Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 04:03 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
Use for Binoculars..

Uhmm...
I have tried to use the binaculars you have in your armor section.. But I don't think it does anything. =/

I was thinking that it can be something like the sniper where you can look around farther when used.

P.S.
(Sorry if it already does something like this and if it does please close the thread, but when I checked it did'nt do anything.)
Old 07-10-2008, 04:04 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
neither does the radio.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:06 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
neither does the radio.
I was gona post that to, but i'm guessing when you do the / that would be considered the radio since it goes to your whole team.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:34 PM
osnap.
Xterminator will become famous soon enough
You mean the walkie-talkie? Ya like donark said, but the binoculars need to be fixed for something or just remove it.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:45 PM
luffy620 is on a distinguished road
Hmm someone really needs to make a basic information thread.

If I am not incorrect in saying, both of these have purposes.
The Binoculars are your radar which you can activate/deactivate using R.
And your radio is your team channel, and now its also your guild channel. And for ET's its the et chat channel. In lamens terms its the "/text" command which lets you talk to your team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donark View Post
I was thinking that it can be something like the sniper where you can look around farther when used.
That would be unfair. The sniper already has a scope which I think already has a good position to scope distance ratio, and if you actually use the sniper long enough you should get good at it. =) Maybe a good idea would be to buy a attachment from the zone shop (not gelats) for like 10,000money to have a radar while you snipe?
Old 07-10-2008, 04:51 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by luffy620 View Post
That would be unfair. The sniper already has a scope which I think already has a good position to scope distance ratio, and if you actually use the sniper long enough you should get good at it. =) Maybe a good idea would be to buy a attachment from the zone shop (not gelats) for like 10,000money to have a radar while you snipe?
He means that you can look far without having a sniper. Normally binoculars do that, y'know.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:59 PM
luffy620 is on a distinguished road
Oops =O.

I really don't see much of a point to that, but it could be easily added if you asked someone in the staff to do it. But the radar already gives you a basic idea of what is in the distance, and by the time you look to scope out enemies, unless they are hanging around doing nothing its really useless.

Zone doesn't involve much tactics.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Devil May Cry
Dante396 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Dante396 Send a message via AIM to Dante396 Send a message via MSN to Dante396 Send a message via Yahoo to Dante396
I think they should have a use. It's jut a waste of time having them in our inventory.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Teh Whatz?!
SolidSnake989 is on a distinguished road
... Binoculars are your radar and the radio is team chat. Stupids.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
A binocular in no way relates to a radar. Stupid.

Don't make it out to be some obvious thing only an idiot would miss when it's really not all that obvious... and more importantly, logical in the least. If it is true, it's a infinitely stupid idea.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Teh Whatz?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
A binocular in no way relates to a radar. Stupid.

Don't make it out to be some obvious thing only an idiot would miss when it's really not all that obvious... and more importantly, logical in the least. If it is true, it's a infinitely stupid idea.
It's a futuristic theme server, Logic is thrown out of the damn window. A few people who actually played this game longer than all of us here told me that, So unless Stefan or whoever created it tells me in their exact words that the binocular is not the radar, Then i'll believe you.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:13 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Does that make them right? And while there is obvious room for stretching logic, there is still room for applying real-world logic. Hmm, a flag in a futuristic game? I imagine that it is indeed a flag. Hmm, a gun? I imagine it will shoot bullets, or even lasers!!!
Binoculars? I think this will extend my vision! That's what everyone thinks. Because while binoculars extend vision, visually, radars assess your surroundings, electronically. There is a huge difference, and it makes no sense for binoculars to account for radar. At all. Logic or not.

The point is, people approach any game and apply a little common sense to it. The fact that you had the pleasure of talking to old players about it doesn't ignore the fact that either the game does not follow common sense, or the old players are wrong.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Teh Whatz?!
Does it make them wrong? So your telling me a binouclar in the future, Can't have a radar? Instead of seeing farther? The radar shows enemies up ahead, So basically they have them on, Like taped to themselves i don't know about this part XD

Side note:

Typhoon (MisterMastermind) thought they were an extra set of jetpacks.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Not when it clearly looks like a modern binocular.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Teh Whatz?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Not when it clearly looks like a modern binocular.
Could be in disguise! After all, Have you seen the Get Smart movie? It has a shoe phone! or or That swiss army knfie flamethrower! Yes, i know horrible reference. But hey who wouldn't what a swiss army knfie that has a flamethrower! Come on!