Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 07:36 AM
fcmrcy
FaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura aboutFaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to FaLLChiLD
I am fully in love with the concept of this server as I had very similar ideas brainstormed up at one point. The look of the server is very nice and I enjoy the use of those types of bodies. Very interested to see where this goes and to try out some game play!
Old 08-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Devil May Cry
Dante396 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Dante396 Send a message via AIM to Dante396 Send a message via MSN to Dante396 Send a message via Yahoo to Dante396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
I will make the different clothes, hair and eventualy heads as long as they fit the server.
The example of Zack/Cloud is perfect if you want to know, so I might do that somewhat soon.
I wonder what the female characters will look like
Old 08-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante396 View Post
I wonder what the female characters will look like
We currently have only one female hair, and it looks quite ugly, so I might end up taking some of GK's hairs and apply them to our template for now, I wouldn't want to offense the female players by forcing them to be a boy .

EDIT: same goes for some clothes, I guess.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:26 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Your characters are incredibly gaudy. I hope you'll have some more practical outfits/hairs (or blue ones~).
Old 08-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Your characters are incredibly gaudy. I hope you'll have some more practical outfits/hairs (or blue ones~).
We currently have 10 different hairs and 15 heads available.
We plan to add a skin color selection later on, so nobody is excluded from the game
Old 08-03-2010, 05:21 PM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
Awesome. Character Customisation to the max ftw?
Old 08-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Love it Soala!

I'll be on Ruins tomorrow too check it all out.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Ideas on Fire
Ruins is almost ready to open!
I will finaly open the server tomorrow (August 4th) at 10:00 AM (GMT+1)
I think that makes it 4:00 AM for people living around Washington or something like that.. well I can't convert time for everyone!

Anyway, there are currently 3 insides you guys will be able to check, the day/night system is not completely ready but you should be able to test it by saying /testdn.
You will be able to visit the first village, called Narwa, and also visit a cave where 3 different instructors will tell you more about the server, the map, the future gameplay and so on!

Switch and I are currently working on giving you guys an opportunity to try out one sword, not by equiping it (the backpack system is not done yet) but by saying a command too: /testsword.
(the sword on my avatar, if you want to know!)

Last edited by Soala; 08-04-2010 at 01:23 AM..
Old 08-04-2010, 04:36 AM
Đucimus.
Nonepwnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Nonepwnz
Damn I'll be sleeping when its opening! Well well, I'll be there atleast :-) Can't wait!
Old 08-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I don't understand what you're opening really as there is nothing to do at all. What I did see however is Esteria's tileset, but with no real charm like there was on Esteria. The tiles are not going to work for themselves, you need to create an atmosphere in the levels like Crow and Angelu did. Nothing else to say really, but maybe because I've seen it all before.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
I gotta say, im quite impressed (like I said too you ingame).

What I love the most is the Character Creation system, it is incredible.
I can't wait for more updates.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:14 PM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
Ruins is awesome. Looks beautiful and I love everything I've seen so far. Can't wait for more!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I loved your inside levels, they had a very nice feeling. I'm totally loving the characters as well, great work even though it's the "gold" sprites. I was very disappointed when I walked outside though, it has nothing of the charm I experienced before going out. Very different styled tiles, boring levels and simply a badly designed island.

Oh and fix your idle sword animation. Down and Up looks retarded.

EDIT: And use scripted light effects to light up the windows on houses instead of having bright yellow tiles, it doesn't work while it's day.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I don't understand what you're opening really as there is nothing to do at all. What I did see however is Esteria's tileset, but with no real charm like there was on Esteria. The tiles are not going to work for themselves, you need to create an atmosphere in the levels like Crow and Angelu did. Nothing else to say really, but maybe because I've seen it all before.
Well, I opened the server more to take a pause and get feedback before going in any further development. I was waiting for constructive, which I did get

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I loved your inside levels, they had a very nice feeling. I'm totally loving the characters as well, great work even though it's the "gold" sprites. I was very disappointed when I walked outside though, it has nothing of the charm I experienced before going out. Very different styled tiles, boring levels and simply a badly designed island.

Oh and fix your idle sword animation. Down and Up looks retarded.

EDIT: And use scripted light effects to light up the windows on houses instead of having bright yellow tiles, it doesn't work while it's day.
The tileset is still being worked on. The animations were temp as I needed something quick just to give players something to hold in their hands. Most of them will be re-done/improved.
The windows frames are not supposed to be yellow on day but that's because of the current unfinished day/night system.
I am also considering reworking the first island, and most of images were temporary too (finish this damn tree Elk ).
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:18 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
The sword animations make me feel like im playing Golf, the grab/pull system needs to be redone (or finished). After that there's really not much to add comment-wise, was a pretty bleh experience.