Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 02:42 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I've been talking to people and getting them to use V6:

1. Changing the graphics mode to OpenGL resolves a lot of people's speed issues with the V6 client.

Suggestion: Make OpenGL the default, and come up with a benchmark that players can run to help you diagnose potential speed issues.

2. Docking the player list appears to be broken again.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:05 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The OpenGL version doesn't support fullscreen mode yet, that could be a deal-breaker.

Dusty and Sky please provide more exact feedback, otherwise we cannot help and we don't make any progress.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:20 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The OpenGL version doesn't support fullscreen mode yet, that could be a deal-breaker.

Dusty and Sky please provide more exact feedback, otherwise we cannot help and we don't make any progress.
I was very exact and very on-topic, and even explained in-depth how highlighting should act, and FP4 even posted a video.

I was serious when I said it was a problem enough to delay v6 as it is quite frankly a pain in the ass to do anything textbox related in v6(let alone script), but at this rate I really don't care anymore.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:38 AM
Coder
0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough
GuiScrollCtrl client area does not update when a sub-control is destroy()ed.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:55 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
There really isn't anything so bad that V6 can't be released now, but according to what people have said, it might be better if you made it run on Opengl by default rather than DirectX.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:22 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Can't you just make it switch to DirectX if they try to use Fullscreen mode or display an error saying they need to switch to DirectX? It should do this regardless.

The amount of people who play Graal in Windowed mode suffering from performances issues due to DirectX will be much higher than the amount of people who will complain about the lack of Fullscreen mode for OpenGL.

Just going to warn you again but if you release V6 players are going to complain about (if they're not addressed/fixed):

1. Scripted Playerlist (A downgrade from the Internal Playerlist they're used to).

o The scrolling when using the vertical scroll bar feels slower because it scrolls by pixel instead of row like the Internal Playerlist.

o Internal Playerlist uses a compact window border, Scripted External Windows use the full-fledged border.

o Doesn't use a OS Native GUI Style. I suggested this before you really need to find a better Native OS theme and allow people to an Internal and an External GUI Style instead of Default GUI Style. VPlusBlue also sucks, it completely lacks any kind of visual border, is there no Default Windows XP or 7 GUI Style? Attached one I was able to create, that I would prefer to use for External Windows but not in-game.

o Playerlist Docking isn't a default option/behavior (I misreported that it was broken due to that), nor is it as smooth as Internal Playerlist when it does dock.

o The highlighting problem we detailed extends to using the vertical scrollbar (one that players will experience) as well, if your mouse leaves the window it stops working.

2. Windows Font Rendering is Very Different (My Scripted RC vs External RC was a good example of this).

3. DirectX Performance compared to V5, this is avoidable if you just default everyone to OpenGL where they seem to have not nearly as many performance issues.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Windows XP style.zip (499.7 KB, 531 views)

Last edited by fowlplay4; 10-14-2012 at 09:29 AM..
Old 10-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Seriously, what is needed before releasing v6?
Please report problems like:
- crashes
- broken functionality
- major compatibility problems on servers
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Bugs:
  • Tiles displaying in wrong level, caused by tiles[x,y] manipulation + updateboard(): Link 1 Link 2
  • A lot of the times when you logon a server, something steals control focus, forcing you to click somewhere on the window to regain focus: Link 1 Link 2 Link 3 Link 4
  • NPC sword and shield changes on the serverside is not synchronized to clientside: Link 1
  • It seems that it's possible to receive global PMs from players you have set to ignore: Link 1
These problems posted in a thread by Ziro, that were of issues previously reported in this thread, have still not been resolved.

In addition to the tile manipulation bug, exiting such a level causes some of its level NPC's to continue executing if you warp to a map:

The whole darkness flicker effect is not supposed to occur there, it is a remnant of an NPC within the original level.

Quote:
Could the playerlist option "play sound when receive PM" use a sound other than chest.wav? It doesn't seem consistent with receiving a message at all, it's even somewhat annoying with the sound being 2 seconds long: Link 1
Not only is it annoying that receiving a PM still plays the sound chest.wav, because of sounds being muted while the Graal window isn't selected there's a good chance you wouldn't hear it anyway. Again this can even happen while you're typing a PM to someone else.

I still have an issue with GUI controls displaying red lines:

Oddly enough it wasn't happening for me while using an Nvidia graphics card, but does happen when I use a Radeon one. It also only happens when using OpenGL rather than DirectX.

Quote:
About gani: don't use extremely huge textures, if possible no graphics larger than 1024x1024 pixels. This means no tilesets as npc graphic (@ffcmike)
I just remade the gani with a separate image, it works fine within the Gani Editor, works fine when using the V5 client, yet somehow is still bugged in the same way as before within the V6 client, even when f2/files show the new file has been downloaded.

I've tried manually deleted the file + removing from filenamecache.
I've tried the same file with a different name.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: gani classic_player_buildshack_01.gani (22.8 KB, 524 views)

Last edited by ffcmike; 10-14-2012 at 08:05 PM..
Old 10-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
A new version has been uploaded: v6.034, improving playerlist and window behaviour:
- the playerlist now shows as toolbar window
- it only adds one taskbar button for Graal
- external windows such as playerlist stay on top of the Graal window
- when you click on the Graal task bar button then all Graal windows will show
- minimize button and maximize buttons are correctly hidden when the GuiWindowCtrl has hidden them
- new window attributes istoolwindow (used for the playerlist) and showontaskbar, they should not be used together, and showontaskbar is currently not really perfect because you cannot specify parent windows

About other things:
ffcmike gani: currently it's limiting the sprite count to 20 per frame and direction, can possibly increase it if needed
GUI style: will try to make the VPlusBlue the default one soon
Old 10-14-2012, 08:27 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Is there any word on sound being played while Graal is an inactive window?
Old 10-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
ffcmike gani: currently it's limiting the sprite count to 20 per frame and direction, can possibly increase it if needed
Knowing this I've now noticed this is breaking other ganis.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:34 PM
team canada
Quote:
GUI style: will try to make the VPlusBlue the default one soon
I said VPlusBlue sucks and hate using it as the Default GUI Style. I would prefer to make the WBA I linked my default for external GUI controls like Options/PMs/Playerlist, and keep GuiBlue for my default in-game GUI style.

Also the checkbox to disable/enable Lights, Weather, and Particles needs to be re-added to the F3 Options window.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Graal Administration
VPlusBlue is pretty neutral between Windows and OSX, but can make it possible in a future version to configure internal and external window styles separately.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:30 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Please give Windows users the option to use the normal and default profiles/playerlist.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:11 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
i re-installed it and it's fine now..

BTW, my nickname is Tk but i can't use it anymore since names must have atleast 3 characters now...wtf?
Old 10-15-2012, 03:04 AM
Graal Administration
There was a problem with the packager we are using to bundle the game with basic game files, will try to fix it with the next version, haven't seen those errors before.

Last edited by Admins; 10-15-2012 at 02:06 PM..

Tags
graal v6, windows