Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Information > Gods
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-23-2003, 12:44 AM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
Vangel. He is very cool. His work was one of my inspirations for becoming a scripter. I should work on my tribute firesnake. It needs a little work, but nearly done. I just kinda let it slide for a while.

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 08-07-2003, 06:36 PM
ChristopherJenova is on a distinguished road
can anyone show me plz the alatar? ChristopherJenova
Old 10-11-2003, 07:21 PM
Down with GK Corruption
TripleE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by ChristopherJenova
can anyone show me plz the alatar? ChristopherJenova
South of Igloo Town
Old 02-27-2004, 07:48 AM
ww3098zelda is on a distinguished road
Sunspear (medium level), Daylight (medium level), Wrathful Eye (medium level)

does anyone know if these are accurate and if they acually work?
Old 02-27-2004, 06:13 PM
"Businessman" of Zormite
Kaiser2 is on a distinguished road
Sunspear works. It's like the king of PK prayers.

Also, to whomever said each "+1" in his weapons should give like -10 wc and -20 ac or whatever, you must be INSANE!
Dude, you'll eventually be able to get DianCecht weapons to like, +10, and far greater. So people would get lose 100 wc and 200 ac when they're struck? Sheesh! At that point, EVERYONE would convert to DianCecht, since you could hit a max level person, with all stats maxed and full +s on the strongest gear in the whole game, and he'd be about as strong as a newborn. My god man. You might as well just make his weapons have (Attacktype: Supermegapwnified) Which just instantly kills everyone in the room when you enter, you don't even need to swing your weapon. I seriously, SERIOUSLY think you need to reconsider those bonuses. I mean, like, a -30 ac at max +s would be reasonable, since it'd give you an edge, but not too much of an edge, though I feel that it too is too powerful.

*Lance: Jenn: you're the biggest fool tseng
*Lance: Jenn: because you're trying to create order in a place of chaos
Jagen: create order is a gk spell?
Old 02-27-2004, 07:51 PM
ww3098zelda is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sunspear works. It's like the king of PK prayers.
sunspear is it low or medium?
and how well will it work on monsters since i dun plan to go into b mode anytime soon
Old 02-27-2004, 08:22 PM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser2
Also, to whomever said each "+1" in his weapons should give like -10 wc and -20 ac or whatever, you must be INSANE!
I think the blinding effect is the same, no matter how high the weapon is blessed - additional blessing-levels give added wc, nothing more - the wielder's levels to determin the blinding effect are a different matter, though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser2
Dude, you'll eventually be able to get DianCecht weapons to like, +10, and far greater.
Not really - DianCecht +1 is wisdom level 8. +2 is wis-lv 20, +3 is lv42 - I don't want to imagine what +4 is - and I have no idea why it is that way.

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore
Old 02-28-2004, 04:58 PM
"Businessman" of Zormite
"Today with everyone have like -30 AC and/or WC, it doesn't quite have the same effect. Maybe if each +1 dian gives could make blinding attacks hurt more (normal dian would be -20 wc and -10 ac, seriously screwing you over, +1 would be -40/-20 since you need to be level 8 to get it, +2 -60/-30 because its level 16 to get, etc.) then I would definately switch to diancecht, even though his lack of low level spells and artifacts."

I do not know the exact levels of the blessings, and this is all I had to go by. If you can get to +3 at level 16, and it's already so powerful it'll turn the strongest man in the game into a newb, ac and wc-wise, then it is much, much too overpowered.

And, as far as I know, Blindness, like poison, get stronger as more +s are added, but what he asked for is VERY VERY overpowered.

In the end, my idea of the weapons should be something like this.

Aengus: Confusion status- Either your controls become messed up (such as up becomes left, left becomes right, right becomes down, down becomes left) where the duration is related to the +s on it OR you hit yourself randomly, where the chances of that happening are related to the +s.

Balor: Fear status- lowers your wc as you are so afraid, you can't bring up the courage to attack. The greater the +s, the more wc is deducted.

Bile: Death, Depletion, Life Draining - Death should not effect players, or if it does, those that are much weaker than you, otherwise it'd be much overpowered. Life-draining seems reasonable, as long as it doen't drain the same amount as damage you deal, but instead a minor fraction, like 1/8th or something, but it would take more as you add +s.

Diancecht: Blindness status - lowers your wc and ac, since you cannot see anything. It should have a greater impact on ac than wc, since it's impossible to dodge when blind, but you can always swing your weapon like a madman and still hit something.

Govannon: Just an attack-type, but it is powerful. Weaponmagic is either an attacktype with no way to be resistant to it, or it counts as magic-type damage, which many people have negative resistance.

Ogma: Poison status - It's already fully working. It lowers your stats (str, dex, con, and int, I believe) and it causes minimal damage every few seconds.

Did I miss anyone?

Old 02-28-2004, 05:50 PM
Elite Sheep
I think the problem is that there aren't equally large cults of each god. As far as I know, blessing steps are 5 levels for each on CF. The main unbalance here are the blessing steps, with Ogma and Gov having 1 every 4, most others 1 every 6, DC starts with 8 then geoes up. The others raise to 8 above wisdom 20. In effect, you can get Ogma and Gov +6, at the same level +4 of most others, and +2 of DC...

Quote:
Old 03-01-2004, 03:08 AM
"Businessman" of Zormite
That's why the effects of the lower blessing gods needs to be more powerful, but not as overpowered as THAT.

Old 03-01-2004, 07:37 AM
Elite Sheep
I'd say the blessing steps should be equalized - 5 wisdom levels per + will do fine, because I believe many of those following Ogma and Govannon do so for easy blessing, and hardly anyone is with DianCecht for the same reason. The gods sure are different, but their sats are different enough to set them apart, there is no need for such strange steps - specially as they get messed up after level 20 anyway.

Quote:
Old 03-01-2004, 02:31 PM
"Businessman" of Zormite
Perhaps it should not be that they have equalized blessing steps, but that at 107 wisdom, you'll be able to bless to +26 regardless of your god (IIRC, +26 is the max you can get under Govannon.)

See, for those that bless high, it'll be at smaller intervals at earlier levels, and at higher intervals at higher levels. (like, level 4, 8, 12, 17, 22, 25, 31, 37, 43, etc.) It'd be the opposite for those that bless low. And for those that bless medium, the rate should stay the same regardless.

Old 04-26-2004, 05:14 AM
Zanna
Salli is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Salli
I'm assuming, to bless DianCecht +4, you will need level 75 wisdom. Since level 8 you can do +1, level 20 +2, level 42 +3, and the difference between +1 and +2 is 12 levels. Between +2 and +3 is 22 levels. So +3 and +4 must be 32 levels and so on.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Elite Sheep
The closest thing you can say about blessing steps is that they don't follow any fixed rules that I can find logic in. For Ogma and Gov, they go up by 4 till +5, then 8 twice, then +12 and more.
I'd say either equalise the steps to 5 each, or make it like 2, 4, 6 and so on for every god. Either way, the effects of the various attacktypes and blessings should be reviewed and modifies to be roughly similar in strength.

Quote:
Old 05-04-2004, 04:53 AM
Zanna
Salli is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Salli
Does the spell Daylight work? I had gotten 300/150 grace and attempted get some DianCecht spells, however, I only suceed in getting Wrathful Eye and Sunspear. Something wrong?