Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-30-2003, 09:02 AM
US Marine
Soul-Blade is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Soul-Blade
Quote:
Originally posted by Deek2

Oh yeah dude, I totally couldnt draw a tree at all. Actually, I could manage to make a little stick figure, but oh well. Gosh, your soo confident in yourself, arn't you? Your even mroe confident than I am, which is barely >0. Soo quit picking on lil' ol' ****s like me. Actually, since your the one that started all of this crap, how about we do it NOW. Sound great, eh? Yea.

Well, apparently unlike you, I have my priorities in order. My current project is my PW.

I did not start anything. Warcaptain showing his old stuff he showed a month ago trying to make it more popular again, showing off like it is the greatest thing in the world is what started it. I have never done that before.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:03 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
LOL, this post is full of arrogance. Warcaptain says I brag.

You don't see me making posts saying "I'm looking for graphics people that can draw super good like me, if you can't then I'm going to tell you that you suck and your graphics can't compare to mine. Thanks."

Get over yourself please.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 03-30-2003, 09:06 AM
Deek2 is on a distinguished road
Actually, both of you are wrong. I know WC, and he'd rather not show anything at all than release screenshots out the wazoo. He's not trying to show off anything, I think he's just showing that he has a project. The purpose of this thread was to get someone just as good as me to work for him (well, rather just helping) because I'm lazy.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:08 AM
US Marine
Quote:
Actually, both of you are wrong. I know WC, and he'd rather not show anything at all than release screenshots out the wazoo. He's not trying to show off anything, I think he's just showing that he has a project. The purpose of this thread was to get someone just as good as me to work for him (well, rather just helping) because I'm lazy.
Yeah, thats a smart way. Get everyone angry at him, and get everyone to look at him as a arrogant fool.

He has shown that screenshot before, so that is enough. If people want to work for him, they will contact him. That is what people do to me, so they will do the same to him if they feel like working for him.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:09 AM
Banned
Warcaptain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
well sorta
but I think deeks gfx is the best on graal and i was wondering who can do as good.
not like "oh no one can do as good as him, if so prove it!"
more like "just wondering who else is talented"
And I bashed you and sb cuz you both brag all the time and you both dont have anything to show for it but some tiny samples.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:12 AM
US Marine
Quote:
Originally posted by Warcaptain
well sorta
but I think deeks gfx is the best on graal and i was wondering who can do as good.
not like "oh no one can do as good as him, if so prove it!"
more like "just wondering who else is talented"
And I bashed you and sb cuz you both brag all the time and you both dont have anything to show for it but some tiny samples.
Brag all the time? We don't brag all the time. If anything, players some times IM me and say they like my stuff, and they give me some motivation to keep working. I show my stuff to get some comments from players, see what they think is good and see if they like how things are coming. I don't do it to just go "Let me know how great you think this masterpiece is!" Personally, I have not seen me or konidias brag, but I will speak for myself and say I have not bragged at all, besides when being attacked by another.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Soul-Blade

Yeah, thats a smart way. Get everyone angry at him, and get everyone to look at him as a arrogant fool.

He has shown that screenshot before, so that is enough. If people want to work for him, they will contact him. That is what people do to me, so they will do the same to him if they feel like working for him.
And that's the only screenshot he's posted (unless you can prove otherwise). But you, on the otherhand, have posted more than one screenshot of your playerworld. Now look whos the arrogant fool. I think your the one showing off your playerworld, since you said ti yourself that you weren't going to post very many screenshots. I personally see no problem in asking a simple question such as this thread, even if I wan't working for him. But the thing is, he hasn't asked anybody up until now if they wanted to work for him. Soo if he was to just post a screenshot, people arn't going to spam him to hell asking to work for him.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:15 AM
Banned
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
Quote:

wts I didnt show it off to brag... I just used it as an exmaple

would you rather me verbaly explain what it looks like
and how am i being arrogant...
Old 03-30-2003, 09:19 AM
Banned
Quote:

Brag all the time? We don't brag all the time. If anything, players some times IM me and say they like my stuff, and they give me some motivation to keep working. I show my stuff to get some comments from players, see what they think is good and see if they like how things are coming. I don't do it to just go "Let me know how great you think this masterpiece is!" Personally, I have not seen me or konidias brag, but I will speak for myself and say I have not bragged at all, besides when being attacked by another.
well you are attacking me, you dont see me bragging

bragging is bragging.
you take players concerns to mind?
you still have crappy chars, you still have out of porportion gfx

dont you listen?
Old 03-30-2003, 09:21 AM
Old Bee
Right, so if I made a thread here and posted a screenshot of Oasis, and then told everybody that replied that they aren't as good at graphics as me so they can't work on my playerworld, would you consider that bragging?

You're basically saying Deek is the best gfx person on Graal, and that is basically stating that your playerworld has the best graphics, which in turn, means you're bragging like a fool. Right? Right.

Old 03-30-2003, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
Right, so if I made a thread here and posted a screenshot of Oasis, and then told everybody that replied that they aren't as good at graphics as me so they can't work on my playerworld, would you consider that bragging?

You're basically saying Deek is the best gfx person on Graal, and that is basically stating that your playerworld has the best graphics, which in turn, means you're bragging like a fool. Right? Right.
I haven't seen anything in this thread where Warcaptain is bashing anyone's graphics. Quit making false assumptions.

He also isn't saying I'm the best graphics maker in Graal. He's saying that he hasn't seen anyone else do better.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:27 AM
Old Bee
Quote:

I haven't seen anything in this thread where Warcaptain is bashing anyone's graphics. Quit making false assumptions.

He also isn't saying I'm the best graphics maker in Graal. He's saying that he hasn't seen anyone else do better.
I don't see how you think you're so great at graphics when you're blind as a bat.

"BirdBird isnt that good"
"The general techniques are nice but the porportions and shaping is HORRIBLE."
"And I bashed you and sb cuz you both brag all the time and you both dont have anything to show for it but some tiny samples."

Old 03-30-2003, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias

I don't see how you think you're so great at graphics when you're blind as a bat.

"BirdBird isnt that good"
"The general techniques are nice but the porportions and shaping is HORRIBLE."
"And I bashed you and sb cuz you both brag all the time and you both dont have anything to show for it but some tiny samples."
I don't see how I think I'm soo great at graphics either, since I don't think I'm good at graphics at all. It sorta makes it useless to bash me when I'm already bashing myself.
Old 03-30-2003, 10:21 AM
Old Bee
Quote:

I don't see how I think I'm soo great at graphics either, since I don't think I'm good at graphics at all. It sorta makes it useless to bash me when I'm already bashing myself.
"You can't draw worth crap, so don't think your better than me until you can draw something that can actually look the least bit realistic."
"The purpose of this thread was to get someone just as good as me to work for him (well, rather just helping) because I'm lazy."

You're indirectly referring to yourself as a better gfx artist than Soulblade, and the second quote, you're indirectly referring yourself as good.

Since Warcaptain is telling everyone that he hasn't seen anyone make as good as gfx as yours, he is stating that you have the best gfx on Graal, you can say "he's just saying I'm the best he's seen". Well guess what, he's seen pretty much everybodies here, and he's basically saying none of us can compare to you.

BRAG BRAG BRAG. GLOAT GLOAT GLOAT.

Warcaptain, please use your brain, I don't care how many screenshots Soulblade or I have shown of our playerworlds, that doesn't mean we are bragging, we are just showing screenshots. There is nothing about showing multiple screenshots that would indicate bragging, unless there was bragging included in the posts, and there isn't. You don't even have to post a screenshot to brag, you're pretty much setting yourself up to be knocked down here.

You should just delete this thread, obviously nobody is going to measure up to whatever "leet" standards you have set. This thread just screams "hey every gfx person come here so I can tell you that you suck and that my gfx person is better! hahaha!"

Old 03-30-2003, 05:52 PM
US Marine
Wow...exactly what I wanted to say. I just wouldn't have said it as well =P. I agree 110% with konidias, and I must add you guys were just owned