Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 04:42 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Maloria Development: Ground Zero

For the past 2 months (at least), the management of Maloria has declined steadfast to being almost completely inactive. While at first it did not leave to much of an impact on the staff force and its rate of development, it has now become a problem that is causing much harm to the server. During the course of this time many staff that had been on Maloria for quiet along time were either fired or quit and we now find our selves with only 3 active members of the team (All scripters...) and pages upon pages of applications for hirings. While I was granted the power to hire staff, I did not have the rights to do such and with the absence of management this will only get worse if things carry on as they are.

the current management appears to have lost interest in the server but does not wish to pass it on to more capable hands. This issue has made a big impact already as the decline in server development has caused a discomfort in most of the player count (many wish to leave). To make it blunt: Someone else needs to get in there.

already Lyndzey has been on and talked to two of us about this problem and has made a support ticket about it. She asked many for manager recommendations and it appears the ball has been passed my way. As it stands right now (I hear) the task has been assigned to Houdiniman. We have not seen any action from that side of the field though. I know a lot of problems have been going on in the PWA department but our server is dieing fast.

We need help.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:43 AM
"..."
Moondeath_2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Moondeath_2 Send a message via MSN to Moondeath_2 Send a message via Yahoo to Moondeath_2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon
For the past 2 months (at least), the management of Maloria has declined steadfast to being almost completely inactive. While at first it did not leave to much of an impact on the staff force and its rate of development, it has now become a problem that is causing much harm to the server. During the course of this time many staff that had been on Maloria for quiet along time were either fired or quit and we now find our selves with only 3 active members of the team (All scripters...) and pages upon pages of applications for hirings. While I was granted the power to hire staff, I did not have the rights to do such and with the absence of management this will only get worse if things carry on as they are.

the current management appears to have lost interest in the server but does not wish to pass it on to more capable hands. This issue has made a big impact already as the decline in server development has caused a discomfort in most of the player count (many wish to leave). To make it blunt: Someone else needs to get in there.

already Lyndzey has been on and talked to two of us about this problem and has made a support ticket about it. She asked many for manager recommendations and it appears the ball has been passed my way. As it stands right now (I hear) the task has been assigned to Houdiniman. We have not seen any action from that side of the field though. I know a lot of problems have been going on in the PWA department but our server is dieing fast.

We need help.
I totally agree, I too quit because most of the staff couldn't keep it together but now I'm ready to come back. So do you want me to come back and help out but this task seems nearly impossible, do to the fact Maniaman has ignored all messages from me through email, msn, aim, #gscript (irc channel),Maloria rc pm (a few weeks ago), and yet yesterday he told me he'd think about rehiring me and Phantom when I got his attention through a annoyomus sn on msn and then as soon as I told him who I was he started ignoring me and he said he had to go soon and he came back and said talk to me tommorow about it I tried he had no reply to any of the im's i sent him. Well either Zero or someone else needs to get abilities to set rights and change the server options to hire and fire staff members to keep things under control since the only two members who can do that type of thing "TB3 and Maniaman" are both inactive. Another option the server should be handed over to someone I prefer Zero he has been working very hard lately and so have the staff that are actually active but Zero seems perfect for the management spot I asked Lyndzey to go on Maloria and talk to them about it, and she did I saw the logs and she said she would talk to the other playerworld admins about it and then yes like Zero said HoudiniMan was supposed to come, and do something about the management problem but he has not been on Maloria although he was on another playerworld, Trenches to deal with a problem conserning stolen graphics from one of the managers there and he has been on #gscript's irl channel idling i'm not quite certain he will respond, so yeah really now something needs to be done. I ask from Stefan or someone in playerworld administration to act on this situation.
Gscript, Playerworld Rules, Support Center
Old 05-02-2006, 04:45 AM
Grraaaaaw
Tom is on a distinguished road
I fully agree with what zokemon here has said, ive been Police on maloria, and been around the server for a LONG time. And have seen it steadily decrease. The co manager, as much as a like him and as talented as he is, hes the most inactive person with a high ranked job on a server ive ever seen.

As for Maniaman, the current manager, he is so inactive towards Maloria, as if he doesnt even care. But he continues to keep his hands in control of it, taking it downhill with his inactiveness.

Maloria has great potential and i really want to see it improve with a better manager. So hopefully something will be done to help this playerworld.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:46 AM
anubis_wing will become famous soon enough
Yup Maloria really needs more capable staff because the ones now are either incapable or just plain ignorant. Plus people get bored of Mal pretty easily but there's the players who like it but since staff are lazy were gonna lose our world.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:50 AM
"..."
Send a message via AIM to Moondeath_2 Send a message via MSN to Moondeath_2 Send a message via Yahoo to Moondeath_2
In my point of view I don't want this playerworld to fail at all. But unfourtionately with lack of management it's steadly heading towards failure, and something shouldn't definately be done about it. Otherwise the server I like most on graal and for many other members will miss it if it goes down.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:02 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon

We need help.
I couldn't agree any more. We have quite a large staff list, but let me narrow it down to those that actually work:

Zero (zokemon): Coder
ShadowBlaze (ZeLpH_MyStiK): Coder
Kay (KaY_ThE_GrEaT): Level Designs
Gambet (Gambet): Coder (Mostly for Nations and Events)

Now, we currently have no administration, because our last two administrators have quit. The recent administrator that quit still has RC with all his rights, which doesn't really bother us, but it's not very secure. We know that the former administrator is a good guy, so he would never harm the server, intentionally, in any way, but what if someone were to get ahold of his account information? You never know.

Now, I bust my backside day in and day out, creating new content for the server almost daily. Each week I try to update the server with at least one new thing. The problem is, I lack rights that I've needed to complete some projects, based solely on the two facts that:

A) I'm not the type of person to ask for rights, I only ask for the rights that I need to work. This is a problem when it comes to an inactive management unit, because when I do need rights, no one is around to give me them.

B) The management unit has seemed to have lost interest on the server and is barely ever on. When they are, they become idle and do not really attend to staff needs unless they are utterly important. No one else has rights to setrights or to the server options, so what else are we supposed to do when we lack rights to work?

Now, I've never had a problem with the management unit until they started to become inactive. The current staff put a lot of their free time into developing for the wonderful server of Maloria, but how can we be one unit when we have no one to look up to? No one to set order? No one to set the examples?
We've done a hell of a job working independently amongst each other (independently in the sense that we have worked without a management unit for quite some time now, but we do help each other out on projects when needed). I just wish the current management unit would at least appoint an active staff member with sufficient rights to cover for them in their leap of absence. It seems the current management unit fears losing Maloria, and so they cannot let Maloria go, but in doing so, they are doing more harm then good to the server.

There are only 4 of us that are actually active on a daily basis. Recently, ShadowBlaze has been having some personal problems, so he hasnt been as active these past few days, but normally, he's pretty active. We can't manage this server without the proper rights to do so.

If we had to select a new person to manage, I would support Zero, for right now, he's creating Maloria v2.5, re-coding all of the current systems into what seems like it will attract tons of players when he is completely finished. Zero knows those he can trust in the staff team, so he definitely would not be leading alone, and I, for one, since I can only speak for myself, would stand strongly behind him, supporting him, and aiding him with keeping Maloria to its expected standards.

I am not trying to bash anyone and I am not trying to get anyone thrown out of their position. All that I ask for, all that we ask for, is for something to be done about our current management situation, because three coders and one level maker can only do so much with limited rights.

I can only post one every eight hours or so, so I hope this post makes an impact. My intentions are for the better of Maloria, and my comments are not meant to be taken as a personal insult. I admire the work that the current management unit has done to help make Maloria what it is today, but it seems that their train has ran out of gas, and it's time to appoint someone else as the conductor.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:04 AM
"..."
Amen, Gambet.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:10 AM
Meggido Bible
irule13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to irule13 Send a message via MSN to irule13 Send a message via Yahoo to irule13
I fully agree. Action needs to be taken immediately to preserve maloria and i believe Zero is the best choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sephiroth
I want to see a pig playing Graal, that would make my day.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:20 AM
"..."
Rawr! What about me huh huh huh! Just kidding
Old 05-02-2006, 05:24 AM
Meggido Bible
Send a message via AIM to irule13 Send a message via MSN to irule13 Send a message via Yahoo to irule13
Has anyone else noticed so far only malorian players and staff have said anything?

Quote:
Old 05-02-2006, 05:41 AM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
I'll be your manager.

But things will change. Half of your playerbase will be unconditionally banned.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:52 AM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
I dont know much about Maloria, I played there for awhile and through the forums. The way this thread was presented has shown me as an outside viewer two things though.

a) Maloria has a problem
b) The Origonal poster has a very very mature way to bring it to everyones attention

From what I have seen I believe that if the ball is in your hands, and that you guys are in this much of a bind, why would they have a problem passing a server to someone who seems as respectable as you?

Hope everything works out for you.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:53 AM
Meggido Bible
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist
I'll be your manager.

You couldn't do that without bringing globals.

Quote:
Old 05-02-2006, 06:15 AM
"..."
Heh.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:44 AM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist
I'll be your manager.

VT for governor of Neverland Ranch!
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Closed Thread