*account name added to indicate its someones account name

Some way to indicate if its a player or RC
They are all account names
Old 06-11-2005, 10:44 AM
VulcanP2P is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeToS2
Sorry, I explained what I meant wrong. In my buddylist I thought I saw the name account (on Graal Kingdoms) without the *. My eyes are deceiving me.

For Zone or Guild Support use the Support Center
Old 06-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Poont.
Ajira is on a distinguished road
Quote:
On servers with an updated GServer, they show nicknames. (Graal Kingdoms)

Old 06-11-2005, 07:08 PM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Hm, okay, it does show nicknames on GK (neat), but it looks like it already shows * for account names. Maybe it doesn't if somebody sets their nickname to *accountname, just like the regular playerlist.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:32 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velox Cruentus
I did redownload it. I just thought the actual text on the back disturbing, rather. I know how the problem occurred, and how to fix it. Just not from preventing it from reoccurring.
I have had this problem with Graal 4 since I deleted the filenamecache the first time, except clearing the filenamecache again, reinstalling Graal 3, or reextracting Graal 4 did not fix it. Graal 3 has no problems, though.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:13 AM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Note to *Stefan:
Add the following v4 testers:

Gerami
Luciano
TB3
xAndrewx
Old 06-16-2005, 05:50 PM
Supreme Dictator
xManiamaNx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to xManiamaNx Send a message via Yahoo to xManiamaNx
When enabling a second monitor while Graal4 is running, the game screen stops displaying the game and is all grey. When the screen is clicked on I get an Access Violation "Access violation at address 00446C58 in module 'Graal4.exe'. Read of address 00000004. When clicking OK on that dialog, another one pops up just like it.

On Graal4, if you try logging on to a server with v31enabled=false you get an error saying "You need Graal version Graal 3.13-4 to play on this server." If the v31enabled=false is changed to v30enabled=false, it still gives that message unless you put v31enabled=true in the serveroptions first. It will still do that after the client is restarted.

Almost all of my dialog boxes that come up have scrollbars on them.

When dragging Graal4 from the main display over to a second display, the framerate drops to around 1 frame every 5 seconds. my CPU usage goes up to 100, and my entire system slows down. My mouse jumps from 1 place to where I moved it to every 5 seconds or so. Once I kill Graal4, everything is back to normal speed. I have done this before with Graal3 and Graal3, and they have both worked fine. This happens when the game is at the first menu, or actually on a server. Everything runs fine if Graal4 is on the primary display.

Play Maloria Now: [2.3] [3]
Maloria Website

Old 06-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Velox Cruentus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Velox Cruentus Send a message via AIM to Velox Cruentus
I can't set a proxy for when I'm at school networks or likewise.

Enabling second moniter while G4 is on causes Access Violation Error confirmed.

Playing G4 on second moniter: 5% up to 38%. I guess my computer handles it better, however, it's still noticible.

Last edited by Velox Cruentus; 06-16-2005 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: Clarifying
Old 06-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xManiamaNx
On Graal4, if you try logging on to a server with v31enabled=false you get an error saying "You need Graal version Graal 3.13-4 to play on this server." If the v31enabled=false is changed to v30enabled=false, it still gives that message unless you put v31enabled=true in the serveroptions first. It will still do that after the client is restarted.
v30enabled is for v2 and v3.0 (<=3.0), v30enabled is for v3.1 and v4 (>=3.1).

Quote:
When enabling a second monitor while Graal4 is running, the game screen stops displaying the game and is all grey. When the screen is clicked on I get an Access Violation "Access violation at address 00446C58 in module 'Graal4.exe'. Read of address 00000004. When clicking OK on that dialog, another one pops up just like it.

When dragging Graal4 from the main display over to a second display, the framerate drops to around 1 frame every 5 seconds. my CPU usage goes up to 100, and my entire system slows down. My mouse jumps from 1 place to where I moved it to every 5 seconds or so. Once I kill Graal4, everything is back to normal speed. I have done this before with Graal3 and Graal3, and they have both worked fine. This happens when the game is at the first menu, or actually on a server. Everything runs fine if Graal4 is on the primary display.
It's working fine with v2 and v3 ? Graal v4 is checking better if the drawing context is destroyed, so that it can recreate it, instead of having a messed up display or black window.

Quote:
Almost all of my dialog boxes that come up have scrollbars on them.
With the latest version of v4 ?
Old 06-16-2005, 07:46 PM
That Guy
Maniaman can only post once a day, so I'll answer for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
It's working fine with v2 and v3 ? Graal v4 is checking better if the drawing context is destroyed, so that it can recreate it, instead of having a messed up display or black window.
mania: only showed a gray screen when i enabled my second monitor
mania: when I moved it over to the 2nd monitor, it became really really really slow
mania: I could watch the thing refresh stuff down the screen

Quote:
With the latest version of v4 ?
Yes, although this doesn't happen to me. He says it is happening with the "you have been disconnected" boxes. I've attached a screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	v4bugforcheetos3.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	32433  
Old 06-16-2005, 08:14 PM
unsoundness
Ibonic will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Yes, although this doesn't happen to me. He says it is happening with the "you have been disconnected" boxes. I've attached a screenshot.
scrollbars: I have those too, on the filename cache dialog and others.

also: A lot of things aren't (re)set as expected when switching servers.

For example:

-I was just on Classic and switched to Maloria. The level/gmap I was in on Classic showed up on Maloria under their "News" GUI for about 15 seconds even though my internet connection wasn't lagging. Note: It was the first time I was on Maloria though and doesn't happen after that, so I do know it was some kind of lag anyway -- but I don't think v2 acts like this, it's just odd to see the previous server's level like that.

-If you set a nickname while on a server and then switch to another, in v2 it would use the name that you set while online, but in v4 it uses the one that was set on the client before logging on the first time.
(CheeToS told me this was already reported, sorry! I noticed it a long time ago, but never bothered to post it until now)

-Customs graphics (e.g. letters.png) from servers are still shown when switching to another which uses the defaults (e.g. Maloria to Classic), or sometimes none are shown at all.

Have also had a problem quite frequently lately on both v4 and v2 (on Classic) where some levels on a gmap will not show up at all other than as the default grass tiles. This gives the impression to other people that a person experiencing this is walking through walls / cheating.

[Edit]
Sometimes my chat text bar disappears completely (doesn't show up when pressing tab), this happened just now after switching servers a few times. Not sure if it's been reported already or not.
[/Edit]

Last edited by Ibonic; 06-19-2005 at 05:40 AM..
Old 06-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Scriptess
calani is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to calani
Requested feature: enable ctrl+left/right (word left/right) and ctrl+shift+left/right (select word left/right) in the chat bar.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:29 PM
That Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by calani
Requested feature: enable ctrl+left/right (word left/right) and ctrl+shift+left/right (select word left/right) in the chat bar.
You already mentioned those, silly, but I will move them to the features section since they aren't really bugs
Old 06-24-2005, 08:37 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I get the following when logging onto Maloria. I have the newest version of V4 (or so I think? Last modified around 3 hours ago.)

When hitting ok it keeps on coming up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maloriaerror.PNG
Views:	122
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	32522