Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
if GK iPhone was finished it'd work for PC aswell with modifications
Personally id like to see iPhone GK first, and I like the idea of any ios server to be pc accessable too.. still waiting on zone to do that tho that could help revive gk and zone
Old 02-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
The only right way to fix GK, IMO is for a total rescript and reset. To remove all the C++ dependant features and allow for more flexability in scripts.
I realized that a long time ago when I was first given GK's list of archetypes. It eventually led me to doing my own thing instead.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:31 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
ignorant to do anything besides create new content

Old 02-15-2013, 08:01 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
ignorant to do anything besides create new content
easter's comin up bro. we got some new **** comin out bro
you see

we give out these easter shovels u following me m8?
and u use these shovels anywhere on the gmap
and you have a chance to dig up these easter eggs right?
now heres the catch
there are 5 kinds of eggs: 1 red, 1 blue, 1 yellow, 1 black and 1 white
if you collect 300 of each egg
you can trade it in at the xmas shop (sorry we had to use pre-existing levels due to time constraints)
so you trade it in for a Overlords Mystery Egg
and you use a torch on it.
and guess wot?
it drops an item.

get hyped bro
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
get hyped bro
Old 02-15-2013, 09:25 PM
StormYs will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Well a reset would allow many bugs to be fixed that can't really be fixed now, too late. I would rather an alternative fix be applied but I don't see one. So if there was a reset a lot of the "broken" would be "fixed" and would look a lot different.
Maybe I should of explained what I meant with broken or perhaps I should of used the word incomplete, I dunno. Anyway under the word broken I meant the pk system, the alchemy system, the job system, the class system etc. All of these were added into GK but non of them were ever finished...by far!

What I see as the core problem of GK is the lack of decent content, such as only having a few baddies or build optimalisation etc, that GK has in combination with these incomplete thingies that I mentioned above.

So if a reset would fix all these problems, then hell yea I am all in for a reset. But this is not the case I think, the reset might fix some bugs and stuff but not the core problem that gk has which is incompletion to the max.

This is kinda how I see it.
GK is like a girl who actually is a tranny, looks good on first sight only until u take a better look.

Last edited by StormYs; 02-15-2013 at 09:37 PM..
Old 02-15-2013, 09:59 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
easter's comin up bro. we got some new **** comin out bro
you see

we give out these easter shovels u following me m8?
and u use these shovels anywhere on the gmap
and you have a chance to dig up these easter eggs right?
now heres the catch
there are 5 kinds of eggs: 1 red, 1 blue, 1 yellow, 1 black and 1 white
if you collect 300 of each egg
you can trade it in at the xmas shop (sorry we had to use pre-existing levels due to time constraints)
so you trade it in for a Overlords Mystery Egg
and you use a torch on it.
and guess wot?
it drops an item.

get hyped bro
I.. I think I love you?
Old 02-15-2013, 10:40 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
make a new server or update a lot and beta test it prior to a full reset

Old 02-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
make a new server or update a lot and beta test it prior to a full reset
I don't think a reset will ever happen. If there was a decent way to have items swapped out, with a new system that could be implimented that would work better but then you run into the problem about item stats. Since many items are created out of thin air and there no base stat's to actually compare to *bummer*..

Still tho updates are happening to GK as we speak, well being developed.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:20 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Still tho updates are happening to GK as we speak, well being developed.
Bjorn
Old 02-19-2013, 07:18 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Bjorn
These guys are volunteering their free time and talent to try to bring new content to a server they love. Don't belittle them or mock the effort - it's very discouraging.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
These guys are volunteering their free time and talent to try to bring new content to a server they love. Don't belittle them or mock the effort - it's very discouraging.
The devs have mocked and belittled the playerbase. This is a problem on both sides. We still love the server as much as the devs do.

The issue is the very clear disconnect between dev and player. Player feedback is rarely asked for and even rarer is it for the feedback to be taken into consideration. If the management would speak up and make it clear what's in store for GK I think the playerbase would improve its attitude.

