Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Kingdoms > Dustari
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-27-2003, 07:36 PM
busyrobot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Zurkiba

It's called a title of ARCHDUCHESS.

ArchDuchess usally is right below the royality. Therefore she is a direct representation of the government and of the people. Someone who is highly regarded enough to be given the rank of ArchDuchess SHOULD be the perfect example of the RPing skills of the kingdom of Dustari.
I would rather have someone who is a good honest decent person with a kind and generous nature, than the best RPers if they acted like jerks.

Rping < honor

You can teach RPing, you can't teach honor.

Quote:
Also Originally posted by Zurkiba

If it was a foot soldier or mage? Yeah sure, I would give them two warnings. But someone so high up should rather be blamed on
A) Themself
B) Who ever gave them that rank

What makes me mad is how someone so unprepared would even be given that rank!

Like I said, she is very worthy of the rank. Last I saw, you left on some barge of a boat to become a refugee in Zormite after you plotted against our King, I hardly say you have the ear of Dustari.

Quote:
Originally posted by Zurkiba

Zurkiba Warhare, Duke and Admiral of Dustari
Born into Dustari during the Dustari-Zormite wars on 2k1.
Became Duke during the pirate raids.
Destroyed the Pirates, the Zormites, the Samurai for the glory of Dustari.
Head of one of the offical nobility families (None of your nobility is from the direct line of nobles of Dustari)
Became Admiral of Dustari on it's birth on 2k2
Owner of the northern half of Dustari (including Borea)
Created the current naval system of Dustari
Conquerer of Dustari

ok... now if you'll see above... You'll see why I have the RIGHT to complain about this. And dont be mistaken... there are many more things I could've put in there.

I've worked hard for Dustari... probably harder then you... probably harder then your king... probably harder then the king of Dustari on 2k1. I acted as a leader, a general, and an organizer.

So if Dustari on 2k2 is screwing everything up then I should be able to come in and correct you.
You made a ruin of Forest, and it has taken them a very long time to rebuild their reputation after you left that isle.

However, even though I challage your claim to have 'divine right' to tell us what to do, I will say, anyone that sees a problem with dustari is free to voice it.

I feel your credentials are beside the point, and thus care more to debate the actions you recommend:

Your heavy handed techniques for dealing with RP faux pas have been tried a thousand times, and has lead to the complete state of the current barren RP environment.

Right now, I would say, we are the most active RPers in GK, do to the new rules we have just implemented.

I will stick to what works, thank you.

"Uh, Professor, are we even allowed in the Forbidden Zone?"
"Why, of course! It's just a name, like the Death Zone or the Zone of No Return. All the zones have names like that in the Galaxy of Terror."
Old 09-27-2003, 08:04 PM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
Quote:
Originally posted by busyrobot

1)I would rather have someone who is a good honest decent person with a kind and generous nature, than the best RPers if they acted like jerks.

Rping < honor

You can teach RPing, you can't teach honor.

2)Like I said, she is very worthy of the rank. Last I saw, you left on some barge of a boat to become a refugee in Zormite after you plotted against our King, I hardly say you have the ear of Dustari.

3)You made a ruin of Forest, and it has taken them a very long time to rebuild their reputation after you left that isle.
I numbered your quotes.
1) Dustari is an RP Kingdom not a 'Oh well you're a goodie two shoes so I'll add you kingdom. It's people like that who ruin RPing

2) I left because I was in defense of my friends which Tseng just deleted for no reason what so ever. And there is no greater honor then giving everything up for the goodwill of a friend.

3) A ruin of Forest? You wasn't even around when I saved it. It was a peaceful state but it was too boring and noone wanted to join. Which is why I made a seperate state. Called Astri. You can't merge Astri and Forest together because they are two seperate states... two differnt ideas... and two differnt to even consider comparing. I made Forest, what it is today is from my offspring of ideas and leadership. The ways I governed and recruited is still there in Forest. And with Astri I brought Glory and Power to the empire. I conquered the world (excluding the Zormites) because of my leadership skills and my diplomatic skills. And let me guess... I was the woarst leader on 2k2... that's why the majority of Dustarians defected and joined me, along with the Samurai and Zormites.

