Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Stealth... and those other unused things...

Can we make it do something?

I got thoughts but ultimately i, and most would agree, just want it to do SOMETHING.

My idea of stealth thus far is:

It becomes a skill that when activated removes kingdom bmode icon from self and also gives the player transparency which differs depending on ones level of agility (related to the unused skill:hiding). I was thinking a level 1 agility user would be about 5p more transparent and a 107 agility would become 95p more transparent, almost invisible. And this state of invisibility lasts forever until the player chooses to get out of it or attacks. To avoid abuse though i think it would need some sort of cooldown or more complex cooldown whereby the more it is used in a short period of time, the less the level of transparency. Almost like it rely's on charges that build up over time. So even a level 107 would drop from 95p to 80p to 65p to 50p all the way down to 5p more transparency. In total that's 7 charges. Probably only the first two charges of 95p and 80p would be effective uses, granting a possible two first hits or an escape technique.

It's probably too much to ask with the charges, i have no idea how complicated that would be to set up. That's just my 2 pence, and i'm not staff so it's not my say at all.

Just want something done about stealth.
And while we're at it we should make use of other skills. Like hiding... Erm simply turn people invisible as long as they stay perfectly still. Should remove all agro and kingdom icons from the player but agro should be effected by agility level. Like a level 1 agility user shouldn't be able to hide from a demon.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon
To avoid abuse though i think it would need some sort of cooldown or more complex cooldown
No it doesn't.

If invisibility were registered as an official skill linked to agility, you would break invisibility every time you use another skill. Plus, as you said, 95 percent transparency does not mean total invisibility.

I totally agree on both points, though. Stealth and Hiding would be really nice skills to have. However, items with stealth on them would probably need to grant attunements to stealth instead of granting the skill, as they currently do.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Stealth makes monsters not attack you unless you're really close.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:29 PM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
However, items with stealth on them would probably need to grant attunements to stealth instead of granting the skill, as they currently do.
Why? I like the idea of items granting stats, it forces people wanting to acquire/use the skill to change around their gear set. Instead of the casual DUAL ROWS, FHOM, ETC. Course just stealth wouldn't change much, it'd have to be a much bigger category.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
I thought stealth helps you in stealing anyway.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Same
Old 12-16-2009, 03:50 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
Why? I like the idea of items granting stats, it forces people wanting to acquire/use the skill to change around their gear set. Instead of the casual DUAL ROWS, FHOM, ETC. Course just stealth wouldn't change much, it'd have to be a much bigger category.
Well, to have it as an actual skill means it would have to be tied to the experience categories, since that's how all skills work.

In all honesty, since making stealth directly linked to a skill would probably be more trouble than it's worth, it ought to be kept as an item effect and simply improved. Instead of making it depend on your agility level like skills do, simply fix the number at something low, like 25 to 35 percent. Five percent is a little too close to total invisibility anyway.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
No it doesn't.

If invisibility were registered as an official skill linked to agility, you would break invisibility every time you use another skill. Plus, as you said, 95 percent transparency does not mean total invisibility.

I totally agree on both points, though. Stealth and Hiding would be really nice skills to have. However, items with stealth on them would probably need to grant attunements to stealth instead of granting the skill, as they currently do.
Ah yes. I probably shouldn't have called it a skill tbh, i meant it would only be linked to agility level but not actually a skill attached to agility

Quote:
Well, to have it as an actual skill means it would have to be tied to the experience categories, since that's how all skills work.

In all honesty, since making stealth directly linked to a skill would probably be more trouble than it's worth, it ought to be kept as an item effect and simply improved. Instead of making it depend on your agility level like skills do, simply fix the number at something low, like 25 to 35 percent. Five percent is a little too close to total invisibility anyway.
uhm with the numbers try to think oppositely, i thought there was something wrong with the way i put it. Let 95 percent mean what you think 5 percent is and so on... Unless you've already figured that out and are correcting future comments.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Chris500 is on a distinguished road
I think stealth should be used two ways:

1. 'Softens' your footsteps when you're walking (the sounds they make), so players wouldn't be able to hear you moving about as easily if they had sounds on.
2. Make monsters have a lower chance of noticing you, either moving around or stealing.

Maybe have it so items have a stealth rating, RoT's having a stealth+5/10 rating, so dual RoT's would be more efficient in this than one.

--

Hiding should just flat out be a skill where if you don't move or switch skills, you can be invisible.. maybe make it so if a player or monster is in close proximity of you, you'd turn slightly transparent instead of fully invisible to everyone else. Perhaps make the time available for hiding scale with agility level. (i.e. A person with 1 agility could only hide for a few seconds, a person with 107 agility could hide for many minutes)
Old 12-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
I don't think players focus on the sounds of a players footsteps to notice someone. Generally seeing the player is enough

Stealth rating sounds pretty neat, instead of just getting the full stealth benefits from having one stealth item on, you'd only get partial benefits which grow as you add more and more stealth items.

Hiding should be permanent for all levels of players, it'd be better for level to dictate the proximity in which you're completely invisible and the degree of lessened transparency you undergo as a monster/player nears you. Of course that transparency change should be unique to that player/mob
Old 01-16-2010, 06:37 PM
(⌒▽⌒)
joel34 is on a distinguished road

It will just end up every1 becoming permanent invisible
Old 01-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel34 View Post
It will just end up every1 becoming permanent invisible
Read posts. And that wouldn't be a problem since no one could create an invisibility where someone stays invisible whilst attacking.