Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-27-2007, 04:51 AM
D4rKv310c1ty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
I was just reading a wiki article about MapleStory DS which is due out in Korea in September. It will mark the first MMO on the DS (or a handheld for that matter?) I wonder what the systems reqs for MapleStory's PC version are compared to Graal's...

Hmm. But according to the info on Wikipedia MapleStory DS will only support up to "2-4 player party mode" which isn't very "MMO"
It's not always about reqs. Alot of it is coding too, even so in some levels and areas Graal could easily crash a system DS because it would overflow it's memory too much.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:23 AM
OMGosh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rKv310c1ty View Post
Dev kit, Schmev kit. You can make an offline version but (this has been said already) it defies the point of Graal online and most probably will be a cheap rip of Zelda.

Stefans already said, the DS just simply can't handle the page memory overflow.
NO.
If you've got nothing to contribute about Graal being put out on a system as an offline adventure game, don't say anything at all. You're going WAY off topic. It would be used as a promotion/marketting strategy for the REAL Graal. Also, how could it NOT be a knock-off of Zelda, it used to be called "Zelda Online Adventures," Graal wouldn't exist if it didn't look so Zelda-like.

Stop going off topic, you're all bothering me. More for Stefan to read means less to be done.

(If you disagree, and think nothing will happen, SHUT UP because nobody here gives a crap about your opinion.)

Good Day/Night.
Lufish Darkmane (Ventrue) (Tue Jun 19 03:11:09 2007): This is graal, there's no reason to be staff other than corruption.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Well i been lookin at this ds web browser that was just recently released. It includes a ram expansion of 8mb that will connect in the gba slot. Search "Nintendo_DS_Memory_Expansion_Pak" in wikipedia for more information. The new Ds web browser supports java but not flash

Whoopsie, haunter mentioned the memory extension. But he didnt mention the browsers capability!

It wouldve been cool if the ds browser could take some media but it says it cant support videos so thats a bummer.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)

Last edited by MysticX2X; 07-27-2007 at 08:06 AM..
Old 07-27-2007, 12:36 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGosh View Post
(If you disagree, and think nothing will happen, SHUT UP because nobody here gives a crap about your opinion.)
Like anyone cares about your opinion even if you agree?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:44 PM
Quote:
If you've got nothing to contribute about Graal being put out on a system as an offline adventure game, don't say anything at all. You're going WAY off topic. It would be used as a promotion/marketting strategy for the REAL Graal. Also, how could it NOT be a knock-off of Zelda, it used to be called "Zelda Online Adventures," Graal wouldn't exist if it didn't look so Zelda-like.

Stop going off topic, you're all bothering me. More for Stefan to read means less to be done.

Good Day/Night.
Like Gerami said, who cares about your oppinion if "no one" cares about ours.

It doesn't matter how much Stefan reads, it's still
Not-Going-To-Be-Done.

Exactly, so if there's already a real Zelda out and Graal obviously being majorly influenced by Zelda it wouldn't do Graal any good in the first place. Players will notice that it is a cheap rip of Zelda and the offline version wouldn't proceed at all in the first place in the retail market.

Go ahead, make cheap offline versions with all your fancy so-called Dev kits, and then eventually distribute it as a free ROM, because at the end of the day it's going to stay as a free ROM and it'd infringe copyright laws if anyone else other than Linux Cyberjouers sold it as a properly packaged retail version.

OK, talking about Mystic. 4MB of Memory added onto the expansion 8MB is still 12MB. That is far from enough for an online version of Graal online to be ported to a DS. Although this inspires hope in that someone could create a device which holds a large amount of memory at this moment of time, there is none.

Get it into your head OMGosh, it's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Atleast not for a system like DS. I'm not saying I personally dislike the DS, I love it. I have one myself and even an emulator card to play rips and etc, but it's system is too weak for the Graal client and could easily crash at any point.

Maybe, just maybe it'll be easier to port to Xbox as there is a keyboard peripheral that you can buy for it, but what with the Xbox slowly morphing into a computer system you may iswell just sit at your desk and thrash the S button whilst posting rant threads about GK on the forums (which is what Graal mostly consists of).

Even if it was ported, the game pad controller would still prove inconvenience. It'd simply be too hard to play with, I once used a PS2 similar looking controller (USB) on the PC and tried to play to Graal, result? Too hard.

Just no..
NO.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:51 PM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
Quote:

Even if it was ported, the game pad controller would still prove inconvenience. It'd simply be too hard to play with, I once used a PS2 similar looking controller (USB) on the PC and tried to play to Graal, result? Too hard.

Just no..
NO.
You could always play with the D pad, I doubt this will happen though.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:57 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Not-Going-To-Be-Done.
free
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
NO.
Nice use of bold, capitals, and large letters
Old 07-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
Nice use of bold, capitals, and large letters
Thank you.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
I have a solution.Click image for larger version

Name:	Zelda.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	42198
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 07-27-2007, 08:06 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Technically I think Nintendo's only qualm with 'Zelda Online' was the fact that it was called 'Zelda Online'. Now there isn't that many similarities. Unless Nintendo hold a grudge, I don't think this will stop it.

I think time, finances and hardware will prevent this project.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Can that 'Darkvelocity' person be banned from this thread? He's not contributing at all. Who the hell would go and play a 2d-ish game on an xbox?

That's like releasing Pong for the PS3. Wtf?
Lufish Darkmane (Ventrue) (Tue Jun 19 03:11:09 2007): This is graal, there's no reason to be staff other than corruption.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Why would they need to waste their time porting it to DS? If they could be using that time fixing v5, finishing graal 3d, etc.

If i was in any wireless zone, itd be my house and i could just play graal on my laptop.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 07-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Graal 3D was a failure. As I told you, and everyone else before, this is not to target already-playing players, it's to target non-players and get them to play.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:01 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Graal 3D was a failure. As I told you, and everyone else before, this is not to target already-playing players, it's to target non-players and get them to play.
Finishing the current projects and looking into advertising would also target non-players...probably alot more effectively.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:01 AM
Graal 3D
UberModeKappa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to UberModeKappa
Quote:
You're coming off as a know-it-all (douche bag).

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.