FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 12:12 AM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Arrow Graal v4 Bugs - For Stefan/testers

Note: v4 can't be downloaded yet.
Testers: Please post any bugs you find here, and I will update the original post.

Bugs list last updated August 30, 23:45 EST

Most current version is 4.0.1.2

(!) = needs to be tested in newest version
(?) = needs to be verified by other testers

Minor:
- changeimgpart no longer works for text
EX: N-Pulse, weapon ctest2
- If you connect to one server, then to Graal Kingdoms, you will have your head from the old server on the minimap

- Reminder: When pressing F8: "Hmmm it is recreating the serverlist and stuff, need to make it go back into non-maximized mode when the window width and height is set by script, like it does with the minimized mode."
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...chmentid=33183

- Graal plays a male voice even when the player is female

- When Graal isn't focused, set playerpaused clientside

- When reading PMs:
If \ is in a message, it is converted to \\\\ in history
If \ is in a multi-word message, it is converted to " in history

- On Graal Kingdoms, if you click one item in the inventory and quickly click on another, it is registered as a double click on the second item

- Chat text and nicknames of the characters on Kingdoms start island intro does not show. It may be a GS2 server-only problem
This could be two problems: 1) It isn't properly reading the client.strings that contain the chat text of the characters (I changed the chat of one of the characters to a static 'testing' and it worked). 2) The client. strings aren't being set

Medium:
- (!) Holding a button and switching to another application causes Graal to keep triggering that key (like firing a weapon)

- Ghosts cannot switch servers (nothing happens when clicking connect/double clicking a server)

- Pressing Escape or holding the scrollbar on the playerlist makes the client freeze, so people can avoid being hit more than once

- Problem with fullscreen windows: Open two Graal4 instances, press ALT+ENTER on one of them, then press ALT+TAB to open the other. The instance you try to open is only a blank window

Major/crash:
- Using WinXP, if you lock the computer while the playerlist is opened (windows key + L), an errors occurs: "A Win32 API function failed"

Not directly related to v4:
- Type "warpto blah blah" and you will be warped to 0 0

- Horses can get stuck on beds when hit (happens in v2 too)
EX: #gscript, cheetos_leveltest.nw. Get a horse, stand on the left side of the bed, and get the baddies to hit you from the left

Minor feature requests:
- Make admin message text selectable

- Move the "Don't Save Password" option under the password field so it is more obvious

- Add CTRL+Arrow (move between words) & CTRL+Shift+Arrow (select word) key combinations

- Show if a user is an RC or a player on the global playerlist

Fixed:
- Hopefully fixed reading and writing into the registry so its not crashing anymore when pressing offline test/start

- The program starts correctly on windows98 (was crashing on windows98 because of the bitmap font initialization stuff)

- Fixed the lines position, they were displayed one pixel too far to the left and top

- Errors occur when text is at a certain zoomfactor (differs depending on font/style). I assume something breaks when it is switching between drawing methods
EX: N-Pulse, cheetos_bulldog.nw

- If you deselect all users on the playerlist, the map will still display the nickname of the last selected user instead of yourself

- When viewing your own profile, only a gray box is shown instead of your head icon

- Client crashes when clicking Start/Offline test if your nickname contains a guild tag

- Offline PMs are displayed on the minimap

- Stored passwords are compatible with v2

- "&" is not displayed correctly in admin messages (it is being seen as a shortcut key, like S&ervers = Servers)

- Set player to paused when Graal isn't focused, and set playerpaused serverside

- Some clientside 2x2 tile changes by script aren't sent to the server (bushes, pots, etc DO work) (tested with shovel on Graal2001)

Minor Feature Requests:
- There is now a 'warpto' option when right clicking on players in the playerlist
- Change "Admins" on the playerlist to "Staff"

See this post and this post for older fixes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	v4bug-gui.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	33087  

Last edited by CheeToS2; 08-31-2005 at 06:23 AM..
Old 04-27-2005, 01:20 AM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
If you right click the profile of a player, and then click "Close" it will close, and then within half a second it will open again.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:51 AM
That Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hour
If you right click the profile of a player, and then click "Close" it will close, and then within half a second it will open again.
Verified, it happens if you close it before it gets the information from the server (if it is happening to you often, then you're probably lagging).

