Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2005, 11:48 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Era...

There has been 2 management changes in the past month. First, Snake was appointed manager, and then he quit and handed his position down to Rance. Now, Rance has quit and has handed down his position to Rick. A management position is very important, and it's being tossed around like a pizza. What's going on with Era?
Old 04-15-2005, 12:06 AM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
Playerworlds are, and have always been, unstable.
Nothing would ever change without proper supervision.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:31 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
Era is just well dieing....agin I have had alot of memories there but stuff comes and goes gotta flow with the wind.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:56 AM
Supreme Dictator
xManiamaNx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to xManiamaNx Send a message via Yahoo to xManiamaNx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet
Two people have passed down the title of manager in the past month.
Who cares? If they want to step down, let them step down. It is better than having someone that is inactive.

edit: whoah, the time on this reply is 1 hour earlier than when i submitted it. It should be 6 posts down

Play Maloria Now: [2.3] [3]
Maloria Website

Old 04-15-2005, 03:10 AM
Banned
ThinkDifferent is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThinkDifferent Send a message via MSN to ThinkDifferent
If this is the Rick I am thinking of, he will straighten out Era, as I have known Rick to do a very good job.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:23 AM
YenroY777 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to YenroY777 Send a message via MSN to YenroY777 Send a message via Yahoo to YenroY777
Era wont die...
Old 04-15-2005, 03:24 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by YenroY777
Era wont die...
Era most certainly will not die.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:47 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDifferent
If this is the Rick I am thinking of, he will straighten out Era, as I have known Rick to do a very good job.
He could grow to be the best manager on Graal, but that is not the point of this thread. Two people have passed down the title of manager in the past month. That is what I'm concerned about.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:51 AM
PK Admin
Obvious is on a distinguished road
Snake left because of him going to college.
Velox left because of people making a petition against him and he was emotionally unstable.. x.x
Old 04-15-2005, 04:32 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
People have priorities...

Kudos for being in touch with what they're capable (or uncapable) of contributing to the server.

Old 04-15-2005, 05:42 AM
Evil
Evil_Trunks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet
He could grow to be the best manager on Graal, but that is not the point of this thread. Two people have passed down the title of manager in the past month. That is what I'm concerned about.
What's wrong with a manager resigning? I think it's very rude to go around saying management is "tossed around like a pizza." You don't even play Era, so you wouldn't really know what's going on. Go back and idle on Zone RC with your FAQ tag or something?

Old 04-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Velox Cruentus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Velox Cruentus Send a message via AIM to Velox Cruentus
*sigh* Need I explain again?
Snakeandy7 quit because of college, life, tralala.

I resigned for a multitude of reasons. The Petition was only the piveting point. As Cassy may have witnessed before the petition, perhaps a week before, I was already not feeling so great. I am a developer, a scripter -- Someone who wants to get things done. But as Manager, people felt that I had the responsibility to not play at all, answer everyone's questions in full elaborate (and complete) responses, to take all the bull****, to fix every problem NOW. I couldn't do that. The more you complained about each single flaw in the game, the more I was delayed. I was sufficating as Manager because you wouldn't leave me any place to breathe and work. I go on working, 3 hours staight. I come back, and my RC is filled with PMs -- The players are accusing me of ignoring them.

I didn't want to be accused of all you accused me of. Most of it is false rumors, misconceptions, tralala...

As for Rick -- You've been yelling about his "Away" for what, 5 days now? Just because he's busy most of the time and doesn't answer PMs doesn't mean he isn't doing his job. A Manager's job isn't to answer questions... It isn't to make you sit on your lap and promise you presents. We're workers, developers. We plan the work that has to be done, and we see to it that it is done. We hire and fire staff as we see need. That is the Manager's job. It isn't to fix problems NOW. It's to fix then all in all when they have the ability and time to.

That is mainly my reason of resigning. As much as I tried to make you understand it's not my job to be questioned, I ended up ignoring those who asked me questions that should have been asked to someone who works in that field (Gangs and Businesses go to Morg, for example. You IM me about them, and you'd've been assured no response).

How about you just all together stop irratating him and leaving him do his own job? In a month, then you may consider him doing it appropiately or not.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:39 PM
"seized by somnolence"
sage_scooby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velox Cruentus
But as Manager, people felt that I had the responsibility to not play at all, answer everyone's questions in full elaborate (and complete) responses, to take all the bull****, to fix every problem NOW. I couldn't do that. The more you complained about each single flaw in the game, the more I was delayed. I was sufficating as Manager because you wouldn't leave me any place to breathe and work. I go on working, 3 hours staight. I come back, and my RC is filled with PMs -- The players are accusing me of ignoring them.

I didn't want to be accused of all you accused me of. Most of it is false rumors, misconceptions, tralala...
A Manager's job isn't to answer questions... It isn't to make you sit on your lap and promise you presents. We're workers, developers. We plan the work that has to be done, and we see to it that it is done. We hire and fire staff as we see need. That is the Manager's job. It isn't to fix problems NOW. It's to fix then all in all when they have the ability and time to.
The truth of his words pain me lolz. The hardest thing to do when you manage a PW is actually work(in the development sense).

-[email protected]
Old 04-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velox Cruentus
*sigh* Need I explain again?
Snakeandy7 quit because of college, life, tralala.
Hehe, you reminded me of that Gunther fella from some Europe band.

Isn't there a rule where if a server goes through so many manager changes it gets like shutdown or something like that?

oh, you touch my tralala... mmmm my ding ding dong
Old 04-15-2005, 04:28 PM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by zell12
Isn't there a rule where if a server goes through so many manager changes it gets like shutdown or something like that?
If there is, it would certainly be a dumb rule, as that is promoting inactive/uninterested managers to keep their positions.

No one knows for sure if they will enjoy, or be able and fit, to be a manager until they take the job. I see nothing wrong with someone passing the spot on to someone else capable if they feel they do not want the job any longer. I'd rather someone willing and able was managing a server, than someone just there because they feel it is their responsibility.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit