Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 05:01 AM
Coder
Programmer has a spectacular aura aboutProgrammer has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Programmer Send a message via MSN to Programmer Send a message via Yahoo to Programmer
Overpowered weapons, Base Laming, Etc

My opinion on Zone's current state:

Most of the weapons on Zone are overpowered. Some are just plain annoying (Such as Photon, which I refer to as 'the overpowered enhancedpulsar' and Chainsaw). Some weapons should be removed or stripped of some power. Carrots should be removed, even though they're rarely used. They're bloody overpowered. (How can a carrot kill you in 2-3 shots?). Assaultpistole is another example. Its bullets shoot twice as fast as normal bullets, allowing them to hit you twice as fast as you can hit them. Combined with their sheer power (12 per bullet with 4 bullets, isn't it?), it makes them majorly overpowered.

Base laming is a major issue here in Zone, so I suggest that you be able to select a base to spawn at when you respawn. (Of course, your team has to capture it first). This allows for people to escape unfair odds against players who just sit there, firing their photons or running around with chainsaws. At respawn time, a small map will appear asking you to select your spawn point. Select a flag on a base your team has, and press OK. You will spawn there.

Shop items that used to be in Zone a year ago are no longer there because of the "GELAT" shop. (...What are these gelats? How are new players supposed to understand the concept of "gelats" when there's no valid explanation for them?). These should be moved back into the regular shop. The current weapons in there are pathetic. Metallic Rifle is just plain bad, and Streamer is somewhat better, but what happened to Red Rifle, Blue Rifle, and the ammo clips? They're in the Gelat shop.

Variety. There needs to be something that invites players to the other planets. Right now, everyone goes to Iricia (for the base laming). There needs to be a way to attract players to certain planets.

*Please note that if you ignore, delete or otherwise mangle this thread, then the state of Zone will continue for the rest of the time it has.

** This post is subject to change upon receiving more information.

Last edited by pooper200000; 08-02-2008 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: Removed part of post as per Daniel's request. All questions regarding sections of this post being removed may be sent to him.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:14 AM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
My opinion on Zone's current state:

Most of the weapons on Zone are overpowered. Some are just plain annoying (Such as Photon, which I refer to as 'the overpowered enhancedpulsar' and Chainsaw). Some weapons should be removed or stripped of some power. Carrots should be removed, even though they're rarely used. They're bloody overpowered. (How can a carrot kill you in 2-3 shots?). Assaultpistole is another example. Its bullets shoot twice as fast as normal bullets, allowing them to hit you twice as fast as you can hit them. Combined with their sheer power (12 per bullet with 4 bullets, isn't it?), it makes them majorly overpowered.
Agreed.

Quote:
Base laming is a major issue here in Zone, so I suggest that you be able to select a base to spawn at when you respawn. (Of course, your team has to capture it first). This allows for people to escape unfair odds against players who just sit there, firing their photons or running around with chainsaws. At respawn time, a small map will appear asking you to select your spawn point. Select a flag on a base your team has, and press OK. You will spawn there.
That's if the other team doesn't hold them to make sure right?

Quote:
Shop items that used to be in Zone a year ago are no longer there because of the "GELAT" shop. (...What are these gelats? How are new players supposed to understand the concept of "gelats" when there's no valid explanation for them?). These should be moved back into the regular shop. The current weapons in there are pathetic. Metallic Rifle is just plain bad, and Streamer is somewhat better, but what happened to Red Rifle, Blue Rifle, and the ammo clips? They're in the Gelat shop.
4 TEH CASHMONIES

Quote:
Variety. There needs to be something that invites players to the other planets. Right now, everyone goes to Iricia (for the base laming). There needs to be a way to attract players to certain planets.
Agreed.

Have you noticed that almost all the weapon gani's are the same? :O

Last edited by pooper200000; 08-02-2008 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: Removed part of post as per Daniel's request. All questions regarding sections of this post being removed may be sent to him.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:09 AM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Uhh, why chance it to please one person.

And zone's almost always been like that, why change it?
Old 08-02-2008, 06:21 AM
Coder
Send a message via AIM to Programmer Send a message via MSN to Programmer Send a message via Yahoo to Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
Uhh, why chance it to please one person.

And zone's almost always been like that, why change it?
Because I'm not trying to please myself, I'm trying to make a fair environment for new players to come in, enjoy the game and possibly sign up.

You fail to see the point of the thread. Please, re-read it.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:26 AM
hi
Quote:
Because I'm not trying to please myself, I'm trying to make a fair environment for new players to come in, enjoy the game and possibly sign up.

