Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Can anyone explain to me what company owns which? I thought i knew, but reading the above posts i think i am wrong. Does Cyberjours handout licenses? If so then that means they gave one to fairyland and Graal correct? Also, what is the big discussion thats happening here?

Someone wants it where a person can purchase the rights to copy graal and make their own "Graal"?
Old 02-22-2009, 12:35 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Can anyone explain to me what company owns which? I thought i knew, but reading the above posts i think i am wrong. Does Cyberjours handout licenses? If so then that means they gave one to fairyland and Graal correct? Also, what is the big discussion thats happening here?

Someone wants it where a person can purchase the rights to copy graal and make their own "Graal"?
Fairyland isn't related to the topic at hand, it was merely referenced as an example. Linux Cyberjoueurs recently changed their name to Eurocenter - they're essentially the same business.

Eurocenter is actively marketting the "QuattroPlay" engine (Graal Online game engine) to any interested party, with the proposed scheme of:
  • QuattroPlay Silver for independent developer, game hobbyist.
  • QuattroPlay Gold for all companies needs
  • QuattroPlay Platinium for big projects / companies needs.

Eurocenter would still own all "Graal Online" trademarks and copyrights, protecting it from duplication unless that was otherwise specified in their licensing contracts.

The matter at hand is, for all intensive purposes, that Cyberjoueurs (Eurocenter) has been drifting further from their poorly developing community (us at Graal Online) towards developing the platform solely for the purpose of marketing it. Some people aren't aware of this, and are still requesting developments for Graal Online, some people are aware and are instead trying to find alternatives to the (modern) development tools they requested.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:17 AM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
It would be nice to see someone else purchase this game that has some real money to spend.
It could picture the meeting between Unix and the potential buyer, where Unix proceeds to demand one billion dollars for it.

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now
Old 02-22-2009, 01:19 AM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Fairyland isn't related to the topic at hand, it was merely referenced as an example. Linux Cyberjoueurs recently changed their name to Eurocenter - they're essentially the same business.

Eurocenter is actively marketting the "QuattroPlay" engine (Graal Online game engine) to any interested party, with the proposed scheme of:
  • QuattroPlay Silver for independent developer, game hobbyist.
  • QuattroPlay Gold for all companies needs
  • QuattroPlay Platinium for big projects / companies needs.

Eurocenter would still own all "Graal Online" trademarks and copyrights, protecting it from duplication unless that was otherwise specified in their licensing contracts.

The matter at hand is, for all intensive purposes, that Cyberjoueurs (Eurocenter) has been drifting further from their poorly developing community (us at Graal Online) towards developing the platform solely for the purpose of marketing it. Some people aren't aware of this, and are still requesting developments for Graal Online, some people are aware and are instead trying to find alternatives to the (modern) development tools they requested.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I honestly don't think Graal has any legitimate copyrights. They're public, and in previous threads search attempts returned nothing.

SMOKE AND MIRRORS!

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now
Old 02-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
So we can't expect updates for GraalOnline, even if we pay for it, and should licence it instead and build up a competitor to GraalOnline?
Wierd business mechamism...
Old 02-22-2009, 06:06 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt1zzle View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I honestly don't think Graal has any legitimate copyrights. They're public, and in previous threads search attempts returned nothing.

SMOKE AND MIRRORS!
What does being 'public' have to do with anything? In a legal sense, GraalOnline/Eurocenter isn't a public company, because it has no stocks that are publicly traded.

Furthermore, of course GraalOnline hold 'legitimate copyrights'. Simply publishing the code for the game has issued a copyright under their name.

If you're questioning their legitimacy as a company, meaning whether or not they are incorporated, LLC, etc., I haven't seen anything indicating that they are. Of course, France may operate differently in regards to those details than the United States.

Though, a quick investigation of their mailing address leads to a building owned a French domicile/secretary/business mail forwarding company, so I would imagine that they are 'legitimate'.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Zvarri!
TESTRETIS has a spectacular aura about
First they need to fix playertouchsme, but I agree. Graal is a great learning engine and have always thought that.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:59 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Sorry but this is not a place to discuss weird theories about the company structure or rights. It's usual in the business world to put different acitvities into separate companies. Also if you are not blind you might have seen we are actively updating the servers and the game (last week: adding TDrawingPanel to npcserver and fixing memory leaks on gserver, spent hours on a rollback and script help for Zodiac, support center help for fixing accounts and subscriptions, improving server security and stability, speeding up the particle engine and making it work in the latest Graal version for Windows again) and also working a lot on a new game client although our main focus is currently to expand the business into the mobile phone market and especially mobile online games. That business is represented by Eurocenter which you can see on the website.
Closed Thread