Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-25-2004, 03:21 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Graal Basics: 101

Not sure if this has been done before, if not, then great, if it has, well, there's always room for updates .

NOTE: This is pretty much a review on how graal basically works, game play, different server styles, different tabs (i.e gold, classic, hosted)...etc.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Table Of Contents:

I. Account Types
II. Classic Tab
III. Hosted Tab
IV. Gold Tab
V. Private Playerworlds
VI. Things you may learn

///////////////////

I. Account Types

In graal, there are currently a total of 4 account types.

. Trial
. P2P
. Gold
. VIP

A trial account, you could say, is like a "demo" account. I mean it's a "demo" account because a trial account, just like demo's, have limitations. A trial account is a "free" account, in other words, you dont have to pay for one. While using a trial account the only servers you can get on are Classic Tab Servers (For Classic Tab Server explanation, view section II). Many of the players on graal usually hang around the Classic Tab servers so some people might think, "wow, i get to play in some pretty neat servers in which most of graal players....for free!?", well, sorry to burst your bubble. While it's true you can get on classic tab servers, theres also some flaws to it. When playing graal, everything you do is saved under your account. Sort of like an automatic save function, but, on trial accounts, when you get off a server and come back, you are automatically reset. This means that everything you did would be reset and you would have to do it all over again. Trial accounts are free of charge, but its not really worth it since you cant save any progress you might make.

A P2P account, or a Classic account, is an account type which just like a trial account, only has access to the Classic Tab servers, BUT, a P2P account member has the special automatic save feature i was talking about. If you have a P2P account, and you get on a server and do a lot, when you get off and return, everything you did would be saved and you dont have to start over. The two main differences that differ a Trial account to a P2P account is that the P2P account has the special automatic save feature, and you have to pay for a P2P account.

A Gold account, is an account type in which you have access to the Gold Tab, Classic Tab, and the Hosted Tab. A gold account member, can get on the special gold server "Graal Kingdoms", they can also access the Hosted Tab (For Hosted Tab Server explanation, view section III). A gold account member has that special automatic save feature on every server they visit, and they can also visit Private Playerworlds. You also have to pay to get a Gold account.

The last account type on the list is a VIP account. A VIP member has a few interesting features. A VIP member can access Private Playerworlds, Hosted Tab Playerworlds, and Classic Tab Playerworlds. A long with access to these server tabs, when you subscribe to become a VIP member, you get a special (VIP) tag. You also get a graal.net webspace and a lot of other things you might find interesting. A VIP member has the same features as a Gold account except a VIP member cant access the Gold tab.

NOTE: Once you buy any of the paid account types, your "Classic" status never expires. Gold and VIP may run out, but you'll never go back all the way to Trial.

II. Classic Tab

The Classic Tab carries all of the "public" servers. Every server in the Classic Tab is public to every account type. Most players on Graal play servers on the Classic Tab.

The Classic Tab servers include:

Unholy Nation
Valikorlia
Delteria
Graal The Adventure (Also known as "Classic")
Era
N-Pulse
Babylon
Maloria
Shaded Legend
Atlantis

All of those servers are public to everyone, and each include different events, different npc's, different game play, and a different enviornment and background. Each server has it's own unique "something" about it, and no one should judge a server until they've played it to the fullest extent.

III. Hosted Tab

The Hosted Tab is a Tab of servers which have a decent amount of levels and player activities (I.E Events, Npc's, etc), but just aren't ready to go to the Classic Tab. When a Private Playerworld has enough levels, and player activities to keep players entertained and not bored senseless, they are moved to the Hosted Tab so that players can test, and enjoy the server before they finish it up and possibly head to the Classic Tab (a.k.a go public).

The Hosted Tab servers include:

Zenkou
Endora
Dark Diamond
Faded Edge
Graal X

IV. Gold Tab

The Gold Tab is a Tab of currently only one "public" server. This server is only "public" to the users which have a Gold Type Account. P2P type users have the ability to get on the "public" gold server called "Graal Kingdoms", but if they log off and get back on, then they will be reset. So, in other words, P2P and VIP type accounts can get on Graal Kingdoms, but they act as if they were trial accounts. Another benefit of VIP type accounts is that VIP type accounts act like Gold type accounts on saturdays and sometimes sundays. To make things a bit clear, VIP type accounts only get the "automatic save" feature on Graal Kingdoms on the weekends. There are also some other servers in the Gold Tab but they can only be accessed if given proper access by Stefan or unixmad.

Some Private Gold Servers would Include:

Debug
ScriptDev

etc...

