Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2007, 08:59 PM
myth-simba is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation New fun way for players to Roleplay!!

I'm back by the way

Anyways this is NOT an roleplaying lesson or an idea pending staff. This is a system i have thought of myself. Roleplaying on graal kingdoms can seem it does not make sense at all and players who actually try to Rp well can still muck things up.

I have made up 3 commands which you use in the form of brackets surrounding your action to tell fellow players what type of action it is you are doing.

Bracket 1 (( )) We all use these, they are unchanged. These are free action brackets. Basically actions like sword slashing, kissing and ect can be blocked if another player types an action inside to do so.

Bracket 2 :: :: These brackets are unblockable actions. Say for example you Rp as a powerful wizard. If you freeze somebody or knock them unconcious they must comply and cannot say 'spell fails' as a powerful wizard would not fail. You will remain in manipulation of the rper's action until he stops it, however... you cannot kill off players or repeatedly stop players rping with this!

Bracket 3 { } Instructions! instruct fellow rpers in situations. Say if you are fighting for example and you can only die one way or only vunrable at a certain time, instruct these people when to strike and so on.

Following these simply commands would turn rp into a little mini play. Maybe you'll even have spectators who knows. It would make rp a lot more fun.

I'm not forcing you to adopt these its just it makes it more fun for everyone if you do. Main reason i pointed this little system out was for my upcoming Rp event i'll be hosting sometime.

Thanks for your time everyone.

Hmph..
What are you looking at?
(Squadron Commander Chris Steele)
Old 01-10-2007, 09:11 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by myth-simba View Post
Bracket 1 (( )) We all use these, they are unchanged. These are free action brackets. Basically actions like sword slashing, kissing and ect can be blocked if another player types an action inside to do so.

Chris you might want to note that (( )) are OOC bracket and actions are * *.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:48 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by myth-simba View Post
Bracket 2 :: :: These brackets are unblockable actions. Say for example you Rp as a powerful wizard. If you freeze somebody or knock them unconcious they must comply and cannot say 'spell fails' as a powerful wizard would not fail. You will remain in manipulation of the rper's action until he stops it, however... you cannot kill off players or repeatedly stop players rping with this!
Outside of a few grandstanders/elitists, (who maybe do this occasionally. Maybe. Occasionally.) nobody does things this way. Stop trying to turn 2K2 into Valikorlia: Gold Edition.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:49 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
I hate your ideas, so I wont even read this thread and just make a spam post

Last edited by Crow; 01-11-2007 at 09:41 AM..
Old 01-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
I advice against roleplay on graal kingdoms.
The only effect it can have, is fun, and this fun is often ruined by people who say like: "Omg lol haha teh coo' rprz in bomboria, laugh at dem!"

Its hard to ignore, because it completely ruins the atmosphere.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:29 PM
jonnyrocks2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jonnyrocks2 Send a message via MSN to jonnyrocks2
Damn it Myth...You're dropping another set of Rep for that fail idea. -_-'
Originally Posted by Shawn Kelfonne
Pfft. It takes a real man to play a girl...
Old 01-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyrocks2 View Post
Damn it Myth...You're dropping another set of Rep for that fail idea. -_-'
RP is usually a good idea, but real rp is impossible on gk.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:42 AM
myth-simba is an unknown quantity at this point
xD

okay i'll shut up then lol.

Hmph..
What are you looking at?
(Squadron Commander Chris Steele)
Old 01-11-2007, 02:57 AM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
*smacks Chris with a foam cowboy hat*

Terrible idea to force a specific RPing style.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:39 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I see nothing wrong with acting in character, but I see a lot wrong with acting in character and then formatting your own behavior.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Zomg.
4jordan4 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 4jordan4 Send a message via MSN to 4jordan4
lol..?

Mayor Tiranis Lionheart of Rum Town (Crescent Pirates)
Old 01-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
People rp all the time just that you need to be around them and not the ppl who laugh and ruin it for other ppl. all the kingdoms do it. mmt does it. i sometimes hold a rp event. although i lost my spark for doing it. thank you ppl who said it was a waste. i say to them. GOTO ZONE AND KILL. GK is a rp server with pking abilities. Zone is for killing only. Go there and leave us rpers alone.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979
People rp all the time just that you need to be around them and not the ppl who laugh and ruin it for other ppl. all the kingdoms do it. mmt does it. i sometimes hold a rp event. although i lost my spark for doing it. thank you ppl who said it was a waste. i say to them. GOTO ZONE AND KILL. GK is a rp server with pking abilities. Zone is for killing only. Go there and leave us rpers alone.
Only a few roleplay on kingdoms. You can't exactly shut out the people who just want to play the game. Also, it's a large overstatement to say all kingdoms do it.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Only a few roleplay on kingdoms. You can't exactly shut out the people who just want to play the game. Also, it's a large overstatement to say all kingdoms do it.
I never see you on Drae. never. during the day (my time zone) there are rpers on there.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:51 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
I never see you on Drae. never. during the day (my time zone) there are rpers on there.
that is true but Draenin still has a point.