Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 08:54 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
you left me out of that list

If you say the word MVP my name is synonymous with that
Old 02-01-2011, 12:33 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Putting a price on gangs is a bad idea, in my opinion. What makes Era fun for a lot of new players is that they can form parties and raid Era Mafia against other noob parties.

Unless you're planning on keeping the party system, everyone should be able to create gangs. The noobs creating their own gangs won't be subtracting quality members from the good gangs, anyway.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
I'm gonna make a skateboard gang called the Gringos of Grind
Old 02-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Putting a price on gangs is a bad idea, in my opinion. What makes Era fun for a lot of new players is that they can form parties and raid Era Mafia against other noob parties.

Unless you're planning on keeping the party system, everyone should be able to create gangs. The noobs creating their own gangs won't be subtracting quality members from the good gangs, anyway.
I'm inclined to agree with Chris on every point here. A focus should be moving party and gang bases less "far and wide" and more like EM: Closer to the central locations of Unstick and hospital. I don't attribute their survival to such factors, but there is heavy weight in BB and BH's locations being the reason they have lasted the longest (regardless of "on and off" activity), keeping them "raidable" constantly and giving that feeling like the PKing could go on and on, while other gangs created tend to be off in obscure locations like the beach (Morano Family), for example. Nobody wants to travel that far knowing that once they get there, those who survived a wave of attack will have healed and positioned themselves with time to spare.

TL;DR: Bringing the bases closer to centralised locations = more competition to have those bases, with EM being the perfect example of parties fighting over that one base, or BB and BH raiding each other due to being near Unstick and the Hospital.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·

Last edited by TSAdmin; 02-01-2011 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: Spellcheck
Old 02-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
nychris was a noob when i quit in 2007, i mustve missed something
Old 02-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
OP, your ideas.
My Ideas:
  • Player has to be classic/gold (cuts a few off the top).
  • $5,000 creation fee.
  • If a gang produces under 100 points two weeks in a row (inactivity?) it would be removed.
  • 10 member limit + 1k/extra slot (max 25 slots)... thats 20k total for a full gang list (+5k creation), not too much but you still need the funds.
  • Leader needs 4 co-signers to accept for the gang to be created. (no 1 man gangs unless those 4 end up leaving or whatever.... will make it a bit harder to get access to a gang by yourself).
  • Players can't leave a gang for 7 days after joining. (No gang hopping, or prevent a certain group from mass creating gangs if joined with the above idea).

Ya that's all I can think of right now.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
  • $5,000 creation fee.
  • If a gang produces under 100 points two weeks in a row (inactivity?) it would be removed.
  • 10 member limit + 1k/extra slot (max 25 slots)... thats 20k total for a full gang list (+5k creation), not too much but you still need the funds.
  • Leader needs 4 co-signers to accept for the gang to be created. (no 1 man gangs unless those 4 end up leaving or whatever.... will make it a bit harder to get access to a gang by yourself).
  • Players can't leave a gang for 7 days after joining. (No gang hopping, or prevent a certain group from mass creating gangs if joined with the above idea).
Green = Yes
Brown = Yes/No
Red = Elton John (umad swear filter?) / No
Old 02-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Master Blaster
deathbarrier99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to deathbarrier99 Send a message via Yahoo to deathbarrier99
I think not allowing players to leave a gang for 7 days is a bad idea. Allowing players to leave a gang creates a natural ebb and flow in the gang system that keeps things fresh. In some cases, 1 player is able to make a huge difference in gang battles.

I shall not rest until every idiot has been vanquished!

Eros Cassini (Mon May 08 13:16:32 2006):
You're the fat Cassini
Old 02-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Lucsian is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
My Ideas:
  • $5,000 creation fee.

Ya that's all I can think of right now.

i like everything in it, especially the last point, but shouldnt the price of the gang go up? If it's that low, I don't think there would be very many quality gangs created. It should cost them more so they know that if they fail, then everything they invested into it will be lost. Not just 5k they can **** out whenever they want to.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Just modify parties.
Remove the word Party from them.
Then make it so parties have levels, and each level you gain allows you to add another member to your party. Parties get exp for killing other players, holding capture bases and for winning events.
When a party gets to level 10 (15 members) they can buy a base for X amount of money.
Over time gangs will emerge on their own and buy up the bases.

Then you just need some way for gangs to lose control of their bases if a better party comes along and wants it (captured for 24 hours straight?).
Old 02-01-2011, 09:21 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
I love it

Ahh- turning it like iphone? I think it's a good idea. You have to work on pc version- iphone is all fun really

work for me @ salesss xoxoxox
Old 02-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Salesman please take a serious look at my thread that talked about automatic gang events and such. I talk about parties a bit too, but the ideas will work for either gangs or parties..

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...66&postcount=1 The idea was pretty popular, just need someone to take it the next step...

With tons of gangs, gang missions/events would be a great way to kick it off.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnegel View Post
Green = Yes
Brown = Yes/No
Red = Elton John (umad swear filter?) / No
100 points is extremely easy to obtain.... I'm not even that good and I can manage to get 100 points in a single long raid. (Mind you gang points arn't kills-deaths, just kills) It's just to prevent inactivity and keep new gangs rotating in. And it's two weeks in a row... you can take a break and still come back the following week and save it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbarrier99 View Post
I think not allowing players to leave a gang for 7 days is a bad idea. Allowing players to leave a gang creates a natural ebb and flow in the gang system that keeps things fresh. In some cases, 1 player is able to make a huge difference in gang battles.
If that was the case a group of 10 people can then create 10 gangs at once, whereas if they had to stay for 7 days they could only create 2 per week. Basically it's to prevent too many gangs (which was one of sale's points) and to prevent 1 man gangs (another one of his points). Also prevents gang hopping, which when not 'that bad' can result in such things as a player leaving to feed their own gang then rejoining to claim the prize on the week.

7 days isn't a long time... you have to make some sort of commitment, and it prevents most of the things sale's mentioned so I think it was one of my better ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucsian View Post
i like everything in it, especially the last point, but shouldnt the price of the gang go up? If it's that low, I don't think there would be very many quality gangs created. It should cost them more so they know that if they fail, then everything they invested into it will be lost. Not just 5k they can **** out whenever they want to.
It keeps the availability of leading a gang to a wider range of players. You won't have too many random noobs because they still need 4 other people to co-sign with them. And with the member slots it would add up to 20k for a maximum gang... not to mention all the other options that can be added (buying gangguns, bases, bonuses, whatever else sales has in mind).
Old 02-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
I make party violla saved 50k
Old 02-02-2011, 01:32 AM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
will soul owns life