Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2006, 03:38 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake13jake View Post
Yea, but if there are a lot of them turned on it has the potential to lag the server to death.
...as opposed to them all, always being on? I think you've confused me-
Me: It should be something players have to turn on - you activate it recording incoming vulgarity to be used as evidence in a formal complaint, the rest of the time it's off.
You: But then if everyone turned it on at the same time, the server would lag to death.
Me: ...isn't that what it's doing now, Everyone has it turned on?

Maybe if it recorded multiple instances of the same people - all 20 people in level 14 turning it on and recording 20 instances each of the 19 other people each swearing - that could be a problem...

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 11-10-2006, 04:35 AM
Former Classic Staff
jake13jake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
...as opposed to them all, always being on? I think you've confused me-
Me: It should be something players have to turn on - you activate it recording incoming vulgarity to be used as evidence in a formal complaint, the rest of the time it's off.
You: But then if everyone turned it on at the same time, the server would lag to death.
Me: ...isn't that what it's doing now, Everyone has it turned on?

Maybe if it recorded multiple instances of the same people - all 20 people in level 14 turning it on and recording 20 instances each of the 19 other people each swearing - that could be a problem...
I thought you meant recording all chat.
Anyways, it's much much much simpler just to have it on all the time, and shouldn't lag the server at all.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:17 AM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
recording all chat is death to the npc server x.x
Old 02-02-2007, 02:24 AM
Ryan Smyth will be missed
Glefistus is an unknown quantity at this point
wtf, classic used to be the only cool server swearing wise cuz they didnt care much. this sux, I am considering quitting classic 0.o
Old 02-02-2007, 02:29 AM
Registered Omega
killerogue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to killerogue Send a message via MSN to killerogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glefistus View Post
wtf, classic used to be the only cool server swearing wise cuz they didnt care much. this sux, I am considering quitting classic 0.o
This is what the Graal community has come to.

REMEMBER, IF YOU REP ME, LEAVE A NAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
Graal admins don't die. They go to hell and regroup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Without scripters, your graphics and levels wouldn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Classic Systems Admin
Polo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Polo
I should probably clarify this.

Personally, I don't care if you swear in messages to other player as long as your both happy for that to happen. The reason this was introduced was that before we would get a complaint about swearing, but have no evidence to go with it. Because of this, lot of people were reporting fellow players just to get them in trouble, often when they had not sworn at all. With things recorded, we can easily verify any claims, which just helps us from wrongly warning people. We are not going to troll through the history just to catch everyone who ever swore, it's only there as an aid for when its required. Anyway, in most cases players are not getting jailed for swearing unless it's very severe and persistent. In that case they are fully aware of what they are doing and will have had warnings (both informal and formal) before hand.

I should probably also point out that theres been quite an increase in vulgar mass messages over the last year or two, something that is preventing a lot of people from enjoying mass messages. I just wish people would have a little more thought about what they are massing at times, as Graal is a game for all ages.

Hope that clears thing up. You are welcome to ask me more about it in-game if you wish.

Proof that the staff are crazy..
*Ghost Pirate: I'm a little teacup short and stubbe here is my raygun here is my butt
DragonX: Jumping jack rabbits Batman! Our eggo waffles have been stolen! To the batmobile Robin!
X-Mann (RC): I have a head ache
Old 02-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
Considering at the end of the day, they are just words, words that people have been told that they are "bad".

I can't believe people actually cry over such little things. I would hate to see what they would be like in person.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I should probably also point out that theres been quite an increase in vulgar mass messages over the last year or two, something that is preventing a lot of people from enjoying mass messages. I just wish people would have a little more thought about what they are massing at times, as Graal is a game for all ages.
The mass messages is why I was glad to see this implimented. I agree with you in saying it doesn't matter what people say in private PM's, as long as the other person doesn't mind, but like you, I wish people would show a little restraint in public/mass messages. Not everyone wants to read that stuff.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
Don't get me twisted, I really hate going on classic (when I used too) and every man and his dog would be massiving absolute CRAP.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Thought:
There should be a seperate category for Persistent Messages. Instead of getting the same mass several times because that one guy wants to make sure everyone hears him asking where he get ying-yang in box, send a Persistent message and it's "stickied".
Also makes it easier for the GPs to figure out who's sending them, since it'll be there for a while if they're abusing it.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 05-22-2007, 08:18 AM
I am X-Mann
WHIPENIE4 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to WHIPENIE4 Send a message via AIM to WHIPENIE4
damn i thought the Ignore list was made for issues like this. i can understand staff, but anyone else can ignore

- X-Mann (Blessing Graal since 1998) Haha

- Graal 2000 Project (Contact Me to get Apart of this expierience

Windows Vista. Graal. Not a Good Combination.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHIPENIE4 View Post
damn i thought the Ignore list was made for issues like this. i can understand staff, but anyone else can ignore
People who don't want to see abusive language should not have to put people on ignore just so they don't see it. There should be a filter built into the client or something, so that it is used on all of Graal, and not just playerworlds who chose to use it.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 05-22-2007, 02:44 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I know this is old but you must have a huge record on my account. :P
Old 05-22-2007, 03:19 PM
I am X-Mann
WHIPENIE4 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to WHIPENIE4 Send a message via AIM to WHIPENIE4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
People who don't want to see abusive language should not have to put people on ignore just so they don't see it. There should be a filter built into the client or something, so that it is used on all of Graal, and not just playerworlds who chose to use it.
they used to have a filter a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away/when there was only like 3 servers. I remember because when i used to cuss all the time it used to say (YOU CAN NOT CURSE ON YADA YADA) something like that it'd block out the whooole message. I know they did, even on the text just in toalls n stuff. BUT ignoring isnt that bad of an idea when i wasnt staff it came in handy, now that im not staff again, it damn sure comes in handy.

- X-Mann (Blessing Graal since 1998) Haha

- Graal 2000 Project (Contact Me to get Apart of this expierience

Windows Vista. Graal. Not a Good Combination.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:24 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
No.