Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum > Unholy Nation Bugs and improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Coldest Ice
The_Ice_Cold is on a distinguished road
What do you want to see happen to UN?

What do you want to see on UN?
Old 09-19-2009, 10:35 PM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
take it down
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 09-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Blank
Kirble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kirble
Anything would be nice.
I left Graal for around a year and a half and still, nothing has changed on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
It's a circle and we're just at a bad angle.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:51 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
nothing idc

improvement is the obvious answer
Old 09-20-2009, 03:00 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
revert back to old castle wars, add new perks such as a set of guild hats available while a guild is running the castle, slaves to mine rocks for you, etc. would have to brainstorm ideas then see what's hot and not

delete the client filter

Last edited by Crono; 09-21-2009 at 02:53 AM..
Old 09-21-2009, 02:39 AM
Dragonosteel has a little shameless behaviour in the past
- Fix CW. It's doors have been glitched for years, I don't know why no one can ever be bothered to fix it. CW is pretty old so how complex could its doors be? lol

- Add Slap to Protection. Awhile ago I was talking with a developer on UN and he said he was beginning to put Pillow in protection. 10-20 minutes later, he put Pillow on there after a few tests and trials. Doesn't seem that hard, especially since it'd make UN a LOT nicer. Trying to have a conversation on player? Better hope no one with Slap comes around or they'll spam it so you can't talk.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:43 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Get rid of the swearfilter NPC.

Also, the stupid text commands.

Some have "/"'s

Some don't. Fix that.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:19 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Some nice quests or anything really.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 09-21-2009, 04:03 AM
Coldest Ice
Quote:
Get rid of the swearfilter NPC.

Also, the stupid text commands.

Some have "/"'s

Some don't. Fix that.
Yeah a lot of the commands are quite a hassle. They should make it consistent.

I'm not so sure how great the Pet System will be, if its even going to be used at all. I think there's a lot of other things staff should be focused on like fixing the small bugs like CW like Dragonsteel said. A lot of these little tile errors and all that.

Also, guild competition like prizes or a highscore list for Castle Wars, Guild Wars, etc.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Blank
Kirble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kirble
As Ice stated, this is what should be done.
I'm also led to believe that Streety is being too control hungry. Either that or it's a weird management style as I met the first GAT on UN last night who didn't have RC...how on earth can he do his job properly?

I'd like to see more player input on the server and more competitive stuff rather than working on complete crap, as usual, such as the pet system. It serves no purpose, people will get bored of it. You have to develop on things that people already enjoy and spend time on.

I mentioned to Codein about some images I made a while ago for yet another idea I had that nobody bothered to help with. Spar rank badges. Just a little implementation for a spar system where you have a seperate GUI window which would display spar information on a certain player.
The badge level you are currently at would be displayed in this window and it's quite possible that by doing this, it would allow for fairer fights to be matched in 1 on 1 events and such.

Also, I believe that the implementation of badges could come with awards such as an EP award or a gralat award which would increase in succession when you achieve higher badge ranks. This could be based on rate/spar wins/spar losses/times sparred.

Therefore, this could then be branched off to have achievements for other things around the playerworld such as targets for player kills and targets for how much EP you have won.

If you take a look at a game on "facebook" called "mafia wars" this is a similar system in which it gives you goals to achieve such as "Bank $1,000,000,000 at one time after bank fees and earn this reward."

I think it could spark up some more enthusiasm in the game if there was a wide selection of achievements along with if the older stuff was worked on.

Quote:
It's a circle and we're just at a bad angle.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:13 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirble View Post
I mentioned to Codein about some images I made a while ago for yet another idea I had that nobody bothered to help with. Spar rank badges. Just a little implementation for a spar system where you have a seperate GUI window which would display spar information on a certain player.
The badge level you are currently at would be displayed in this window and it's quite possible that by doing this, it would allow for fairer fights to be matched in 1 on 1 events and such.

Also, I believe that the implementation of badges could come with awards such as an EP award or a gralat award which would increase in succession when you achieve higher badge ranks. This could be based on rate/spar wins/spar losses/times sparred.

Therefore, this could then be branched off to have achievements for other things around the playerworld such as targets for player kills and targets for how much EP you have won.

If you take a look at a game on "facebook" called "mafia wars" this is a similar system in which it gives you goals to achieve such as "Bank $1,000,000,000 at one time after bank fees and earn this reward."

I think it could spark up some more enthusiasm in the game if there was a wide selection of achievements along with if the older stuff was worked on.
This.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:36 AM
Coldest Ice
Quote:

Bingo! Great idea Kirble. I honestly think this would be a lot better than the pet system. It keeps players interested and competing its brilliant.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:53 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Quote:
I'm also led to believe that Streety is being too control hungry. Either that or it's a weird management style as I met the first GAT on UN last night who didn't have RC...how on earth can he do his job properly?
There's a reason he doesn't have RC, but that has nothing to do with you; so I won't even bother brushing it.

I'm not belittling any of the suggestions, or even giving a negative or positive opinion on them right now. However, you guys need to keep in mind we can't fathom to know every single glitch on the server at every given moment of the day.

If you notice, we now have the in game forums where a lot of glitches are reported. Once reported in there, they're most likely to get fixed appropriately. Some things tend to slip our mind every now and then, or just go by without us even seeing or hearing them. We're only human, and have very limited support right now. (Especially with scripting)

I'm sure there are a good few of you who couldn't care less about the pet system, but I've personally pushed it too far to just stop it on "oh, a couple people on the forums don't want it.. hmm.. looks like I should just waste all this time and work on this sparring idea instead", especially after the issues with Jamie (the previous scripter).

Just give it time, and we'll be able to get around to every corner of the field.

On a side note, I have a fun idea for a quest I'd like to implement. I've already talked with Codein about it for once we finish the Pet System.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:59 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
As Ice stated, this is what should be done.

I'd like to see more player input on the server and more competitive stuff rather than working on complete crap, as usual, such as the pet system. It serves no purpose, people will get bored of it. You have to develop on things that people already enjoy and spend time on.

Anything spar related shouldn't really be ranked. It's way too easy to just get free wins and lame wins off people. Therefore, it isn't really good at representing how 'skilled' someone is.

Now, what I think would be beneficial to UN is getting rid of staff abuse. *cough* shadow *cough*
Abusing his warp rights to come kill me?!?!? I don't think this is allowed.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:02 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Quote:
Now, what I think would be beneficial to UN is getting rid of staff abuse. *cough* shadow *cough*
Abusing his warp rights to come kill me?!?!? I don't think this is allowed.
We're definitely trying, Squirto. You guys don't see how much we've cut back on staff rights. There was a lot worse abuse going on other than warping (not that it vindicates it).