Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
In other words, she doesn't like it, but knows it will get better, and is willing to enforce it.
No.
In other words, these are NOT my forums, and I am perfectly willing to abide by the rules set forth by the owners. If I did NOT wish to abide by these rules, I would simply NOT post or moderate.
Do not put words in my mouth that I did not say.
I am perfectly capable of saying what I mean, and I did so....
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-29-2006, 05:32 AM
A Logic Bot
Judge_S is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Judge_S Send a message via AIM to Judge_S Send a message via MSN to Judge_S
So, you're effectively cutting a large portion of the Graal forum community out, and telling it to go elsewhere. I, for one, only typically come back here to look at the NGRT, and the Graal2001 forums from time to time.

Suffice to say, without the NGRT here, this is going to become a very, very, very quiet place.

Quote:
"Most users ever online was 283, 11-04-2001 at 01:35 AM."
Oh, those were the days...

*EDIT due to 8-hour limit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
If you had read up on this issue, the NGRT is still going to be here, with more relaxed rules. Read the threads/posts.
I have read up on it, so don't chide me please. The NGRT is going to be relocated at an unspecified later date, and until then, we're to be under the jurisdiction of these new rules which effectively stunt any sort of in-depth discussion in the NGRT. As well, we don't know if, or when, the new, separate NGRT is going to be opened -- and I'm sorry, but knowing Graal's current track record, it's going to be a while before it materializes.

That aside, you still didn't say anything to dissuade the notion of an effectively dead (or very lacking) Graal main forums without the NGRT.

Last edited by Judge_S; 03-29-2006 at 05:48 AM..
Old 03-29-2006, 05:36 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_S
So, you're effectively cutting a large portion of the Graal forum community out, and telling it to go elsewhere. I, for one, only typically come back here to look at the NGRT, and the Graal2001 forums from time to time.

Suffice to say, without the NGRT here, this is going to become a very, very, very quiet place.

Oh, those were the days...
If you had read up on this issue, the NGRT is still going to be here, with more relaxed rules. Read the threads/posts.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-29-2006, 06:30 AM
Super Villain
ViCtOrEhEhEh is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ViCtOrEhEhEh
These rules STINK!

*Contacts*
E-Mail: [email protected]
AIM: Albo Playah
Old 03-29-2006, 10:12 AM
I never asked for this.
Raeiphon is on a distinguished road
Mouseover linking is fine then?

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:29 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
So wait, you say we have to sign up for these new NGRT forums? So why exactly would we do that when we could all just go to some user made forums with even fewer rules and actually talk about anything and everything there?

This is basically telling NGRT people to go somewhere else, but also providing them with a moderated place to do it.... Kind of seems like parents pushing their kid out when they turn 18 but helping to pay for their crappy apartment.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:45 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeiphon
Mouseover linking is fine then?
No. NO URL'S OTHER THAN GRAAL RELATED!

My goodness, I will change it in the rules to URL's, instead of links. Geeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
So wait, you say we have to sign up for these new NGRT forums? So why exactly would we do that when we could all just go to some user made forums with even fewer rules and actually talk about anything and everything there?

This is basically telling NGRT people to go somewhere else, but also providing them with a moderated place to do it.... Kind of seems like parents pushing their kid out when they turn 18 but helping to pay for their crappy apartment.
*shrugs* To each his own.
I don't see where this is telling members to go somewhere else. The sign up process for the new NGRT is to allow mature teenagers to have discussions that are not currently allowed on the main forums. If members are found to not be mature enough to handle the NGRT discussions, they can be removed.
I see this to be a good thing, as to allow what members have been asking for, but not on the main forums.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Old Bee
Segregation in a community is rarely a good thing. You have to be 13 to sign up for these forums yet you have to be 14 to sign up for this new NGRT forum? What does one year matter in terms of maturity? I just think the whole idea is silly.

