Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Kingdoms > Crescent Pirates
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-29-2004, 06:40 AM
kc5ikc is on a distinguished road
Pirate Crews and Captains

Sometime ago, ship crews once existed within the Kingdom, and over time things have kinda fallen apart on them. Its time to revive all this and bring our crews back into full swing again. So starting today, Captains should begin putting their ship names in tag, as well as their crews. Along with this, I am requesting that each Captain, send the First Lady or email to me the list of your crews as they stand. Any Captain not having a full crew by the 12th of May can expect action to be taken against them.

The Pirate Kingdom is in need of more active Captains and crews. Piracy within the Pirate waters and Mainland waters has been reinstated, and very few have taken action. Others I'm sure aren't even aware of this as they've not been online during the toguilds or just haven't been around when the messages were sent out.

Captains if your in question email me or contact me in game. I'll be happy to explain this, the concept of the Piracy or other messages in detail, but not all are meant to be posted here in the Forums. It would be nice to get emails of all Captains so more contact between us can be established.

Asst Governor,
Kerith Steele
[email protected]
Old 04-29-2004, 11:23 AM
tc_topcat is on a distinguished road
How many in a crew makes it a full crew? and is there enough active members to make these numbers?
Old 04-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Banned
Monkeyboy_McGee is on a distinguished road
I'd be happy to join a crew...once Markb's gone
Old 04-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
That'll be hard to do with our limited rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 04-29-2004, 11:49 PM
gess hew
lordbosh will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lordbosh
Last time we had the crews it was 1 captain + 5 crew members:
1 captain
1 first mate
1 lookout
3 sailors (gunners and whatever)

But that was back when I was vice governor, rules are always subject to change. I hope there are still enough active members for more than one ship =x
Old 04-30-2004, 05:36 AM
Dehitay is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Dehitay
Dehitay has 5 bumbs on his crew
but unfortunately, I only know of 2 of their accounts
"This 'caveat emptor' approach does not mean Scamming is legal, only that it is difficult to prove. If Graal Police witness a scam directly they may punish the offending player. The best way to avoid being scammed is to only trade within secure trading facilities in Graal." ~Rules of Conduct
Old 04-30-2004, 10:09 PM
5 is the Correct number for crews at present. Captain, First Mate, 3 crewman of various ranks. Current Rights shouldn't inhibit anyone at all, you might not be able to promote anyone directly into your crews, but you can either email me with the account names or talk to the First Lady, and she'll forward on the names. The thing is there is no wall, a slower method to getting things done, but eventually that will all come around. Misty being Mayor can even take down account names and forward them onto me.

An just so you know crews can have more than 5, the number is just a minimum for operation. If any Captain has more than 5 members and a shortage of Pirates seems to be abound. Talk to another Captain and see
about pulling someone over to your own crew. We do not have a lack of
knew members coming into the Kingdom.

Asst Governor
Kerith Steele
[email protected]
Old 05-02-2004, 05:34 AM
Ziro_Vitrudestec is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ziro_Vitrudestec
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoZelda
That'll be hard to do with our limited rights.
Things changed. They did the opposite of what I did. People were actually demoted for no reasons. When I came in, I took out Councilman (when it was an important rank full of rights) and gave them the rank of Captain- giving the rank of Captain the rights a Councilman would have needed. Also, if anyone was a Captain at the time, they lost that rank and got one of equal value so they wouldn't get a false promotion, but to keep them from being demoted. So I basically increased the value of a rank. However, after I left, they decreased the value of the Captain rank and demoted people along with it (in other words: in a sense, they put the government officials, whether they supported me or not, as normal civilians)
Old 05-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziro_Vitrudestec
Things changed. They did the opposite of what I did. People were actually demoted for no reasons. When I came in, I took out Councilman (when it was an important rank full of rights) and gave them the rank of Captain- giving the rank of Captain the rights a Councilman would have needed. Also, if anyone was a Captain at the time, they lost that rank and got one of equal value so they wouldn't get a false promotion, but to keep them from being demoted. So I basically increased the value of a rank. However, after I left, they decreased the value of the Captain rank and demoted people along with it (in other words: in a sense, they put the government officials, whether they supported me or not, as normal civilians)
OMG, that is in no way important and hardly even related
stop being an attention hog
"This 'caveat emptor' approach does not mean Scamming is legal, only that it is difficult to prove. If Graal Police witness a scam directly they may punish the offending player. The best way to avoid being scammed is to only trade within secure trading facilities in Graal." ~Rules of Conduct
Old 05-02-2004, 10:32 AM
Mister 1,000,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehitay
Actually, it is.
Start thinking.

Quote:
stefan is satan
I am the best.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Ziro_Vitrudestec is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ziro_Vitrudestec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehitay
You don't need to make a post about you praying to your god.

And it is related. This thread is about Captains and crews. Gozelda posted about limited rights. So I responded, talking about rights regarding Captains for their crews.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:18 AM
praying to my god?
must have been a different thread

Cyrin posted about not having enough rights to do something
(I still don't know what he wouldn't have enough rights to do
Make people add a crew name to the end of their name and write down an account?)

You posted about how you changed ranks when you were governor
just like you always post about what you did when you were governor
and once again, you made the freaking topic all about you, again
Congratufreakinglations
Old 05-04-2004, 04:48 AM
Exactly what rights do you really need to ask someone in the Kingdom to join your crew? Everyone here is quite aware of the bug with promotional rights, and the way to deal with that was to remove the right except for a few. If you wish to recruit outside the Kingdom for your crew, by all means, do so, and either PM the First Lady or myself with the account name and such, and we'll see to it that things get done.

I will say this though, if this is the only excuse a Captain can come up with for not being able to form his crew, then he's not really trying to do his job. Other Captains are working quite well without the Promotion or Adding rights, and I really don't see the
need to use it as an excuse.

Ziro, once again your input on this subject isn't required, this post is directed at the Pirate Kingdoms citizens and Captains. It doesn't require outside comment, and you
are well aware of why certain rights have been restricted. It's time for you to move on, and for the inflamatory posts to be put to a halt. Everyone is quite aware of your
desire to return to Pirates and be Governor again, and if it were truly meant to be then
their would have been more support.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:54 PM
Mister 1,000,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc5ikc
and either PM the First Lady or myself with the account name and such, and we'll see to it that things get done.
And what if I'm a European player with two tyrannic parents who won't let me on the computer after, say, 8 o'clock? Very, very slim change I'll see you then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc5ikc
why certain rights have been restricted.
Why?

Quote:
stefan is satan
I am the best.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoZelda
And what if I'm a European player with two tyrannic parents who won't let me on the computer after, say, 8 o'clock? Very, very slim change I'll see you then.

Why?
Actually, Kerith made it even more complicated than it needs to be
You don't need to tell a mayor, Kerith, or Alisa personally
the person who is trying to get into Pirates can tell an authroity figure themselves
or if by some strange chance, you and the new recruit can't get to them,
you can pass it on to another captain or crewman
And if by some strange chance you and the person are only one during 1 second per day and can't do that much, you still have the forums

As for why, it's because some people cannot be trusted with power
It is obvious there is one captain amongst us who keeps moving houses around without permission
I only wish we could figure out who it was