Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-22-2007, 09:53 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
If GK was actually active in terms of playercount it'd be much more fun in my opinion, along with the fact that it would have a thriving community might make people want to upgrade.
A trial never experiences this. Community is something that has more "stick" than "pull". It doesn't really bring new players in, but rather it gives people a reason to stay even after they get bored of the gameplay, but gameplay is what pulls new players in.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:57 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
A trial never experiences this. Community is something that has more "stick" than "pull". It doesn't really bring new players in, but rather it gives people a reason to stay even after they get bored of the gameplay, but gameplay is what pulls new players in.
Not really. I used to go to GK simply because people actually played it. I'd run around, talk to people, level a little bit, build a house for the sake of having one because all my friends had one too, etc. But once people including my friends stopped playing, I stopped too.

If GK had more players, I don't know if I speak for anyone else but I'd play it more often.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:05 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Quote:
Not really. I used to go to GK simply because people actually played it.
But you aren't a trial.

Quote:
But once people including my friends stopped playing, I stopped too.
This is pretty much confirming what I just said.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
But you aren't a trial.
I am on weekdays.

Quote:
This is pretty much confirming what I just said.
They're the main reason why I started too though. Not the gameplay.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:00 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Quote:
I am on weekdays.
Which you wouldn't be anymore if 2K2 was made classic.

Quote:
They're the main reason why I started too though. Not the gameplay.
Right, you somehow deduced that 2K2 had a great community before you even started playing it. What did you do, use your spidey senses?

But let's suppose that this is actually what happened and most other Graal players behave this way (which, of course, isn't true). The reason 2K2 can't attract new players is because it doesn't have enough of a community. If it was made classic, it still wouldn't have enough of a community (because without enough of a community, it wouldn't be able to attract enough players to create enough of a community to attract players). Of course, the fact that 2K2 would attract a lot of new players if it was made classic is alone enough to disprove this.

(You could, of course, say that it would increase its playercount enough just by being "new" to the classic list, except that every server that's new the classic list experiences an initial high playercount because people want to try it out, but only those servers that offer good enough gameplay are able to maintain a high playercount.)
Old 06-23-2007, 01:31 AM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Right, you somehow deduced that 2K2 had a great community before you even started playing it. What did you do, use your spidey senses?
I might have gone into G2k2 thinking it had a great community before playing it.
I had reason to believe this because when G2k1 was the big thing, a friend of mine was playing it for a while, said the community was better on "p2p" than classic, then I tried it and realized (or at least in my opinion) it was true. So I assumed the same to be for G2k2...

Edit: But your point remains. You can't get a lot of players like that... not everyone will think the community is "better"... especially if they're the ones who make the other communities "lower".
Old 06-23-2007, 02:25 AM
Quote:
So just by logging in im automatically branded as "PLAYING FOR GAMEPLAY LOLS"? Dude I only started really playing GK because my friend Phayze was.

Quote:
But let's suppose that this is actually what happened and most other Graal players behave this way (which, of course, isn't true). The reason 2K2 can't attract new players is because it doesn't have enough of a community. If it was made classic, it still wouldn't have enough of a community (because without enough of a community, it wouldn't be able to attract enough players to create enough of a community to attract players). Of course, the fact that 2K2 would attract a lot of new players if it was made classic is alone enough to disprove this.
Made classic => Players rush in as usual => People like the playercount number and some sort of community forms.

How is what I'm saying so wrong? People in general don't like servers that are almost dead in terms of the amount of players.

Quote:
(You could, of course, say that it would increase its playercount enough just by being "new" to the classic list, except that every server that's new the classic list experiences an initial high playercount because people want to try it out, but only those servers that offer good enough gameplay are able to maintain a high playercount.)
That's the thing, the gameplay on GK is OK but im still not going to stay because there's no one there. If theres a sudden surge in players im sure it would have a lot of players like it used to.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:48 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Quote:
Made classic => Players rush in as usual => People like the playercount number and some sort of community forms.
But if this were true it would be true for every server ever made classic.

Quote:
That's the thing, the gameplay on GK is OK but im still not going to stay because there's no one there. If theres a sudden surge in players im sure it would have a lot of players like it used to.
I already said that it would increase the playercount. It would increase the playercount a lot. But it wouldn't be a profitable move for Graal.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:19 AM
Ess
Mousymee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mousymee
What if they only made it classic for about a month and then back to the gold list? Some people might like it enough to upgrade to gold.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:42 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousymee View Post
What if they only made it classic for about a month and then back to the gold list? Some people might like it enough to upgrade to gold.
Yeah, that might work.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Lets hae a big all out ****in war against classic and GK on Tyhms olympica thing whatever it is. Whoever wins, wins zodiac.. er GK.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:42 PM
Quote:
But if this were true it would be true for every server ever made classic.
But GK also has ok gameplay. Most classic servers don't. My point is that you can have good gameplay but if you have a low playercount no one wants to play anymore. But mix GK's ok gameplay with a lot of players and it'll probably work out again.

Quote:
I already said that it would increase the playercount. It would increase the playercount a lot. But it wouldn't be a profitable move for Graal.
Like I said above, mix of GK's ok gameplay with a lot of players would probably bring the place back to life again, so the trials would UPGRADE so their stuff gets saved.

I'm not really good at debating or making every sentence perfect so go ez. :|
Old 06-23-2007, 08:54 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Quote:
But GK also has ok gameplay. Most classic servers don't. My point is that you can have good gameplay but if you have a low playercount no one wants to play anymore. But mix GK's ok gameplay with a lot of players and it'll probably work out again.
Work out to revive the server, yeah, just not work out to make more money.

Quote:
Like I said above, mix of GK's ok gameplay with a lot of players would probably bring the place back to life again, so the trials would UPGRADE so their stuff gets saved.
As I said, I've talked to trials and have never heard playercount complaints. Saying that trials make playercount a big factor in their decision to upgrade is pretty much pure speculation on your part. But even if this were true at one time, it wouldn't matter now because 2K2, even with a high playercount, wouldn't be bringing much to the classic table that Zodiac doesn't already bring (in fact, a problem is that it doesn't bring much to the gold table that Zodiac doesn't already bring to the classic one).
Old 06-23-2007, 09:19 PM
<3
Moonite is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Moonite Send a message via Yahoo to Moonite
What would be so great with Kingdoms was Classic?
th Only thing that would increase is the playercount

the system of Kingdoms is just imbalanced players would leave in maximal 1 year again

and why should people actually start on a server where other players abused a bug to reach the highest lvl on Phys magic etc..
the Economy sucks to u have to farm like 900 Diamond to get something n1
I mean wtf...

@ googi.. there alot of FREE mmorpgs but if u want something u gain more Exp or get a item u have to pay cash.. i think that would be the only opion.. btw why do u care about the profit of graal?
Old 06-24-2007, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Work out to revive the server, yeah, just not work out to make more money.
Refer to below >:[

Quote:
As I said, I've talked to trials and have never heard playercount complaints. Saying that trials make playercount a big factor in their decision to upgrade is pretty much pure speculation on your part. But even if this were true at one time, it wouldn't matter now because 2K2, even with a high playercount, wouldn't be bringing much to the classic table that Zodiac doesn't already bring (in fact, a problem is that it doesn't bring much to the gold table that Zodiac doesn't already bring to the classic one).
So you're saying more people will upgrade for GK now than they would if GK was to be classic?