Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2014, 10:56 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I found some backups of both Bomy Island and Graal2001 but they're missing scripts. On another note, I'm pretty sure I hid the full backup including scripts and everything under the sun on my SD card which I'm using to store lots of games and music inside my 3DS. I'll update the world if I find it. If anyone is interested in making Graal a better place, PM me.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:59 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I found some backups of both Bomy Island and Graal2001 but they're missing scripts. On another note, I'm pretty sure I hid the full backup including scripts and everything under the sun on my SD card
*cough* DVD *cough*

anyway, i remember having konidias his backup. never had the chance to play either versions but from what i saw (image files, tileset, sprites, screenshots etc) both looked pretty awesome. would love to play either one
Old 02-18-2015, 04:13 PM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
Seriously, stefan, someone, put this server back up as is already, don't mess around trying to have revolutionary new graphics, just get the new scripting done, servers like UN, delteria, era, zodiac and valikorlia have already done so and there are players that STILL use them even though three of those servers are still using dated graphics from years ago.

Of all the servers i read about, bomy moon seems to be one server many have talked about, begged for and had wanted brought back without success, sadly a good amount of those wanting the server back up have given up hope of ever seeing it again.

Put a location that people can idle without being kicked for not moving and i'm sure at least a few people will do so, i would start learning to roleplay even just to keep some form of nostalgia going for even the oldest of players.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:13 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravator View Post
Seriously, stefan...
Bruh, it's 2015. Stefans long gone
Old 02-19-2015, 01:40 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
Bruh, it's 2015.
Shhhh!!! some computers still think its 1915...
Old 02-19-2015, 12:21 PM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
Bruh, it's 2015. Stefans long gone
*sigh* I didn't really want to believe he was really gone, it's a big change for me to know one of the most recognized people on graal is not around anymore, i certainly hope the servers that are left maintain a strong enough playerbase, i recently got into delteria since their graphics are the closest to bomy island that i can enjoy these days.

Maybe a new server will surprise everyone and snatch up many players like Era and Zodiac did when they were released.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:58 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravator View Post
Maybe a new server will surprise everyone and snatch up many players like Era and Zodiac did when they were released.
That was like 10 years ago, not happening again though because PC Graal barely has any players left.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:21 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Not with all these negative nancies around here.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:11 AM
G2k1
Okay so MysticDragon has informed me that there is actually something going on with the Graal2001 server. After I asked him what he was talking about, he stopped responding to my forum PMs. I would like to know what he was referring to, and I'm sure some others are curious as well. So lets all spam his inbox, mirite?
Old 03-05-2015, 06:11 PM
old school.
Sparkplug will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Sparkplug
Kamaeru: I am assuming that the spamming hasn't worked yet. MysticDragon make a post already.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:07 PM
G2k1
Yeah let's hear it MD.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:28 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I thought they were canibalizing this server for the iPhone Classic server.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:10 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I thought they were canibalizing this server for the iPhone Classic server.
Nope, Unimad mentioned a while back about the possibility of adding subforms for iPhone servers or something of that such. Though that wouldn't work well since most players are dedicated to there forums and theres only.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:44 PM
G2k1
I believe maximum_asinus is referring to the fact that many elements of 2K1 have been ripped from that source and added to iClassic, such as railroads and draisines, hat trading, and god knows what else because I only caught that much glancing at a few youtube videos. The fact that they stole lots of content is no surprise because the greater whole has been doing that on Graal since 2001. I would really like find a way to appeal and redact this stolen content from the iClassic server. There had better be no content with my name on it anyhow.

Still, this wouldn't explain why development can't continue on the existing server. I had development access until some goon squad came in some months back and decided they know better than I or Skyld or anyone else who was still involved. To be honest I don't know what happened and would like an explanation of some sort, because it took an intense amount of lobbying around the Graal community to get any work started in the first place.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I had development access until some goon squad came in some months back and decided they know better than I or Skyld or anyone else who was still involved.
Yes, the server was repossessed rather unceremoniously and it will probably not get properly fixed up and finished. Graal2001 cannot really exist as an "extension" to the Classic iPhone world, and it seems a lot like it has been cannibalised already. It's a shame.