Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-17-2009, 05:44 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Flying Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
The scripters have access to the flying technology now, so there should hopefully come something
Now.. first question is.. Gold servers only?

If true, then why?

Else, how do we use it because all I can see is:

PHP Code:
Script help for 'fly':
Clientside:
TServerFlying object typeparent type is TLevelObject
TServerFlying
.dir integer (read only)
TServerFlying.dx float
TServerFlying
.dy float
TServerFlying
.from integer (read only)
TServerFlying.type integer (read only
Couldn't find anything related to it on the gBible either.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:49 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad View Post
[flying technology] will be available to all servers but the use of flying objects will be reserved to gold/vip, after some time we will probably open it to everyone but some flying objects will still be reserved to gold and vip.
!!

Last edited by kia345; 07-17-2009 at 05:52 AM.. Reason: found a better, contradictory, post
Old 07-17-2009, 05:54 AM
Ronnie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronnie
He actually put it on unholy nation before, I do not recall where it is but i believe it is still on unholy nation somewhere!
Old 07-17-2009, 06:19 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Holding a feature from us like this seems like a waste, it doesn't even look like it's being used on GK.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:44 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
How long do we have to wait for this? I really hope this is opened up for developers by the next release.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Didnt they reveal this before the release of v5?

Jesus...how long ago was that!? They promised this a very very long time ago.....im amazed they havnt released it yet.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:38 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Just remake the thing yourself. Just zooming all the different elements on the map..
Old 07-17-2009, 02:31 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
Didnt they reveal this before the release of v5?

Jesus...how long ago was that!? They promised this a very very long time ago.....im amazed they havnt released it yet.
It was meant to be released for Christmas '06 I believe.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
It was nothing more than smoke and mirrors. All they did was took a picture of level and zoom it to be small to give the effect of going higher.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
Just remake the thing yourself. Just zooming all the different elements on the map..
Well you can't zoom the tilelayer I believe, and you also can't see past the adjacent levels on a GMap. You also can't zoom showimgs casted by other NPCs or ganis, really.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Light View Post
It was nothing more than smoke and mirrors. All they did was took a picture of level and zoom it to be small to give the effect of going higher.
Not quite; it generated the "picture" on the fly and streamed the content to the client. Ganis, etc were shrunk and orientated on the correct x/y of the generated canvas (picture) to give the appearance of active gameplay.

More of a novelty than anything else, I'm surprised there's still interest in it.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Does this just modify the player.z? I don't get it
Old 07-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Coder
Programmer has a spectacular aura aboutProgrammer has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Programmer Send a message via MSN to Programmer Send a message via Yahoo to Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post
Does this just modify the player.z? I don't get it
Flying technology, by the looks of it, it simply a graphical effect that shows the GMAP zooming out as the player's Z position changes; instead of focusing on point (x, y, 0) (which is the position of the player's shadow), it will focus on (x, y, z) and show the gmap growing smaller in proportion to the Z coordinate. Id Est, This technology simply zooms out whatever's in the background in proportion to the player's Z coordinate.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:21 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
We need Mode 7. ;P

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 07-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Not quite; it generated the "picture" on the fly and streamed the content to the client. Ganis, etc were shrunk and orientated on the correct x/y of the generated canvas (picture) to give the appearance of active gameplay.

More of a novelty than anything else, I'm surprised there's still interest in it.
From what I've heard, it was not an on the fly thing. It worked more like Google maps, where you had pre-rendered images of the levels(which had to be manually taken) of various degrees of zoom, and manually uploaded.

However, for those interested... apparently it wasn't hardcoded, but scripted, so knock yourself out and try to make it yourself, I suppose. There was interest in it because it seemed like it was actual canvas zooming, and if that was so, there would have been tons of capabilities. Oh well.