Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum > Era Bugs and improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 07:40 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Suggestions thread (Formerly: We're listening...)

We've got some plans for this "new Era", but we also know that a lot of players also have some very good ideas. So, what do you really want to see? A smaller GMAP? More or less guns? Let's try to figure out what changes should be made so that we can start making them.

December 5th - Edit by TSAdmin:
Okay, after some heavy moderation, I have literally halved this thread's page count and got it back into a respectably clean suggestions-only looking thread. It is to be kept this way. The minute this thread veers off-topic or breaks forum rules further, it's locked.

Last edited by TSAdmin; 12-05-2010 at 05:06 AM.. Reason: Read the edit note.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:42 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
i want to see less staff blocks & better jobs
Old 10-17-2009, 08:06 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Improved tileset based on the current one.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:42 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I agree, an updated tileset would be great for Era
Old 10-17-2009, 09:05 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Mountains and such.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Been trying to get that for quite a while now, but it's close to impossible to find an artist willing to take on the task (without lowering standards).
Old 10-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Dragonosteel has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I liked the one guy's (Crono's?) idea where people could team up and go kill bosses for pay. Make guns drop from the NPCs. That could get the participants some of the better guns that are worth 10m.. lol
Old 10-17-2009, 09:24 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Been trying to get that for quite a while now, but it's close to impossible to find an artist willing to take on the task (without lowering standards).
This is true. We've been asking around, however, no one is up to it.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:53 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Guns where you can pick up, but when you get killed you drop them. They are very low quality guns found in Gang bases.

edit:

Spar weapons. You choose what weapon you want to spar with.
Low to high quality guns.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:36 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Speed boats would be a fun addition or at least some new forms of transport.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:01 AM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Enjoy.

First I wanna thank the group Survivor for giving me the good music, while I write this.

These suggestions is just me giving Era Staff some work.

Unstick me / OSL
Well, here's my suggestions for Unstick me ;
1. I have always wanted Unstick me to be a nice place to stay, not a place with roads... It would been nice if it were more benches, chairs, tables and more grass there. Bringing the place more to life.

2. I bet some of you know there's a little sewer level near the ATM in Unstick me. Wouldn't it be nice to maybe make more rooms there, with a little hospital and a gun shop, that sells guns that aren't in shops anymore ( Yes. ).
In my opinion it's just odd that f.eks a Glock 18 aint in a shop, it aint like that. There are many Glock 18's spread around in Real Life ( I know it's a game... ) It's just my opinion though.

Mall
Yeah, suggestion about the Mall ;
1. The mall is a great place to show off your items to people passing by, which can give you a good chance to sell it if the player really wants it.

I send in a Ticket about the price that it need to be changed, I got a reply back from Cbk1994 saying he had changed them to 50 $ for a Stall in 5 minutes and 25 $ for 15 more minutes. Which made me pretty happy, because then I was pretty sure more people would use the mall than "Massing" all day.

Well, I said to people that it was lowered. Many didnt belive me, but some did hopefully. So they started using the mall, but after One' week or more they stopped using it. I dont know why, but it had to be something.

I ran around in Mall when people were there, until I found out that like 80 % were Trials selling flowers, rocks, cigarette packs and other items which is worth little... Also the "Rich" people had so much items, that they could only put on Five items, so they would rather Mass...

I really like the Mall, and would love that every "Masser" would use them, seeing many people in one building thinking Two things, Having a good time & Earning some cash.

This wasen't even a suggestion im sure... But atleast now you guys know what my opinion is about the Mall.

Cars and other transport things.
1. Cars should really be used more, im sure Era would become VERY awsome with everyone actually "Using" their cars, instead of just having them.

One week ago, I walked down the street to my locker in South Rigde. Then I saw Two noob looking people with a car, then one of them buyed it. Then the other guy said : cool! ( He had the white head, and two shotguns. A fresh noob. ) :P
Then I walked to the person that had buyed the car and said : Press F to open the doors. :-)

He opened the doors, then the friend walked near the car and pressed A. Then when he got in the car he said : lets drive to free zone

Then they drived up the brigde, fast.
After I saw that, I felt good. And it looked so awsome having a car, then I wanted to get my white car back. :P

2. Motorbikes and Scooters would been cool. Let us say, like in the GTA games you can drive and shoot if you have an Uzi. ( Giving a hard suggestion here. )

Anyways, if they were made you could drive around. And then you could shoot with uzi to Left or Right, that would been freaking cool!

Also the Scooters and Motorbikes had diffrent attributes.

The Motorbikes are fast, but bad acceleration and bad handling.
While the Scooters are slow, but got an decent acceleration and great handling.

Era Suggestions
I've seen pictures on the Graalonline site, then I see after 2 days they got a new weapon. And after 1 Week they get more buildings and Land Mass, which is pretty nice.

1.MANY houses on Era is empty, and give NO sense. The Gas Stations f.eks just there, no "Link" to a new level. Exept the one in South Rigde ( It got the level finished, but nothing in it... ) Also the Arcade shop at Beach is nothing, and the house east of Gun Point.

Era's houses should give sense, and have a level. If not then it shouldn't be there.

2. Im pretty sure this will not be tolerated, but im still going to say it.
There's a Chinese Stylish house South West of Unstuck me, it would been a great place to talk about new things, Like politic. ( About 50 $ to the enter each time. )

Time : It starts at about 8 PM on Fridays.

Requires : Atleast 2 Staff Member, preferably Squirt or Crish Vimes.

The spot is good because, it's near Unstuck me. And it is there for NO reason, well it is a PK area though.

It would give also Noobs a chance to give suggestions, and say what they mean.

Okay, that was mostly it. *Phew*

Credits

Writer : Rjax Shizibz ( Me )

Music : Survivor. :P

Special thanks to : Graal Forums, My Gelats,
Fox Shatz and of course Era!
Old 10-18-2009, 12:57 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
i want to see less staff blocks
We have a plan to limit staff blocks being used. For example when there's a glitch with a NPC shop, normally what we'd do is just block it off. But basically if there's a problem we would just go inside and say ":lock building" or ":unlock building". This should help anyway
Old 10-18-2009, 05:00 AM
Dr. Almost Evil
swift is an unknown quantity at this point
Era has been screwed over every time because of a bad economy.

If you put E-V-E-R-Y single weapon in an NPC shop that stocks x300 then there is a SET price.

Meaning if you buy a gun you can't try to sell it for an insane price because its rare. It will have a set price meaning players can buy it from the shop or try to lurk the streets for someone selling it for a lower price.

Doing this will keep every item at a controlled price, thus solving the economy problem
Old 10-18-2009, 05:04 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Abandon player businesses (restaurants stockable by players, gun shops/the like restock themselves based on weapon quality), improve melee weapons (they just suck now, I don't know how to describe it), and most importantly, this

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Guns where you can pick up, but when you get killed you drop them. They are very low quality guns found in Gang bases.

edit:

Spar weapons. You choose what weapon you want to spar with.
Low to high quality guns.

These are pretty cool. I hardly play Era, but those both sound pretty cool from the exposure I've had.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:15 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by swift View Post
If you put E-V-E-R-Y single weapon in an NPC shop that stocks x300 then there is a SET price.
We have plans to do something similar to this; basically, we will have a "pawn shop" where you can sell back most or all weapons/items. This establishes a minimum price for the item. By selling the guns in the shop, we've set a maximum price as well.