Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-11-2004, 03:06 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
"Search every 30 seconds"

Err, what the hell is the point of this? I tried searching for something, didn't find it so I quickly clicked the search button, typed in my query (spelling?), but it came up with some lame ass "Sorry! The administrator has specified that you can only do one search every 30 seconds."
Old 06-11-2004, 04:11 PM
darkreign3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to darkreign3
I dunno why it comes up with that... it did it to me and i was about ready to kill someone

A staff member without his RC is like a fat kid wihtout cake!
Old 06-11-2004, 04:58 PM
Banned
Python523 is on a distinguished road
wow. just wow. people complain about everything
Old 06-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Of course. When you're in a rush to search for stuff and you have to wait 30 seconds between while you should only have to wait 2 seconds, it bothers some of us :]
Old 06-11-2004, 06:34 PM
call me Chad, it's cooler
Dach is on a distinguished road
i'd rather be able to search threads older than a few months before being able to search more than once every 30 seconds...
Old 06-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
Maybe they want to prevent a future bug, i guess. It should be less than 30 seconds anyway.

Last edited by osrs; 06-12-2004 at 03:31 AM..
Old 06-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Muha_builder is on a distinguished road
:o
Well i do agree and can someone tell me why we cant search for anything under the 4 letters?
Old 06-12-2004, 01:03 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
I assume it uses some sort of processing time or something so the 30second limit stops you consuming processing time and and 3 char limit would bring up too much.
Old 06-12-2004, 02:09 AM
Graalian since 1998
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muha_builder
:o
Well i do agree and can someone tell me why we cant search for anything under the 4 letters?
4 letters? so we can't search for some people like ETD, zwr, zs0.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:42 AM
No Longer Graalian.
EsCanavi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EsCanavi Send a message via MSN to EsCanavi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
Err, what the hell is the point of this? I tried searching for something, didn't find it so I quickly clicked the search button, typed in my query (spelling?), but it came up with some lame ass "Sorry! The administrator has specified that you can only do one search every 30 seconds."
Trust me you don't want this forum unreachable (SP?), well actualy it would be okay but if there were more ppl on same time and such it would be laggy then ever :P
Contact me: [email protected] (msn|mailbox)
Old 06-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Not like many people use the search function.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:10 PM
Graalian since 1998
Quote:
Not like many people use the search function.
I think people do. Unfortunatelly some of the old threads seem to be gone, i tried to search for some very old stuff and could not find anything.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrs
I think people do. Unfortunatelly some of the old threads seem to be gone, i tried to search for some very old stuff and could not find anything.
Without the date filter right?
Old 06-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Graalian since 1998
Quote:
Without the date filter right?
I use it as any date when searching something old.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:20 PM
No I mean, you know how when you view a forum section the buttom says like "view threads from last month, year, generation, ice age, etc"?