Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Whelp, if v6 is officially released, then shouldn't we have a v6 Bug Report thread?

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Well we have a whole dedicated forum for it now (renamed the v5 bug forum)
Old 11-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
When using warpto(); on a Database or Local NPC and you've already seen the NPC on your client, it does not appear on your client when you enter the new level.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:29 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Warpto() to a different level or gmap?
Old 12-01-2012, 02:31 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Warpto() to a different level or gmap?
A different level, no gmap.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:45 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, with a clientside database NPC it requires a reconnect to see changes for whatever reason.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:33 AM
Banned
It seems that with a layer 1 particle image object, a moving particles drawing layer doesn't update in relation to other players/NPCs, which it does in V5.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Banned
Some files which exist within folders offline but are not online as mainfiles are not found by the client.

For instance in Graal/levels/ganis/

there are images such as:

glare1.mng
skip.png
gralats.png

which the f2 window reports as not found.
On a related note my f2 window stopped appearing a few times while testing this, I had to restart the client, no idea why.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:37 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I realize for efficiency you are rendering lumps of tiles(4x4?) to textures and rendering the quads for tiles on v6. However can you look into changing the sampling for tiles to nearest neighbor and no AA? As it is now when you are zoomed in sprites are crisp but tiles and npcs are very blurry. Besides the fact the blurring looks bad it also causes a lot of visual bugs with edges and such bleeding with transparency.

I mean the latest update fixed most of the major rendering bugs with zooming but this one still bugs me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	345.1 KB
ID:	55228  
Old 12-15-2012, 01:55 AM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Stuffs
Cozy fat trees who made those?

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:01 AM
Graal Administration
Quote:
I realize for efficiency you are rendering lumps of tiles(4x4?) to textures and rendering the quads for tiles on v6. However can you look into changing the sampling for tiles to nearest neighbor and no AA? As it is now when you are zoomed in sprites are crisp but tiles and npcs are very blurry. Besides the fact the blurring looks bad it also causes a lot of visual bugs with edges and such bleeding with transparency.

I mean the latest update fixed most of the major rendering bugs with zooming but this one still bugs me.
Doesn't look like a rendering bug, seems the tile gfx is bugged.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:03 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
Cozy fat trees who made those?
Yours truly.

Quote:
Doesn't look like a rendering bug, seems the tile gfx is bugged.
I'm not talking about the gass tiles. I'm talking about how the tiles are blurry, which also causes the trees(and many npcs) to blur at the edge of transparency and cause those outlines at the bottom of the trees.

Mostly ganis = crisp. Npcs and tiles = blurry. It just looks bad in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	289.9 KB
ID:	55229  

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 12-15-2012 at 02:14 AM..
Old 12-15-2012, 02:16 AM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yours truly.

Very nice tree btw

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Yours truly.

I'm not talking about the gass tiles. I'm talking about how the tiles are blurry, which also causes the trees(and many npcs) to blur at the edge of transparency and cause those outlines at the bottom of the trees.

Mostly ganis = crisp. Npcs and tiles = blurry. It just looks bad in my opinion.
Problem is that tiles are often repeated often and zooming it can create very bad moiré effects, but we can see if we can improve it. On Android you sometimes have a bad zoom factor and then you can see this, a "blurry" version of the tiles look better but of course we need to avoid the effect of tile borders.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:57 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Problem is that tiles are often repeated often and zooming it can create very bad moiré effects, but we can see if we can improve it. On Android you sometimes have a bad zoom factor and then you can see this, a "blurry" version of the tiles look better but of course we need to avoid the effect of tile borders.
I think you should simply draw all layers up to layer 3, then scale it up as a whole, then draw the UI layers on it.

Tags
graal v6, windows