Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-11-2010, 08:31 PM
(⌒▽⌒)
joel34 is on a distinguished road
PvP drops

Instead of getting the original Platinum coins, I thought PvP Drops would fit. This could bring back PvP activity and maybe even players.

Yes, i know this idea is kind of bad, But...

You have 10% chance to get the item. You only get PvP Drops at a level range.

Example:

A lvl 110 can only kill for PvP Drop for those who is lvl 100-110.

Example 2:

A level 80 can kill for PvP Drop on the level 90's and 70's

If you get your PvP Drop, You dont get any platinum coins.

Now: You get platinum coins if you kill the opponent (If it has any)

If this idea comes up: You get a PvP Drop instead of platinum coins. However if you fail on getting the PvP drop, You get the original platinum coins.

Discuss.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Considering items on GK are very limited, and in most cases the current players have taken years to obtain their items, I don't think they would be willing to risk losing them.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:20 PM
hi
Jcs1919 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Jcs1919
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel34 View Post
Instead of getting the original Platinum coins, I thought PvP Drops would fit. This could bring back PvP activity and maybe even players.

Yes, i know this idea is kind of bad, But...

You have 10% chance to get the item. You only get PvP Drops at a level range.

Example:

A lvl 110 can only kill for PvP Drop for those who is lvl 100-110.

Example 2:

A level 80 can kill for PvP Drop on the level 90's and 70's

If you get your PvP Drop, You dont get any platinum coins.

Now: You get platinum coins if you kill the opponent (If it has any)

If this idea comes up: You get a PvP Drop instead of platinum coins. However if you fail on getting the PvP drop, You get the original platinum coins.

Discuss.
What is the Pvp drop?
Old 03-11-2010, 09:42 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcs1919 View Post
What is the Pvp drop?
You drop items (like platinum coins) when killed by another player (player versus player).

Last edited by Sam; 03-11-2010 at 11:02 PM..
Old 03-11-2010, 10:07 PM
(⌒▽⌒)
joel34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcs1919 View Post
What is the Pvp drop?
Eas,IWD,EW etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
You drop items (like platinum coins) when killed by another player (player versus player).
That's what i was trying to say. Platinum coins is kind of old.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:48 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
this is bad, very bad

Old 03-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
This is a very bad idea for the current state of GK. This obviously shows how little you know of the server. As someone previously stated, items on GK are extremely hard to come by since there's little-to-no content in the way of pve item drops or quest item rewards. It's taken me, and other players, years to get to where they are item wise, an update like this would only force players out of bmode - the very thing you've been trying to encourage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel34 View Post
Eas,IWD,EW etc.
This though, has left me confused but still content on voting No. Do you mean these would drop out of thin air or be the only things that drop from the player who has died? If from the player, it wouldn't encourage anything other than for players to keep their EA's, IWD's, EW's and others at home as they aren't a necessity to carry around. If out of thin air, it would be great for honest pkers, but as hard as EA's and IWD's are to spawn these days, the bandwagon for abusing would stretch from Samurai to Dustari.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:48 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Would definitely start playing GK a lot more if this was implemented.

I've always loved this idea, especially how some games like Tibia handles it. Die and you drop your item bag and % chance at other items too :3
Old 03-12-2010, 12:30 AM
zz
XyphosMisery is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XyphosMisery
Risk and reward.
}

Old 03-12-2010, 01:12 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Would definitely start playing GK a lot more if this was implemented.

I've always loved this idea, especially how some games like Tibia handles it. Die and you drop your item bag and % chance at other items too :3
I played tibia, it handles it well because there's enough content in the way of pve drops for this to be applicable. GK's just not ready. Lol you brought back memories, i hated the grind of Tibia so i used to play open Tibia.

Imagine you lost that Inferno sword or Demon Stone it took you months/years to save up for, once you lose it you'll be placed at a disadvantage in pvping and are unlikely to get it back since the person(s) who took your item can simply opt out of bmode. Moreover it's not guranteed you'd get it back first time, there's also no other way of getting such a valuable item again without usding or saving for months/years again. This is even more worrying for elite rares.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:03 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Don't forget that the PvP drops could easily be NPC'd resulting in you never getting them back at all. This kind of behavior would most likely spiral and effectively remove all rare items from the players that log on regularly.

GK would be better off with positive benefits to PKing, not double-edged ones like suggested in the OP.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:32 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Don't forget that the PvP drops could easily be NPC'd resulting in you never getting them back at all.
ya dude i just pked this Belt of Raging Dragon earlier, so i NPC'd it

Old 03-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
*lagout*
*naked*
Old 03-15-2010, 11:05 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
This wouldn't promote pvp activity, it would lower it; it would also increase people logging out when they're about to die and running into trade to avoid being killed.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 03-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
it would also increase people logging out when they're about to die and running into trade to avoid being killed.
Good lord, and here I thought it was happening constantly already. That would be horrible.