My Forest/Astri was acually full of RPers... we had RP events frequently from the inner kingdom. And I can classify myself as a medicore (if not good) leader considering that people like you are recruiting people into high ranks who dont know anything about RPing. All of my recruits were given a crash course on RPing, something which Dustari obviously doesn't do. Dustari most likely just recruits people with high levels because they are for the good of the kingdom.

If Aftershock was here... he would've been pissed at you all for letting his kingdom go to waste like this, nice job at that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil_Lord_Sparda
I changed it because i learnt what i didn't know before, having been absent from Kingdoms at that time

And also, just because she slipped up once, does U]not[/U] mean she is not a good Roleplayer.
If you was given the rank of ArchDuchess then it means you are a master of RPing... or atleast that is how it should be and that is how it used to be for years. If you're a master of RPing then you dont 'slip' by going

Yo G lay dem 10 rulez on me

or what ever she said. I would understand if it was like an accidental 'lol' or something... but not something stupid and nonrpish as what she said.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:37 PM
busyrobot is on a distinguished road
1) We do RP. If you saw us around in GK you'd know.
Also, don't blame a lack of RPing on not knowing how or not enforcing RP rules, after all, lack of RPing is a GK wide problem.
I didn't say she was a goody two shoes, although she is a good person, she also is a very hard worker and is very loyal to the kingdom.

2) Then you gave up your rights within Dustari for the honor of your friend, fine, but you still gave up your rights. That's part of noble sacrifice, the sacrifice part I mean.

3) Fine, the kingdom with the little 'tree' icon. That's the one you ruined. I didn't see forest before you got to it, but I did see it after.

4) Let aftershock speak for himelf, a well as Gryffon, and others.

Now, have you been to GK lately?
99% of people in all kingdoms on tag don't RP - can - but don't. RPing is saying 'greetings' most of the time, and using ((oocs)) in every single other toguild.

For the record, I joke around at times on tag, If I saw Reni do that, I would have laughed, and perhaps commented on it being ooc, but not made a big deal out of it.
I also tell new people how to bless and use hotkeys at the gov altar on tag (shoot me now!) as I see no reason to confuse newbies with ooc brackets.

Now, the true point of this thread, is that some people are ticked off at the lack of RPing, and want to vent about it at someone.

So try something more constructive then.

The problem with RPing is that the rules allow 'good standards' without encouraging Rping. If you can be lazy and wrap every sentence in ((and)) you'll soon wonder why you bother with them at all.

Then RPing is something that is done when a heavy handed person is on tag, and when they leave, everyone goes straight back to no RPing.

We are actually fixing this, I think you should read the post I mentioned earlier, and if you want to comment on it, then do so by all means.

If you want to punish me for graal's lack of RPing (and I will admit I have been party to it's neglect) then don't spam threads, just PM me in the forums so I can delete it easier.

But the funny thing is you can't stop going on about one incident, like you don't even care about RPing becoming standard throughout GK again.

It's like you'd rather see a head role than the problem actually fixed. I think you should reconsider your priorities.

So, to make it short,
It takes more than knowing how to RP to get people to RP

Everyone gets a crash course in RPing who joins dustari, that is standard. Getting people to RP is more than punishing those who say something in a relaxed moment while on tag.

You have to spark interest, not fear of retribution.

"Uh, Professor, are we even allowed in the Forbidden Zone?"
"Why, of course! It's just a name, like the Death Zone or the Zone of No Return. All the zones have names like that in the Galaxy of Terror."
Old 09-28-2003, 12:10 AM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
This is a pointless debate - RPing is being enforced now (as it should have been all along, but for some reason, I guess my words were improperly heard). RPing is essential to kingdom life, and I always gave a basic RPing test to people who wanted to join Dustari. My other main goal for Dustari was to create a good, honorable kingdom, as what is a kingdom without a vision? These two can, and do, coexist.

Aside from all that, Aftershock would be understanding. Prove that wrong, Zurk. Prove that wrong.

You can't.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:48 AM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
Quote:
Originally posted by Lance
This is a pointless debate - RPing is being enforced now (as it should have been all along, but for some reason, I guess my words were improperly heard). RPing is essential to kingdom life, and I always gave a basic RPing test to people who wanted to join Dustari. My other main goal for Dustari was to create a good, honorable kingdom, as what is a kingdom without a vision? These two can, and do, coexist.

Aside from all that, Aftershock would be understanding. Prove that wrong, Zurk. Prove that wrong.

You can't.
Ok... I cant prove it... nor can you.