Old 04-27-2005, 02:08 AM
Poont.
Ajira is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hour
I wouldn't call this a bug. I prefer it do this. Sometimes my profiles lag and I get tired of waiting so I close the window. If it pops back up then I'm glad. o.o

Old 04-27-2005, 02:06 PM
OOB
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
If this is not a bug then this is one -> If you click the button to get on someones homepage then the site won't open.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 04-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Fry has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajira
I wouldn't call this a bug. I prefer it do this. Sometimes my profiles lag and I get tired of waiting so I close the window. If it pops back up then I'm glad. o.o
Well, it was considered a bug in v2 as it has been fixed after quite a while.
I, for one, didn't like it very much, so an option for that would be useful.

Top 3 servers at the moment (players):

Old 04-27-2005, 06:06 PM
The secret of NIMH
Robin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Robin
Perhaps just have the box show after it's downloaded the profile data?
Old 04-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I have made the text green where I think it has been fixed in the new version
Old 04-27-2005, 10:42 PM
That Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
I have made the text green where I think it has been fixed in the new version
Seems good to me

Old 04-28-2005, 01:16 AM
Scriptess
calani is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to calani
I've had the client close unexpectedly (no error message) several times when clicking/using the scroll bar on the playerlist.. haven't been able to recreate it however.

another bug in v4: showpoly doesn't seem to work
Old 04-28-2005, 01:37 AM
Poont.
Ajira is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by calani
I've had the client close unexpectedly (no error message) several times when clicking/using the scroll bar on the playerlist.. haven't been able to recreate it however.
It's the hack protection that isn't working right. Stefan is working on fixing it.

Old 04-28-2005, 01:45 AM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
I wanna test :O. Is it cool/better then Graal3

Also, Graal3 was like..just officially released and its bugged to hell. Wouldn't you wanna fix Graal3 before working on Graal4? I can list millions * 3 bugs. Also, most hacks don't work anymore on V2 because the process changes by adding spaces in front so unless someone is smart enough to detect the process that has spaces in front of it, they won't work. (They = Trainers)

So, basically if you would want to speed/wall etc.. then you would have to use Artmoney or other Value Editing programs. So just make graal detect if their open and if they are, make Graal shutdown, or end the task of artmoney etc..
Old 04-28-2005, 01:49 AM
I made a tree!
Benm00t is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuJi
Also, Graal3 was like..just officially released and its bugged to hell. Wouldn't you wanna fix Graal3 before working on Graal4? I can list millions * 3 bugs.
Because V4 is already being worked on, it suggests to me that v3 is being scrapped. Unless of course there is something new and major being implemented to V4 that couldn't be added to the current V2/3?

~ Ben
Old 04-28-2005, 01:50 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuJi
Also, Graal3 was like..just officially released and its bugged to hell. Wouldn't you wanna fix Graal3 before working on Graal4?
Graal v3 and v4 use the same code base for levels, scripting etc. So everything that is fixed for v4 will also improve the versions for Linux and Mac.

Ok Added another bug (when switching servers you are not disconnected from the old server, yes I know it's a weird bug). The playerlist problems have to do with threading, the playerlist is updated at the same time when the players are added or removed from the list, will try to fix it similar to the F7 crash fix.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:13 AM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
Graal v3 and v4 use the same code base for levels, scripting etc. So everything that is fixed for v4 will also improve the versions for Linux and Mac.

Ok Added another bug (when switching servers you are not disconnected from the old server, yes I know it's a weird bug). The playerlist problems have to do with threading, the playerlist is updated at the same time when the players are added or removed from the list, will try to fix it similar to the F7 crash fix.

I'll pay ya 10.00$ to test v4 ;-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benm00t
Because V4 is already being worked on, it suggests to me that v3 is being scrapped. Unless of course there is something new and major being implemented to V4 that couldn't be added to the current V2/3?

I don't think their is anything that can never be added, if something can't be added then they add stuff to make it work? Right?
Closed Thread