Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
100 points is extremely easy to obtain.... I'm not even that good and I can manage to get 100 points in a single long raid. (Mind you gang points arn't kills-deaths, just kills) It's just to prevent inactivity and keep new gangs rotating in. And it's two weeks in a row... you can take a break and still come back the following week and save it.
What if you want to be in a gang that just looks cool, or a scammer gang?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:36 PM
DirtySk8erballs is on a distinguished road
Will every gang get a base? Will every gang get a gun? Will the current gangs be removed if the system is made?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Master Blaster
deathbarrier99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to deathbarrier99 Send a message via Yahoo to deathbarrier99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySk8erballs View Post
Will every gang get a base? Will every gang get a gun? Will the current gangs be removed if the system is made?
I'm guessing if it's a "make-your-own-gang" system it'll be similar to the party system implemented before where the money you pay goes towards a gang base. I don't think gang guns would be made because it's been months where GBA's have been "working" to fix the gang gun that have already been created, so having to create MORE gang guns would just slow down the entire process. Also, with gangs such as MF and possibly LC being deleted, I don't think staff have a problem removing the other two. I think if the system were to be completely revamped it would wipe out the current system and in turn remove the gangs.

Everything that has been said in this thread has some correlation to the party system already created by Jenn. I think if that system was recreated it would be as successful as the first time.

I shall not rest until every idiot has been vanquished!

Eros Cassini (Mon May 08 13:16:32 2006):
You're the fat Cassini
Old 02-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbarrier99 View Post
I'm guessing if it's a "make-your-own-gang" system it'll be similar to the party system implemented before where the money you pay goes towards a gang base. I don't think gang guns would be made because it's been months where GBA's have been "working" to fix the gang gun that have already been created, so having to create MORE gang guns would just slow down the entire process. Also, with gangs such as MF and possibly LC being deleted, I don't think staff have a problem removing the other two. I think if the system were to be completely revamped it would wipe out the current system and in turn remove the gangs.

Everything that has been said in this thread has some correlation to the party system already created by Jenn. I think if that system was recreated it would be as successful as the first time.
It is really a simple task to create a gang base + gun... as much as an hour of time if you know what you're doing.

The current GBA is the worst I've ever seen. Not only can he not develop at all... but he is extremely lazy and won't even step up to do the things he is able to do.

If someone with knowledge and commitment was put into the position, then it could be done with gang bases and guns... with the current occupant of the title however... I would advise not adding those things.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
I hope no, no, yes.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:30 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
The plan is to let gangs expand by earning points. Points are just a measure of activity, and you cannot lose points, so the more active you are, the more you can unlock for your gang.

Each gang will have a weekly point quota. This quota will start out very small (100 points or so). If a gang fails to meet its quota, it will earn a strike; three strikes and the gang is deleted. You can remove a strike by going two weeks without getting any strikes. The more you unlock for your gang, the more the weekly quota goes up. Some unlocks will also require a certain amount of total points earned before allowing you to unlock them. For example,
  • Add 5 member slots - Adds 50 points to your quota.
  • Gang Outfit Unlock - Requires 5000 total points and increases your weekly quota by 100 points.
  • Gang Gun - Requires 25,000 total points and increases your weekly quota by 250 points.
  • etc. I haven't made any unlocks yet, I've just planned out how I will implement them. Hopefully I will have a few to choose from when the system is released, and then gradually release more later on as updates.
These numbers aren't final or anything, I'm just using them as an example.

So, to answer your question. Gang bases, gang guns, and whatever you can think of could potentially be made into gang unlocks. Your gang can be as small as a party or bigger than gangs now--you just have to work for it. And yes, current gangs will be removed (but that doesn't mean you can't remake them).
Old 02-03-2011, 02:02 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
The plan is to let gangs expand by earning points. Points are just a measure of activity, and you cannot lose points, so the more active you are, the more you can unlock for your gang.

Each gang will have a weekly point quota. This quota will start out very small (100 points or so). If a gang fails to meet its quota, it will earn a strike; three strikes and the gang is deleted. You can remove a strike by going two weeks without getting any strikes. The more you unlock for your gang, the more the weekly quota goes up. Some unlocks will also require a certain amount of total points earned before allowing you to unlock them. For example,
  • Add 5 member slots - Adds 50 points to your quota.
  • Gang Outfit Unlock - Requires 5000 total points and increases your weekly quota by 100 points.
  • Gang Gun - Requires 25,000 total points and increases your weekly quota by 250 points.
  • etc. I haven't made any unlocks yet, I've just planned out how I will implement them. Hopefully I will have a few to choose from when the system is released, and then gradually release more later on as updates.
These numbers aren't final or anything, I'm just using them as an example.

