Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdo13 View Post
I just want to start out by saying I'm really not trying to start any lengthy discussions (or disputes), I just wanted to get my opinion out there about Graal 2001.
Lets go back and think about what made Graal 2001 such a great server and why certain players want it back so much. It was mainly about the community. Graal 2001 had one of the best online community I have ever been apart of. Everyone communicated on a daily basis, the forums were alive with discussions and debates, events were a daily occurrence. Graal 2001 was about the people first, and content/ features second. Sure it was "cutting edge" for its time, but quickly other servers adopted many of the "cutting edge" ideas Graal 2001 originally made popular.
I guess what I'm trying to say is if you want Graal 2001 to be successful again here is my plan:
1. Take the server back to a more basic over world. I would start with no kingdom areas. Basically the original towns with small kingdom areas.
2. Start with the basics and release a few jobs. (Apple tree farming and fishing.)
3. Start with the basic events, CTF, CS, Survivor, and Go karts.
4. Hold events on a daily basis, perhaps even schedule big events for the weekends (Saturdays/Sundays) at various times. To give away bigger prizes like the first bomy pets etc.
5. Go out from there and re-release things such as hats, bomy pets, auction house, more events etc.

Basically go "back in time" and restart the server from the ground up. You don't need to restart the entire server with all the content it originally had. Start small and release things on a regular basis to keep the players interested. Of course add a new twist to the features (new fishing controls etc.)
Just my two or three cents. It's seems like everyone who comes across being manager thinks they need to fix every feature from the start and re-release an entire finished server from day one.
Maybe I'm just rambling....
Lamer <3
Old 11-22-2010, 09:08 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
We've got pretty much the dream team for the job posting in this thread.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:32 AM
Birdo13 is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
We've got pretty much the dream team for the job posting in this thread.
I would definitely help out with levels if I got a long with the manager and agreed with the direction of the server. I wouldn't want to be a part of something that wouldn't live up to the Graal 2001 name. (not saying that the current plan won't....i just don't know what direction they are going in)

-Lamer
Old 11-25-2010, 01:12 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I get the feeling that I already agree with the current direction in comparison with the direction of the previous manager. Then again I did some work for Konidias and Contiga and I liked all of their ideas and inspirations.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:05 PM
i wish they would open up the server with a lobby or small area or something...so I would have somewhere to idle ;-)

-Lamer
Old 11-27-2010, 05:16 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
agree. lobby with maybe some cts or some sort of mini game/ spar room
Old 12-19-2010, 10:19 AM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Bring the server back as a Graal2001 train ride simulator. You can see the old cities, landscapes, and patrolling police NPCs, but you can never interact with them or even leave the train.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Bring the server back as a Graal2001 train ride simulator. You can see the old cities, landscapes, and patrolling police NPCs, but you can never interact with them or even leave the train.
this sounds like a great idea for servers of the past. You could get old players to script npcs of them doing their favorite tasks on the server also. (corpse fishing, trueheat stealing rocks from googi, icepick running around with 10 bomy pets, etc.) so you just didn't have Manny running around Bomboria...you would have something else to look at also. it would be a great idea to show the history of the server.

-Lamer
Old 12-19-2010, 04:50 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Is Ben Rain/GDT still working on this?

I never saw anyone on tag or never saw Ben for a while now
Old 12-19-2010, 10:45 PM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
Lol seems more or less this thread was more for talk, rather than show..
Old 12-19-2010, 11:28 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
Is Ben Rain/GDT still working on this?
I'm not personally, I asked if anyone else was doing anything almost a month ago and got no answer.

There was supposed to be some sort of meeting to discuss what wanted to get done but they (head of GDT) didn't follow through with it from what I could tell so nothing ever happened.

So, I'd say the project is dead due to lack of organization and motivation.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdo13 View Post
this sounds like a great idea for servers of the past. You could get old players to script npcs of them doing their favorite tasks on the server also. (corpse fishing, trueheat stealing rocks from googi, icepick running around with 10 bomy pets, etc.) so you just didn't have Manny running around Bomboria...you would have something else to look at also. it would be a great idea to show the history of the server.
How about me sitting AFK in the stables?
Old 12-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknts View Post
How about me sitting AFK in the stables?

of course

So it seems another development team has bitten the dust? Why doesn't Stefan give the management of this server over to a team that will get it done? (aka the old players that want it back)

-Lamer
Old 12-21-2010, 11:41 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone wants it back but they're coming at it from the wrong directions. Konidas wanted to rebuild the server with his own unique system and style, the GDT wanted to convert everything (we seen how well that worked for Classic), Rufus sat on his thumb but I think was trying to follow through on something like Konidas' vision. The task is just too monumental for anyone to handle.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Everyone wants it back but they're coming at it from the wrong directions. Konidas wanted to rebuild the server with his own unique system and style, the GDT wanted to convert everything (we seen how well that worked for Classic), Rufus sat on his thumb but I think was trying to follow through on something like Konidas' vision. The task is just too monumental for anyone to handle.
Nothing is monumental to be handled, It's only people don't have enough drive to match their motivation and it collapses on them.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.