Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-03-2014, 03:05 PM
the Professional.
Raelyn will become famous soon enough
Bank and/or Currency Exchange

I had an idea for GK, thought I would throw out there.

In Crossfire and Diamonin and other games that use the crossfire code, there are further levels of currency, like above platinum coins, there are amberium coins, and jade coins, etc. For instance, 100 platinum coins would be 1 amberium, and 10 amberium would be 1 jade, etc, etc.

We could maybe have a bank house, where people could exchange their plats for a higher denomination coin, so that it wasn't so hard to carry around money.

Currently, 100k plats weighs like 300kg, which is a bit much to carry around, especially when you plan to do any *serious* shopping with 100k+ plats.

I collect "diamonds of great value" just because if you have 40k plat worth of them it's about 1kg... otherwise, they are useless in the game. It's the lightest way to carry money around that I know of, currently.

It could even be possible just to have a shop like the mana crystal shop in igloo town, but the shop JUST sells diamonds of great value, so that players could buy them as a universal high value plat item that is easier to carry around.

Thoughts?
Old 08-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
A bank would just be easier than a currency exchange.

There are those who would make the argument, however, that you should just store coins in your house.

EDIT: It's pretty funny though Raelyn, platinum coin weight was lowered SIGNIFICANTLY since your days. (It's still heavy as ****)
Old 08-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn
I had an idea for GK, thought I would throw out there.

In Crossfire and Diamonin and other games that use the crossfire code, there are further levels of currency, like above platinum coins, there are amberium coins, and jade coins, etc. For instance, 100 platinum coins would be 1 amberium, and 10 amberium would be 1 jade, etc, etc.
Because Diamonds, Sapphires, Rubies, Gold Keys, Event Coins, Xmas Tokens, Enchant Armor Scrolls, Improve Weapon Damage Scrolls, and Nihil Coins clearly aren't alternative forms of currency, and it's obvious that we need more.

Quote:
We could maybe have a bank house, where people could exchange their plats for a higher denomination coin, so that it wasn't so hard to carry around money.
It's called a shop vendor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
I collect "diamonds of great value" just because if you have 40k plat worth of them it's about 1kg... otherwise, they are useless in the game.
Except that they're used in recipes for yarn. Would be nice if we had more of them around, though.

Quote:
Currently, 100k plats weighs like 300kg, which is a bit much to carry around, especially when you plan to do any *serious* shopping with 100k+ plats.
300kg / 4500kg max = 7% of your total weight capacity. And let's not forget that you can apparently buy formerly illegitimate 'weightless' bags now for about 1,000 NC.

Also, if you're doing serious shopping, then weight and speed should hardly be a concern. It's not exactly the Olympic 100m dash, and mostly involves one or two people idling in shops for half an hour until they decide to pop in and out of the front door to reset the shop.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:29 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
300kg / 4500kg max = 7% of your total weight capacity.
I actually completely skipped over the part where he said 300 kg. That's pretty damn good for 100k.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
I actually completely skipped over the part where he said 300 kg. That's pretty damn good for 100k.
It really is, considering you could still manage to carry ten times the amount (1 million platinum coins, or 3000kg) in a mostly clean inventory with lots of strength.

If you are carrying around tons of coins all the time while you're fighting other players or monsters, I understand how it becomes a burden because I've made the same mistake myself. But if that's the case, you're probably not devoting much of your time to shopping.

We really don't need more types of currency that exist purely for the fact that they weigh less. We already have those, technically. They are just earned through alternative means.

Last edited by Draenin; 08-03-2014 at 03:50 PM..
Old 08-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Zormite
I think the amount of different currencies is actually a problem.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
I think the amount of different currencies is actually a problem.
A diversity of currencies is a good thing. And even if GK were to suddenly drop back to the base currencies only (gold, silver, platinum) other items would be used as currencies instead.

Diamonds, for instance, were not originally intended as a currency, but they got that way partly because of their weight and mostly because you need a lot of them to open all of your weapon improvement slots.

Other currencies like Event Coins, Christmas Tokens, and Nihil Coins are used as currencies because they are required to pick up certain things from special shops as well. But yet they will still convert nicely back into platinum or other currencies depending on what the other party in a trade desires.

Just the ability to collect more than one of any given thing leaves potential for things to become currencies, and you can't really escape that.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Currency exchange can be done via any shop. Trade your silver for gold and gold for plat. Plat is the current highest currency. EC and Nihil are not shop currencies they are just tools to barter with other players and spend in isolated special shops such as the ec shop or the Nihil shop.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
EC and Nihil are not shop currencies they are just tools to barter with other players and spend in isolated special shops such as the ec shop or the Nihil shop.

Uhhhhm...
Old 08-03-2014, 04:52 PM
Zormite
scriptless more like brainless! dohohohohoho
Old 08-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
There is an NPC which allows you to exchange platinum coins for Nihil Coins. I believe this is the effect you're reaching for (without adding unnecessary tenders).
Old 08-04-2014, 01:52 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I have almost 900k platinum. Is this an equal exchange or is there a loss when converting back and forth?
Old 08-04-2014, 02:00 AM
the Professional.
Raelyn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
There is an NPC which allows you to exchange platinum coins for Nihil Coins. I believe this is the effect you're reaching for (without adding unnecessary tenders).
Where?
Old 08-04-2014, 02:59 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post

Uhhhhm...
I am just guessing you want to trade plat to nihil, then nihil back in to plat when you want to spend them? Because you can't just waltz right into any shop and start spending NC so trading plat to NC to save space wont let you buy anything except for what the NC shop lets you buy with your NC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
I have almost 900k platinum. Is this an equal exchange or is there a loss when converting back and forth?
It's a one-way exchange. Once you trade your plat for nc you can't trade back. Stephen should have said buy nihil coins. It's not a legitimate exchange.

Quote:
Where?
I think it's in bomboria somewhere. I know it exists, but, I'm not sure where. If im not mistaken it uses a GUI to let you select how many you want.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:51 AM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Where?
Trade room book on table left of the Nihil Guy above the trading tables. Must grab the book.