So, to answer your question. Gang bases, gang guns, and whatever you can think of could potentially be made into gang unlocks. Your gang can be as small as a party or bigger than gangs now--you just have to work for it. And yes, current gangs will be removed (but that doesn't mean you can't remake them).
Sounds like a good plan.
I think once it's in place you might need to work on creating some more incentive for people to raid and defend, especially for gangs that already have their outfit and gun and are happy just being a small 5-10 man raiding team that meets their quota on the first day of each week but doesn't want to buy a base.

Another scenario I can see is that with a limited number of gang bases, what happens if Gang A starts out strong and is one of the first to buy a gang base. Then later on Gang Z forms, and by now all the gang bases are taken. Gang A doesn't have an outfit, gun or many members, and manages to meet its quota each week. Gang Z has all of the unlocks and easily meets its quota every week with a huge surplus but doesn't have a base. Would there be any way for Gang Z to somehow kick Gang A out of the base and take it over, given that they are a superior gang and there is no way for them to actually prevent Gang A from gaining points?

Another scenario, if Gang A has 17 members and needs 4,000 points for its quota each week but is stuggling to get them, can Gang A remove members and drop member slots to drop its quota to something more achievable?

If a gang gets deleted what happens to that gang gun? Are they purchased or from a rack? Can more than 1 rack be unlocked to expand the number of available gang guns?

Some of the problems are easily solved with a few caveats:
1. You need a gang base to have over 20 members.
2. You need a gang base to unlock gang gun (makes sense if you're using racks).
3. If another gang has captured your gang base your gang stops earning points until you reclaim it.
4. If your gang captures the base of another gang their points earned are awarded to your gang instead (maybe at 20% normal rate) as long as you hold it.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:53 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Sounds like a good plan.
I think once it's in place you might need to work on creating some more incentive for people to raid and defend, especially for gangs that already have their outfit and gun and are happy just being a small 5-10 man raiding team that meets their quota on the first day of each week but doesn't want to buy a base.
Initially there will be a few controllable bases that offer perks to the gangs that control them. For example, an ammunition factory where the controlling gang gets unlimited ammo. I probably won't include personalized bases in the initial release.

Quote:
Another scenario I can see is that with a limited number of gang bases, what happens if Gang A starts out strong and is one of the first to buy a gang base. Then later on Gang Z forms, and by now all the gang bases are taken. Gang A doesn't have an outfit, gun or many members, and manages to meet its quota each week. Gang Z has all of the unlocks and easily meets its quota every week with a huge surplus but doesn't have a base. Would there be any way for Gang Z to somehow kick Gang A out of the base and take it over, given that they are a superior gang and there is no way for them to actually prevent Gang A from gaining points?
I honestly haven't given personalized gang bases much thought. I can't really see any other way than first-come-first-serve working out, though. As I said, we will just have controllable bases at first. Gang bases of this sort could be released later on as an upgrade, but it just seems like too big of a project to worry about right now. I want to get something easy and fun released as soon as possible.

Quote:
Another scenario, if Gang A has 17 members and needs 4,000 points for its quota each week but is stuggling to get them, can Gang A remove members and drop member slots to drop its quota to something more achievable?
Yes. I think certain unlocks will be permanent, but some (such as member slots) could easily be dropped. However, your point quota won't go down until the following week so you can't just remove unlocks to save yourself from missing the quota.

Quote:
If a gang gets deleted what happens to that gang gun? Are they purchased or from a rack? Can more than 1 rack be unlocked to expand the number of available gang guns?
Gang guns will use a gun rack system. I think it would be neat to allow gangs to choose from a few skins (maybe even submit their own graphics/ganis) and then have x 'stat points' that that can be applied to damage, rate-of-fire, etc.

Quote:
Some of the problems are easily solved with a few caveats:
1. You need a gang base to have over 20 members.
2. You need a gang base to unlock gang gun (makes sense if you're using racks).
3. If another gang has captured your gang base your gang stops earning points until you reclaim it.
4. If your gang captures the base of another gang their points earned are awarded to your gang instead (maybe at 20% normal rate) as long as you hold it.
All great ideas.

If you guys have any ideas for unlocks, please share. Some that I have in mind:
  • Member slots
  • Custom tag formatting (such as "Leader, Bob of" or "Bob, Leader of" or "Bob (Gang)")
  • Outfit system
  • HP boost to top 5 members at end of week
  • Gang Guns
  • Blacklist
I could make simple things like being able to have ranks at all be unlocks, but meh, I'm not really fond of that idea.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:52 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Make gangs wither away and die after a month of no one in the gang tagging up.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Salesman please take a serious look at my thread that talked about automatic gang events and such. I talk about parties a bit too, but the ideas will work for either gangs or parties..

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...66&postcount=1 The idea was pretty popular, just need someone to take it the next step...

With tons of gangs, gang missions/events would be a great way to kick it off.

GREAT idea, especially since too many gangless players disturb gang raids and there arnt many gang events at all since only alf seems to have the rights to host them (why is that????)