You fail to see the point of the thread. Please, re-read it.
Well there are new people all the time..
Old 08-02-2008, 06:27 AM
Coder
Quote:
Well there are new people all the time..
How many stay though?

The point of the thread is to improve Zone. Not to keep it the same. Please, re-read the thread.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:30 AM
hi
Quote:
How many stay though?

The point of the thread is to improve Zone. Not to keep it the same. Please, re-read the thread.
Please re-read the thread,blah blah. Plently of people complain. And am i supose 2 count who stays?
Old 08-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Coder
Quote:
Please re-read the thread,blah blah. Plently of people complain. And am i supose 2 count who stays?
No, but you don't have to participate in trying to help Zone if you don't want to. Just get off of my thread :/
Old 08-02-2008, 06:55 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
The biggest imbalance comes from the cash shop. Assault Pistols are the lamest pieces of trash to walk on Zone. I don't have a problem with the photon rifle, it is not hard to take a user down.

Give us non-cash users ApRippers for commando if you want to re-balance Zone.

Last edited by pooper200000; 08-02-2008 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: Removed part of post as per Daniel's request. All questions regarding sections of this post being removed may be sent to him.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:00 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
i miss the way zone used to be
way back in 2006.
can we just change it so that its the way it used to be?
Old 08-02-2008, 09:13 PM
hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
The biggest imbalance comes from the cash shop. Assault Pistols are the lamest pieces of trash to walk on Zone. I don't have a problem with the photon rifle, it is not hard to take a user down.

Give us non-cash users ApRippers for commando if you want to re-balance Zone.
Commando is 4 gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
i miss the way zone used to be
way back in 2006.
can we just change it so that its the way it used to be?
No, zone is mostly used for money now. Unless you're willing to pay stefan/unix the money they're losing.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:22 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Commando is 4 gold.
I didn't say for trials, I said for non-cashers, aka people who don't spend money on items.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:49 PM
-----
darksage15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
If all this stuff on this thread came true, it would be a graal paradise, but we know it's never gonna happen. Unixmad/Stefan or whoever makes money off of Zone is making a fortune. A bunch of people want gelat weps BECAUSE they're overpowered and they think they're good with them. Every oldbie wishes they can have Zone back to 06 or 05 or whatever, but it's not going to happen.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:15 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksage15 View Post
If all this stuff on this thread came true, it would be a graal paradise, but we know it's never gonna happen. Unixmad/Stefan or whoever makes money off of Zone is making a fortune. A bunch of people want gelat weps BECAUSE they're overpowered and they think they're good with them. Every oldbie wishes they can have Zone back to 06 or 05 or whatever, but it's not going to happen.
That doesn't mean we can't try. There are more things than just overpowered weapons that can be changed. Any positive effort is good effort and you effort isn't going to help anything. Such pessimism could possibly be what got us into this problem to begin with.

I think that some of the weapons are overpowered. The thing about the streamer, and the metallic rifle is they are balanced. I think a lot of the shop weapons are too strong. A great example of this are the assult pistoles. The assault pistols are extremely fast, but the drawback should have been much slower shooting or much weaker bullets.

Base laming. Any way that the players can be randomly droppped on the gamp might help, perhaps spawn players entering the gmap as far away from members of the other team as possible.

The problem with other planets, even the more recent ones is time. Iricia is the easiest map to travel (You hop in a bike and it takes a very short time) and you don't have any trees to get in the way. If you travel across the map there is the other team's spawn base. CTF never had this problem because of how large the spawn area was, there was not one specific spawn point. The same thing happened on Alpha. Koth runs into this problem but because the spawn area is usually a few tents, a few players can escape.

Gwars had problems being successful because you had to wait for a new round to start. The fact you could wait 10 minutes was enough to stop some players from waiting (And this happens on DM)

The best thing to do would be to create a small map (So you can enter and get kills) that you can enter all the time, but that had multiple objectives

Eg. Capture the bases to lower the shield, after lowering the shield attack the enemies power planet, enter their base and don't let them touch a certain button to enact their power planet again, and after 50 kills of the other team, the round ends (There wouldn't be anything like the arctic final) You could also have secondary objectives like finding a randomly moving hill and after ten seconds you can get new vehicles or weapons enabled.

Having multiple objectives can extend the length of the round and can promote team work and cooperation.

Zone's maps need variation for players to enjoy them.

Last edited by pooper200000; 08-03-2008 at 02:29 AM..
Old 08-03-2008, 07:34 AM
hi
I like that lower the shields idea, it's awesome.
Closed Thread