V. Private Playerworlds

Private Playerworlds are "hidden" servers which are currently under heavy development. Private Playerworlds can be purchased, but you have to form a team to build the server yourself. A player can only access Private Playerworlds if they have a Gold type account, VIP type account, or both. If you dont have a Gold or VIP type account and you try to access a Private Playerworld, then you will get an error box with the message "You need to register an account." Private Playerworlds are not listed anywhere, so to find out their names, you would need to run the Remote-Control program, which shows a complete list of every server. The servers with Gold next to them are obviously Gold Tab servers. The servers with nothing next to them are Classic Tab servers, and the servers with a red triangle next to them are private or hosted playerworlds.

VI. Things you may learn

In graal, you may choose to learn how to script, make levels, make graphics, make gani's, make sound effects, organize events, help out others, security or monitor a server, and much more things. If you want to learn how to script then you will gain some math skills and you will gain some knowledge on C++. If you want to make levels then you will learn more about x,y and you will learn how to design something to perfection. If you want to make graphics then you were learn about pixels and how to shade things or mix things together to make a work of art. If you want to make gani's, then you will learn about graal movement, and different character actions. If you want to make sound effects, then you will learn how to make different sounds for different types of moods or scenes. If you want to organize events, then you will learn to interact with players and you will learn some responsibility. If you wish to help out others, well, this one is pretty much self explanatory. And finally if you wish to security or monitor a server, you will learn different ways to catch hackers, you will learn how to make the server safe for all players, and you will pretty much keep the enviornment and the server safe for everyone to have fun and roam around without worries.

Well, i worked very hard on this, and i hope it's clear enough for everyone to understand and so that new players can get a feeling on how graal works.

Enjoy.

Author:

-SkyBlazer Rain

I would appreciate all feedback. Let me know what you think, dont be shy .

Last edited by Gambet; 08-25-2004 at 04:17 AM..
Old 08-25-2004, 03:23 AM
VHE Monkey
middo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to middo
:o nice work. Even though I didn't consider any of that to be hard to figure out XD but I'm me, and noofs will be noofs.

Good work.
No offense but: If we are on the forums, and paid for an account, I think we would have figured some of this out, but good work anyways.

May the force be with you.

//#OFFTOPIC
Still not as 1337 as my VHE tutorial.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:26 AM
Not everyone on the forums is a paid subscriber. You can always be on as an unregistered user and some people just do that so they can see how graal works (I.E New Members). Which is pretty much what this is all about. This is for the new members or for some who dont understand yet how some things work.

Old 08-25-2004, 03:33 AM
Zvarri!
TESTRETIS has a spectacular aura about
Very nice SB
Old 08-25-2004, 04:00 AM
Foxy
Butz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Butz
Nicely written, but you might want to add that once you buy any of the paid account types, your "Classic" status never expires. Gold and VIP may run out, but you'll never go back all the way to Trial. (At least, not as things are right now..>.>)
Other than that, well done.

FoxKelfonne @ DeviantART(updated: Dec 14, 2010)
Many Thanks to konidias for my avatar

Shawn Kelfonne - Aegis Mage of Dustari
Old 08-25-2004, 04:17 AM
Thanks Butz, guess i missed that, anyways i added it .
Old 08-25-2004, 05:07 AM
married to Okilian
Okilian will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Okilian
very well done. I think people who go searching the forums will find this useful.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:16 AM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
Long text, nicely written, good work.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:20 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Nice job
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 08-25-2004, 05:26 AM
MysticalMatrix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MysticalMatrix
Wow Skyblazer, Nice Job

"You couldn't fool your mother on the foolingest day of your life even if you had an electrified fooling machine!" - Homer Simpson

Old 08-25-2004, 05:32 AM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Don't call classic accounts 'p2p'.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:18 AM
Eagle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Eagle
Nicely done. I'm sure it will be a help to some of the newer players.

AIM : FCartman007
Old account - 190
Old 08-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Tipo Del Sig. Nizza
RagedWebJAL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RagedWebJAL Send a message via Yahoo to RagedWebJAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
Don't call classic accounts 'p2p'.
LOL!!
Lance just killed the happy mood. xD
Therefore, I am Perfect.

./\_/\
(^_^)
(")_(")

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52328&page=25&pp=15&highlight=Pic tures
Old 08-25-2004, 09:34 PM
Thank you everyone.

Oh and Lance....ill make sure to remember that .
Old 08-25-2004, 09:51 PM
Lylic < Me
XiLe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XiLe Send a message via MSN to XiLe
Indeed. P2P means Pay to Play. Classic accounts aren't paying. Also, don't forget to mention Gold+VIP accounts, where they get all the webhosting and GK every day. And uh VIP can access gold tab on weekends.