Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-09-2007, 01:48 AM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
No it doesnt LOL. Lets not forget the ps3's graphics and capabilities of running blueray and even multimedia.

post 900
Lets not forget that even though the ps3 has more graphics capabilities that developers are struggling to create games for it and that it costs way more to develop for the ps3 (thus the slew of ps3 "exclusive" titles coming to the 360).

Blu-Ray is simply a matter of preference when it comes to HD DVD Even though Blu Ray can hold more data, you probably couldnt tell a difference.

Run the ps3 and the xbox 360 next to one another though, if you want to see graphics capabilities, and youll notice that the 360 graphics are much more crisp and clear at 720p then the ps3.

ALSO, quit stealing gozeldas gimmick, get your own.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:04 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
It doesn't matter really, he said that the 360 has better hardware, and that's not true. Everything you said may be true, but it doesn't make the hardware worse.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:17 AM
What?
ceserthen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ceserthen
I heard that graal is originaly based off the tourqe game engine, if this is true it makes it easier to shift over a program designed for a pc over to a 360.

ZONE GFX BLOG (PART #1)
Old 05-09-2007, 02:25 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Graal3D is I think.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:31 AM
Graal 3D
UberModeKappa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to UberModeKappa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceserthen View Post
I heard that graal is originaly based off the tourqe game engine, if this is true it makes it easier to shift over a program designed for a pc over to a 360.
Graal 3D.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:12 AM
Rapidwolve is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
The Xbox 360 even has better hardware, why are you still going with the PS3?
How do you figure
Old 05-09-2007, 03:19 AM
Deadly_Killer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceserthen View Post
Not exactly 'originally'.

Originally, Graal3D was something Stefan made himself. Never released, doubt it went far.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:44 AM
Rapidwolve is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly_Killer View Post
Not exactly 'originally'.

Originally, Graal3D was something Stefan made himself. Never released, doubt it went far.
I don't know about if it was something he made himself, I'm sure he had some help, but as far as it never went far it is still being developed now. What you saw was a preview of G3D, but for some reason the preview lasted more then it should have
Old 05-09-2007, 03:57 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy0687 View Post
Lets not forget that even though the ps3 has more graphics capabilities that developers are struggling to create games for it and that it costs way more to develop for the ps3 (thus the slew of ps3 "exclusive" titles coming to the 360).

Blu-Ray is simply a matter of preference when it comes to HD DVD Even though Blu Ray can hold more data, you probably couldnt tell a difference.

Run the ps3 and the xbox 360 next to one another though, if you want to see graphics capabilities, and youll notice that the 360 graphics are much more crisp and clear at 720p then the ps3.

ALSO, quit stealing gozeldas gimmick, get your own.
All in good time, games will be made. There's already nice releases out now. But just wait until ps3 gets more releases and you'll see the full power of the graphics card.I rank ps3 better than any other system out there if we were going down to hardware and multimedia. Wii for gameplay. I just never saw a differnce between xbox and 360, oh wow better graphics. Online games are still *** on it since you gotta pay for live

Ps3 came out a full year after 360, im pretty sure they topped everything. Most people are against ps3 because of the price.

But lets compare what ps3 can do with 360. Wii isnt in this since wii is the best with gameplay toppling.
ps3:
multimedia
You can actually install a OS on it. Linux.
Run music, videos, dvds, bluray, pictures. It's like everything a psp can do. I think you can download old ps1 games on it also.
xbox360:
well dont know much but just playing on some you can just play games or go on live or put in a music or dvd cd.

Probably true their graphics are similar, but looking at xbox360, didnt see much. Ps3 is a better with texture though. And i guess the lighting in the 360 can be better. But just wait

And im sure gozelda didnt make up the postcount thing. Maybe consistently and i just said it because of 900 posts.

post 903. oops did i say it again.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-09-2007, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidwolve View Post
I don't know about if it was something he made himself, I'm sure he had some help, but as far as it never went far it is still being developed now. What you saw was a preview of G3D, but for some reason the preview lasted more then it should have
I am talking about the period of 2001-2002..

The current uses Torque's Engine.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:00 AM
Ya, the old demo was a chibi-like person(much to the same proportions of the 2D sprites) on a large flat square, with little platforms floating around.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Ya, the old demo was a chibi-like person(much to the same proportions of the 2D sprites) on a large flat square, with little platforms floating around.
and a green floor!
Old 05-09-2007, 07:07 AM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
All in good time, games will be made. There's already nice releases out now. But just wait until ps3 gets more releases and you'll see the full power of the graphics card.
This is the most irritating thing to me when it comes to games and thats that Graphics DO NOT EQUAL gameplay. I dont want to see the power of the graphics card I want to see the developers making some quality games for a change.

Quote:
I just never saw a differnce between xbox and 360, oh wow better graphics. Online games are still *** on it since you gotta pay for live
I give you this one since there isnt much of a difference except graphics, and live isnt that big of a deal its only like 60 dollars a year.

Quote:
Ps3 came out a full year after 360, im pretty sure they topped everything.
Timeframe dosent mean anything except that the games library would be a little worse in comparison to something else, its just fact that programming for the ps3 is more costly then say, the 360, which caused some developers to pick a different platform (or in some cases multiplatform to try to cash in on both).

Quote:
ps3:
multimedia
You can actually install a OS on it. Linux.
Run music, videos, dvds, bluray, pictures. It's like everything a psp can do. I think you can download old ps1 games on it also.
When I buy a video game console there is really only one thing I care that it does or not and thats play video games I dont care if it has Linux, Windows, or something else on it as long as it plays games.

Quote:
Probably true their graphics are similar, but looking at xbox360, didnt see much. Ps3 is a better with texture though.
By the time they launch some First Party games that take full advantage of the ps3's special graphics itll be just a little too late.

OnTopic though cause i havent made a post on topic yet graal needs to focus on one thing and one thing at a time only to improve.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Xbox 360 and PS3 most likely use their own custom distro of Linux.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:05 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
No...Graal3D does NOT use the Torque engine anymore. All of Graal v4 is BASED off the Torque engine but none of it (including G3D) actually use it.