I have a feeling that the new NGRT will be just as policed as the old one, except without the newer strict rules. I think the comic googi made said it best. We're basically getting the same thing we had before all of this started, except now it appears like it's some sort of gift to us.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:31 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Segregation in a community is rarely a good thing. You have to be 13 to sign up for these forums yet you have to be 14 to sign up for this new NGRT forum? What does one year matter in terms of maturity? I just think the whole idea is silly.

I have a feeling that the new NGRT will be just as policed as the old one, except without the newer strict rules. I think the comic googi made said it best. We're basically getting the same thing we had before all of this started, except now it appears like it's some sort of gift to us.
Think what you like. I guess everyone will just have to wait and see.
I don't feel like arguing about something that hasn't even happened yet, nor do I feel like arguing about assumptions of how things are going to be.

It doesn't matter what we do, not everyone will not like it, but Unixmad will do what he feels is best for Graal and the forums.

BTW, just because a member is 13 or 14, does not mean they are mature enough to have discussions about certain issues. That is why certain discussions are not allowed on the main forum, and that is the purpose of the new NGRT. If a member is found to not be mature enough, they can simply be removed from that private forum.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Old Bee
Then don't argue about it? I didn't tell you to not agree with me. I have the right to express my concern about it just like you have the right to object.

It seems like you're on auto-defense mode where you are stepping up and handling any negative comments about the forums like it's your responsibility, when it isn't.

I'm just wondering why an entirely new forum needs to be made. This forum is perfectly capable of restricting users based on an individual need. (private forums, etc) All the supermod/admin has to do is remove that particular user's access to NGRT.

The description could just read "Non-graal related discussion for ages 14 and up". I dunno... it just seems like a big ordeal over something that could be achieved so easily like I stated above.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
The description could just read "Non-graal related discussion for ages 14 and up". I dunno... it just seems like a big ordeal over something that could be achieved so easily like I stated above.
Why does that even have to be done? with the Age thing.When you sign up for graal Doesn't it specify what age you have to be in order to sign up for graal (which i bileve is 14?).
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 04-23-2006, 10:06 PM
<3
Silent is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Silent Send a message via MSN to Silent
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon
Why does that even have to be done? with the Age thing.When you sign up for graal Doesn't it specify what age you have to be in order to sign up for graal (which i bileve is 14?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraalOnline.com
GraalOnline requires that you be at least 13 years of age to register for an account. If you are under 13 years old, please ask your parent or guardian to fill in this registration.

This is required under the Federal Trade Commission's Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA)

"Stone disobedient children" (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel
Disobedient children are likely enough to get stoned already, I think.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:51 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Only a very small segment of persons who post on this forum are actually inbetween 13 and 14, so what's that actual point? Other than restricting the new board from a very small minority, I don't see the actual point.

If people feel the content within the NRGT board is inappropriate, then why don't they just avoid it like every other normal person would do?
Old 04-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
I don't care, we got a new forum, lets have fun
Old 04-23-2006, 11:11 PM
oldbie
brock128 is on a distinguished road
So hey on the topic of rules can I get a real explination on the MMORPG rule? All I get is "YOU DON'T ADVERTISE OTHER PEOPLE'S PRODUCTS" and nothing else.

a) Discussing a product doesn't instantly make someone want to buy it. If I say Pepsi then you won't instantly go out and buy a Pepsi (cue about 30 KOMEDY KINGS saying "boy i'm thirsty i'm gonna go get a pepsi")
b) Even if it is an advertisement, products aren't mutually exclusive. I'm subscribed to WoW right now, and yet here I am on the forums. Although I'm not subscribed to Graal right this second, but this brings me to...
c) Instead of trying (and quite pointlessly i might add, more on that later) to censor everyone, why not just make your product better? There's a lot of problems that need fixing that you guys seem to ignore.
d) You're not the only entity on the internet. If people want to find out about something, they can go and find it out. People who want to play World of Warcraft will play it because it's a pretty obvious thing to find out (cue more KOMEDY KINGS saying "i didn't know WoW exists.") If anything, allowing MMO discussion here will help Graal-based guilds on other games grow and maybe save the sort of dead community.

But we can't have logic here because that's silly.

in before delete