If you're implying the players don't love the server I'd be really offended.
Quote:
Old 02-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
The devs have mocked and belittled the playerbase. This is a problem on both sides. We still love the server as much as the devs do.
Where?

Quote:
The issue is the very clear disconnect between dev and player. Player feedback is rarely asked for and even rarer is it for the feedback to be taken into consideration. If the management would speak up and make it clear what's in store for GK I think the playerbase would improve its attitude.
You make it sounds like there's a constant hum of development; the reality is that development can only occur when there are workers available. In this scenario... workers are available.

But here's the reality of voluntary development - people don't want to "work" on project... they want to work on projects they love. And even more than this, people won't just work on a project for long unless it's something that interests them.

So yes... ideally we would all say "what's next?" but the reality is that it's usually a single developer or a developer and a few friends working on something they're excited about - even if they don't have the technical expertise required they will learn as they go because it's something they're passionate about.

If these willing few want to discuss their developments then I leave it to their own discretion, they are after all volunteering their work.

The irony here is that Felix is one of the players I will refer to when I need an opinion or suggestion.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Where?

You make it sounds like there's a constant hum of development; the reality is that development can only occur when there are workers available. In this scenario... workers are available.

But here's the reality of voluntary development - people don't want to "work" on project... they want to work on projects they love. And even more than this, people won't just work on a project for long unless it's something that interests them.

So yes... ideally we would all say "what's next?" but the reality is that it's usually a single developer or a developer and a few friends working on something they're excited about - even if they don't have the technical expertise required they will learn as they go because it's something they're passionate about.

If these willing few want to discuss their developments then I leave it to their own discretion, they are after all volunteering their work.

The irony here is that Felix is one of the players I will refer to when I need an opinion or suggestion.
Both Nico's and Tashkin's behaviour is analogous to the behaviour of the negative players. At least in my experience.

And yes I'm often asked for opinions and ideas but unfortunately these are projects which are far in the future and are more often than not put on hold. Which is understandable given the resources you have.

I'm thinking about the short term fixes like EC shop and the items that are put into it. Item balance is a very important part of GK and in the past 2 years I feel like that has been tossed into the bin and people have just riffed with it and ended up with the **** we have today. There are plenty of smart players on the server that are very familiar with the intricacies of stat distribution on GK - they should be involved somehow.

I'd also like to see the developers ask the players what they would like to see and also explain to the players their limitations - both in terms of resources as well as actual technical limitations. I think if there's an open dialogue between the developers and the players a lot of the dissapointment is avoided when the nth recycled seasonal event is released for instance.
Quote:
Old 02-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Both Nico's and Tashkin's behaviour is analogous to the behaviour of the negative players. At least in my experience.

And yes I'm often asked for opinions and ideas but unfortunately these are projects which are far in the future and are more often than not put on hold. Which is understandable given the resources you have.

I'm thinking about the short term fixes like EC shop and the items that are put into it. Item balance is a very important part of GK and in the past 2 years I feel like that has been tossed into the bin and people have just riffed with it and ended up with the **** we have today. There are plenty of smart players on the server that are very familiar with the intricacies of stat distribution on GK - they should be involved somehow.

I'd also like to see the developers ask the players what they would like to see and also explain to the players their limitations - both in terms of resources as well as actual technical limitations. I think if there's an open dialogue between the developers and the players a lot of the dissapointment is avoided when the nth recycled seasonal event is released for instance.
At the moment we have some things on the list which is being developed on. If you have any suggestions for future updates you can send me them via Forum PM or even use [email protected].

Often Players just bash at the staff, and think they can do everything better. Thats one of the reasons alot of Staff already resigned and stopped working, because of this ungratefull community. We still try to release new stuff and even revamp old stuff to make it usefull again. It will take some time, not saying these things will be upp tomorrow or next week.

We will try to release everything with the Seasonal Easter Events.

If you want to help us in any way, you can again PM me or using the email way.

Thanks.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed