Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-22-2011, 09:20 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
wow

Graal Era Facebook owns- no lie o_o

Crono can vouch for me, my reaction to playing it whilst Stefan was on RC was immense
Can't wait to try it :P
Old 03-22-2011, 10:53 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
Graal Era Facebook
You mean "Graal Era iPhone Facebook", because it isn't a facebook version of the original server but the iPhone server.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:08 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
The game runs quite nice on Facebook. I am very excited to see the possibilities of Graal on Facebook. I think it opens up a lot more opportunity to developers.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 03-23-2011, 12:02 AM
Nitron (Atlantis Design)
Theodor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
The game runs quite nice on Facebook. I am very excited to see the possibilities of Graal on Facebook. I think it opens up a lot more opportunity to developers.
i'd love to have a look
Old 03-23-2011, 01:57 AM
the painkiller
iBreez has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I really hope we don't get bombarded with nameless pc:###### accounts as a result.
Complain to stefan and unixmad to get rid of PC's and graal#s and observer, and make it so people can actually name their "account name".
If we get enough people on board I bet it could work
Old 03-23-2011, 02:01 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I am very excited to see the possibilities of Graal on Facebook. I think it opens up a lot more opportunity to developers.
Like what? I hardly think it's going to be groundbreaking, especially not after the PC client has gone so long itself without any exciting possibilities and numerous opportunities.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:02 AM
the painkiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
my G3D server was fun as hell. ajira and i had the best flying-in-the-air arrow-battles and then the most frustrating time figuring out why the "guard" NPCs kept falling indefinitely through the world

totally lost cause though
Is there any builds/clients of graal3d left?
Or videos?
I would love to see what it was. I can't find any footage of it unfortunately, only photos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Like what? I hardly think it's going to be groundbreaking, especially not after the PC client has gone so long itself without any exciting possibilities and numerous opportunities.
Uhh.....
Look at companies that own games like epic pet wars or any of those games, that are made on iphone, then made for web and facebook...
They start at a few thousand people active then go into the 50k+ people active when the web version is released.
All they have to do is advertise once the facebook version is released, using facebook ads, and soon they'll have more than 10 thousand new people in the first week, guaranteed.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:03 AM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
Quote:
"Yo man, can you stop by my Graal House and water my bushes?"
Old 03-23-2011, 02:08 AM
the painkiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by OasaTor_PK View Post
"Yo man, can you stop by my Graal House and water my bushes?"
Lol.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:09 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBreez View Post
Uhh.....
Look at companies that own games like epic pet wars or any of those games, that are made on iphone, then made for web and facebook...
The only one of those companies that's even worth mentioning is Zynga. And they are hardly well off in terms of legitimate game companies. Just because their products are called "games" doesn't mean that's the sort of model game designers should follow. The only type of people who would be interested in using their example is, well, the ones more interested in getting as much money with as little effort as possible.
Quote:
They start at a few thousand people active then go into the 50k+ people active when the web version is released.
All they have to do is advertise once the facebook version is released, using facebook ads, and soon they'll have more than 10 thousand new people in the first week, guaranteed.
So the amazing benefits Graal will reap from this is... something that it could've gotten years ago with a little advertisement?
Old 03-23-2011, 02:18 AM
the painkiller
Quote:
The only one of those companies that's even worth mentioning is Zynga. And they are hardly well off in terms of legitimate game companies. Just because their products are called "games" doesn't mean that's the sort of model game designers should follow. The only type of people who would be interested in using their example is, well, the ones more interested in getting as much money with as little effort as possible.

So the amazing benefits Graal will reap from this is... something that it could've gotten years ago with a little advertisement?
Exactly.
They haven't advertised.
I've never seen a graal advertisement in the three years I've known about it.
Only thing that brought me to graal was the thread made in toucharcade back in november 2009 that appeared out of nowhere, saying the game was released for iphone. I instantly recognized it when I played it, down to the music. It felt extremely nostalgic.
Which then made me have a nostalgia attack, reminding me of 7 year old me playing it (classic server) at a friend's house in 2001.
The only thing I remember was trolling people with the hammer, finding it funny when it squished them.

+ if they use facebook's "facebook credits" for buying gralats, customization packs, house packs ect, they will make a truckload of cash from it, as facebook credits cards are as common in places as walgreens/CVS as a itunes card now.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:44 AM
Past iClassic GP
Zeke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBreez View Post
Exactly.

+ if they use facebook's "facebook credits" for buying gralats, customization packs, house packs ect, they will make a truckload of cash from it, as facebook credits cards are as common in places as walgreens/CVS as a itunes card now.
If it becomes super popular they might sell Gralat Cards next to the FarmVille ones!!!!

Old 03-23-2011, 03:17 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
And who's to say it will be advertised on Facebook anyway?
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:20 AM
the painkiller
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
If it becomes super popular they might sell Gralat Cards next to the FarmVille ones!!!!
Exactly.

But the last questions I have about all of this new stuff are
1. Will I able to sync my facebook, graal account, and ipod in some way, so I can log onto any of them from anywhere
2. Will graal#'s be scrapped so it can be eaiser to link accounts, and just let everyone have a community name? Having 10,000+ pc:#'s/graal#'s running around would be annoying as hell if you were playing from a PC.
Edit:
3. oh and will GraalV6 be able to log onto era iphone and classic iphone?
Old 03-23-2011, 03:24 AM
Zeross is on a distinguished road
I can't wait to try facebook.