Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2007, 06:15 AM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
People are only hurt by curse words and etc because they were brought up to understand them as something bad. When in fact, they are just words.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:23 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
Considering at the end of the day, they are just words, words that people have been told that they are "bad".

I can't believe people actually cry over such little things. I would hate to see what they would be like in person.
I love you.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 07-05-2007, 08:38 PM
shutup ctrl+s
syltburk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to syltburk Send a message via AIM to syltburk Send a message via Yahoo to syltburk
Seems pretty retarded to me, but it's classic development!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
on Zodiac, You cant say yen....
Old 07-11-2007, 12:03 AM
The Flying Dutchmen
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
classic is becoming more of a jail detention center.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGuy View Post
classic is becoming more of a jail detention center.
Considering jailing is at an all time low, this statement makes me giggle.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:28 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Only if Graal is going to target an older age group, and not young children whos parents might not want their kids to see the things I have seen in game. There is more to think of besides what some of us want. If Graal is going to target a younger playerbase, then they need to make it pleasing towards the parents/caregivers also, or they are not going to pay for it even if they do have the money to do so.

I don't agree that there should be an option to turn it off. I believe it should be implemented, and used by everyone.

How does this make any sense to you?

Right now there is no way of checking to see if an account was registered through use of COPPA, or any real checks of whether or not someone is old enough. I know there are plenty of Classic Players who have lied about being over 12 (so 13 or older) to accept COPPA agreements, and have freely admitted they're under 13. However, your suggestion is that Graal Online should cater to these liars that have already broken Graal's Code of Conduct?

I don't see how Graal Online's Code of Conduct can possibly stand to protect them if they've violated it. Once they've violated it, all protection should be out the window.

Instead of catering to younger kids who shouldn't be playing the game to begin with based on the COPPA Agreement(Honestly Unixmad and Stefan, how many COPPA Forms have you gotten from parents? 2? 3?) how about we weed these issues out first? Worry about protecting the legit younger crowd once we're sure they belong here.

Also, why not allow the censor to be enabled or disabled Moonie? No one is going to force you to disable yours. No one will force kids to disable theirs.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:45 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Perhaps I should slightly elaborate. No server staff members can check if an account was registered by use of a COPPA agreement and it cannot be checked in game.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:21 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerTFFD View Post
Considering jailing is at an all time low, this statement makes me giggle.
I always get jailed. You're constantly going on about how Classic has eased the rules to allow for a little more foul language but nothing has changed. I think the last time I was jailed was by Bell, for 5 days. For profanity.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Nemo
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I always get jailed. You're constantly going on about how Classic has eased the rules to allow for a little more foul language but nothing has changed. I think the last time I was jailed was by Bell, for 5 days. For profanity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailing Logs from Classic
Time: Fri Jun 22 06:06:13 2007
nikomi946 attempted to jail maximus_asinus for 120 hour(s) (cited reason "racial remarks")
You're complaining of a jailing nearly a month ago for a different reason than the one you provided? Max, I expected better.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:59 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerTFFD View Post
You're complaining of a jailing nearly a month ago for a different reason than the one you provided? Max, I expected better.
I consider racial remarks and profanity as pretty much the same thing. I still think the whole 'rules are more relaxed' is a bunch of bull still.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Nemo
I'd link to the post I made about that, but the whole relaxing of the rules thing was voted against by people on Classic awhile ago. Get with the times. And the difference between racism and profanity is the jail time which explains the lengthy one you got.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:14 PM
The Flying Dutchmen
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
why are you guys focusing on relaxing rules, or living by the rules, while classic needs some development in both levels and a storyline.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Nemo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGuy View Post
why are you guys focusing on relaxing rules, or living by the rules, while classic needs some development in both levels and a storyline.
Because, Oh I don't know, GPs can't develop and aren't meant to? (And even on that point, Eillen uploads and Bell does various things.) You have my full support, though, to chew out Hell Raven and his crew of "workers".
Old 07-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake13jake View Post
Vulgar chat is now recorded.
I would instruct the GP to only use it if there are complaints about someone being harassed. I have no intention of it being used to jail players for cursing in private conversation, etc. However, I don't control how it will be used, so talk to Stryker if you don't like it. Frankly I'm not shocked at how large the file is after one day.
Well surely stryker doesnt follow this.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)