Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Zone Oracle
Huwajux will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Huwajux Send a message via MSN to Huwajux
All of it is fine besides the strafing with pistols. I find that acceptable, just so long as the person does not run away and fire backwards while strafing.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:46 AM
Wedge has 7 Rep Points :D
Tracker180 is an unknown quantity at this point
what about backstrafing with photon? or using EP? those are indirect violations of the code of condust

Quote:
This message has been deleted by Chris. Reason: replied to deleted post (don't hurt me Crono =()
Old 07-30-2007, 08:52 AM
Jin
Black_Wallstreet is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker180 View Post
what about backstrafing with photon? or using EP? those are indirect violations of the code of condust
That would be considered lame, but in the words of Jesse "Nothing is lame, because everyone can do it"
Old 07-30-2007, 02:54 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huwajux View Post
just so long as the person does not run away and fire backwards while strafing.
Does anyone know someone who does that? *cough* gambet *cough*
Old 07-31-2007, 02:05 AM
Wedge has 7 Rep Points :D
Tracker180 is an unknown quantity at this point
I use to do it every once in a while in spars lol never won one like that

Quote:
This message has been deleted by Chris. Reason: replied to deleted post (don't hurt me Crono =()
Old 08-01-2007, 11:44 PM
I'ma Pimp Toast!!
Leoxx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Leoxx
the strafing part is part of opinion, not a rule. i strafe every once ina while, expecually when the idiot is trying to run up on me with pistols (i hate that so bad..)

This is Bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him achieve world dominance. =]
Old 08-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Timberland Xanadu
HitmanJ2XX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I find that the number one reason strafing is lame, is because nobody actually incorporates it into their fighting. Were it commonplace the idea of strafing might be reversed.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:55 AM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
MisterMastermind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MisterMastermind Send a message via MSN to MisterMastermind
Strafing is deemed unacceptable because at a certain level of skill, strafing is easily beaten, and doesn't have a chance against someone who doesn't. Yet people who aren't at that skill level don't strafe as it becomes useless when they get amazingly good, they frown upon those who do use it. My favorite feeling on zone was when I had just mowed down two or three newbs back strafing by being able to move one direction and quickly change directions, shoot, and change back.

I believe in karma, so that I may do bad things to people and assume they deserve it.

Much love to all of the Xanadu's; Pip, BrAwLeR, Huwajux, Jo, KDS, RayP2P, Kenjaro, TripleE, Rykuz, Stoned4Life, juice188, Albi5erind, Tenchry_P2P, ryohazuki90, littlec, Snoro, MajinDragon, Allen, Spanishmafia1643, zwill, Wolfey, HitmanJ2XX, and UnknownMastermind.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Jin
Black_Wallstreet is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMastermind View Post
Strafing is deemed unacceptable because at a certain level of skill, strafing is easily beaten, and doesn't have a chance against someone who doesn't. Yet people who aren't at that skill level don't strafe as it becomes useless when they get amazingly good, they frown upon those who do use it. My favorite feeling on zone was when I had just mowed down two or three newbs back strafing by being able to move one direction and quickly change directions, shoot, and change back.
Not true, at all. Although I do agree that most people fail when they try to strafe, some strafers are nearly unbeatable. One in particular, is by far the best strafer of all time, and maybe even the best ever, although he is often underrated. First starting Graal, I looked up to Gambet. We became friends on Zone, and I often admired his skill. When strafing, he could easily kill 10-15 people at once. Now, this was easier back than because their were no real lame guns, but this is still a great task that I have never seen done by anyone else. I consider strafing to be tactful and a way of Zone. If it wasnt needed, it wouldnt be here.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:46 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Wallstreet View Post
Not true, at all. Although I do agree that most people fail when they try to strafe, some strafers are nearly unbeatable. One in particular, is by far the best strafer of all time, and maybe even the best ever, although he is often underrated. First starting Graal, I looked up to Gambet. We became friends on Zone, and I often admired his skill. When strafing, he could easily kill 10-15 people at once. Now, this was easier back than because their were no real lame guns, but this is still a great task that I have never seen done by anyone else. I consider strafing to be tactful and a way of Zone. If it wasnt needed, it wouldnt be here.
I will say this about gambet. Strafing had worked out for him. It won him rp. But he also backstrafes a lot.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:12 AM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
MisterMastermind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MisterMastermind Send a message via MSN to MisterMastermind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Wallstreet View Post
Not true, at all. Although I do agree that most people fail when they try to strafe, some strafers are nearly unbeatable.
Strafing has less overall potential than those who don't strafe. Gambet is a good strafer, but at his prime there are those who could have just demolished him if he strafed.

I believe in karma, so that I may do bad things to people and assume they deserve it.

Much love to all of the Xanadu's; Pip, BrAwLeR, Huwajux, Jo, KDS, RayP2P, Kenjaro, TripleE, Rykuz, Stoned4Life, juice188, Albi5erind, Tenchry_P2P, ryohazuki90, littlec, Snoro, MajinDragon, Allen, Spanishmafia1643, zwill, Wolfey, HitmanJ2XX, and UnknownMastermind.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:50 PM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMastermind View Post
I think jin is right <<.Gambet + john. ]: Johns a nub. I sparred gambet once i think. And lost D:. But strafeing is a bit predictable if you fight againest it alot.