Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 07:19 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
What caused Zone to die? I understand it was quite popular at one time but why did people leave so quickly?
Perhaps because their manager was a notorious hacker? I'm talking about PowerProNL.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:21 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What caused Zone to die? I understand it was quite popular at one time but why did people leave so quickly?
graal v5
Old 12-31-2011, 07:24 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
graal v5
Elaborate?
Old 12-31-2011, 08:30 PM
****in' Allstar
Feonix will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Feonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare1 View Post
Only because they are mad that a nub like you is beating them.. Kiddin'... or am I?
always hatin' bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
Perhaps because their manager was a notorious hacker? I'm talking about PowerProNL.
That would make 2, as I remember CM hacking when he was a little noob.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Billy Allan
Knightmare1 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Elaborate?
When v5 came out, with the trial restrictions and observer mode all the trials started leaving. Zone was 75% trials. The people with gold had less people to kill, so they started leaving. Ta-dah!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Coder
Programmer has a spectacular aura aboutProgrammer has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Programmer Send a message via MSN to Programmer Send a message via Yahoo to Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare1 View Post
When v5 came out, with the trial restrictions and observer mode all the trials started leaving. Zone was 75% trials. The people with gold had less people to kill, so they started leaving. Ta-dah!
This is one of the many reasons that Zone died:
  • Lack of reasonable updates
  • Cash shop
  • Unfair trial restrictions
  • Less trials for subscribers to kill
  • Incompetent managers
  • and ultimately, a certain greedy Stefan.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:39 PM
anubis_wing will become famous soon enough
Too many guns, not enough ponies. Led to the untimely and certain decimation of Zone.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis_wing View Post
Too many guns, not enough ponies. Led to the untimely and certain decimation of Zone.
Damn pony stealers.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:11 AM
Zen*
496815 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 496815
Quote:
Well, ya know having SN put you in charge wasn't much help. What really screwed us was you putting PowerProNL in charge so thank you for ruining Zone just a bit more.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:18 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 496815 View Post
Well, ya know having SN put you in charge wasn't much help. What really screwed us was you putting PowerProNL in charge so thank you for ruining Zone just a bit more.
Zone PC was a lost cause long before I got my hands on it. Sadly, there aren't enough skilled developers - Zone has potential.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:20 AM
Spirit Crusher
Nasgoroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Nasgoroth
Quote:
Zone PC was a lost cause long before I got my hands on it. There aren't enough skilled developers.
Or competent players
Old 01-06-2012, 04:34 AM
Zen*
496815 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 496815
Quote:
Zone PC was a lost cause long before I got my hands on it. Sadly, there aren't enough skilled developers - Zone has potential.
Yes you're right, putting him in charge was definitely not even remotely a good decision. You should have just sat on it instead of giving it to a *****.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:27 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
This is one of the many reasons that Zone died:
  • Lack of reasonable updates
  • Cash shop
  • Unfair trial restrictions
  • Less trials for subscribers to kill
  • Incompetent managers
  • and ultimately, a certain greedy Stefan.
To be honest, the cash shop was implemented after Zone had already died. It was during Contiga's mini-revival (if you could call it that) that we got that, and by then a lot of people had left. Anyone with half a brain probably left asap (not so many, being Zone and all) because of the imbalance it created, but it wasn't the cause of death.

Tougher restrictions on trials, change of P2P model(remember that back then, before v5, the subscription system was different), no incentive to actually pay for Zone, and lack of attention towards the development of the server led to its demise. Zone isn't coming back, not on normal Graal anyway.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
To be honest the player count of Zone was fine with v5 and gelat shop, but it was just not made for keeping people stay on the server, it's more event-driven than most other Graal servers. The soon-to-be-released iPhone version will have more persistent and non-pvp content.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:33 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
To be honest the player count of Zone was fine with v5 and gelat shop
Not really, no. Also, you wanted to add non-PvP content to PC Zone a long time ago, yet that never happened. Could've saved it though.