Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Kingdoms > Crescent Pirates
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-14-2004, 09:21 PM
busyrobot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziro_Vitrudestec
You don't know what you're talking about. I didn't threaten to punish Pirates RPing with you all. Also, please stop trying to use this whole "isolation" policy as the only point for you to say I'm a bad leader.
I bring it up as it is a point where you went from moderate lunacy into off the deep end lunacy.

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=50137

Anyone RPing with a Dustarian, would be breaking your own RP rules.

Quote:
This was not the basis of the RPing. This only came in later after we were already doing well (after we brought in good RPers, and the PvP-only non-RPers were washed away because they didn't want to stay).
People hated it. I remember it clearly. Everyone wanted Dustari to support someone, anyone to replace you. People didn't hate RPing they hated your freaky brand of it.

Quote:
You shouldn't have a say in either of these topics anyways (including the one about Gozelda). If you're hinting that he's a bad RPer- look to yourself first. You're the one who, roleplaying as a king (which you'd expect to have more intelligence than a pirate), couldn't grasp the concept (OOC nor IC) of my character being chased off of the crescent island and having no time nor concern to hand over the wearhouse keys in a "civilized" manner. Yeah, right... a dirty, crude, vulgar pirate is forced away from his home and out of governorship of the island by his own people and he's going to turn back and say "Oh yeah, here's the keys...items...possessions and all that will help you govern the island. Good luck."
If you have passed judgment upon me then I guess I shouldn't post in the forums at all.
Actually, you fail to understand in good rping you need to satify both ic and ooc elements - not just act immaturely, then blame it on 'oh, that's how my character is' later when you don't want to fess up that in fact, you acted that way due being upset out of character.

Quote:
You're also the one who refered to the kingdom and/or island as "CP" (exactly like that) in character. And people such as you say I was some kind of dictator of RPing- you're dictating the story/RPing of Graal by saying "CP" IC (it's forcing the belief that the language characters speak is "English"... gee, I wonder where that originated from... a place called England [sounds similar to the language]? Where that? North of Dustari?). RPing really just takes common sense
...I'll tell anyone who has ever signed an RP letter with their initals instead of name that the Emperor has spoken and he is not happy.

Did you even read this before you posted? This is exactly the sort of thing I dislike - spur of the moment critizisms on the RPing of others, derived not due to observing of bad RPing, but out of a grudge, and some how turning it into 'lolol, Padren thinks England is in northing Dustari so he can't have an opinion lololol'

I can't believe you said using initials is out of character. Then you went on with that England tangent thinking it was somehow....a reasonable argument.

signed - PTS (Oh wait I mean GKX cause its more ic and non-englishy )

Quote:
They come hand-in-hand... A good leader (of an RP group) is not a good leader (of an RP group) unless he or she can RP well. If a person cannot RP well, he or she can never be a good leader for an RPing kingdom.
It reminds of a confusion I had with a friend regarding a part of the background story of Lord of the Rings- it ended with him laughing and saying "It would be hilarious if the high leader of the Elves was only like 1/9 Elf" (that's basically just another point of a leader not having qualities that make up the essense of the group...).
Theory is meaningless if you can look at someone and see clear as that they would be a terrible, terrible leader. You can't derive 'and thus, so and so must be a good leader due to these other factors.

If I see the guy RP someday, maybe I'll evaluate if he is any good. Until that day, I won't make any judgement other than in my experience to date, when he gets ticked off, he doesn't handle it in a mature manner, which is required for RPing under stressful conditions, as well as leadership.

"Uh, Professor, are we even allowed in the Forbidden Zone?"
"Why, of course! It's just a name, like the Death Zone or the Zone of No Return. All the zones have names like that in the Galaxy of Terror."
Old 05-14-2004, 10:17 PM
Muha_builder is on a distinguished road
I dont see the point in this discussion isnt this all old news ?
Old 05-14-2004, 11:10 PM
Ziro_Vitrudestec is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ziro_Vitrudestec
Quote:
Originally Posted by busyrobot
I bring it up as it is a point where you went from moderate lunacy into off the deep end lunacy.
That is simply your own opinion.

Quote:
People hated it. I remember it clearly. Everyone wanted Dustari to support someone, anyone to replace you. People didn't hate RPing they hated your freaky brand of it.
I had no freaky brand of it. Be more specific when you say "it". I said already- that whole isolation act was just a small part of my term as Governorship. I did much more and was around for a much longer time than that minor period.

Quote:
Actually, you fail to understand in good rping you need to satify both ic and ooc elements - not just act immaturely, then blame it on 'oh, that's how my character is' later when you don't want to fess up that in fact, you acted that way due being upset out of character.
You need to learn how to RP. Some things need to be discussed on OOC terms. The fact is that I was referring to a situation where we were speaking IC and you ridiculously expected me to HELP the people that WRONGFULLY removed me and committed treason against me. Even OOC this is ridiculous, but it would be better to discuss these things on OOC terms. Now do you understand why people use parenthesis while they're on kingdom tags? Or maybe you don't since kingdom members such as those in your kingdom are allowed to be OOC all the time and do (practically) whatever the hell they want under the name of your kingdom.

Quote:
...I'll tell anyone who has ever signed an RP letter with their initals instead of name that the Emperor has spoken and he is not happy.
You're avoiding the point. Don't debate if you can't even adress things correctly. Referring to the pirate kingdom as "CP" and the Samurai kingdom as "KJ" in RPing is simply ridiculous. No one said anything about attacking every person who uses initials for their names (which something completely different- it's initials and NOT acronyms). I was merely pointing out how you're not a very good RPer.
Quote:
Did you even read this before you posted? This is exactly the sort of thing I dislike - spur of the moment critizisms on the RPing of others, derived not due to observing of bad RPing, but out of a grudge, and some how turning it into 'lolol, Padren thinks England is in northing Dustari so he can't have an opinion lololol'
I read it before posting. You should consider more of the things you say and argue. You're a very self-contradicting person. What I said about your RPing came from observing you RP and RPing with you. I simply went by facts.
Quote:
I can't believe you said using initials is out of character. Then you went on with that England tangent thinking it was somehow....a reasonable argument.

signed - PTS (Oh wait I mean GKX cause its more ic and non-englishy )
Don't believe it. I never said it. I was referring to an acronym of a kingdom's name- not the initials of someone's name. You're showing how ridiculous you can be by trying to quote me in a way I do not speak nor type. "lolol, Padren thinks England is in northing Dustari so he can't have an opinion lololol"? Who talks like that? Also, try using quotations next time and not putting apostrophes on the ends of the "quote".
Quote:
Theory is meaningless if you can look at someone and see clear as that they would be a terrible, terrible leader. You can't derive 'and thus, so and so must be a good leader due to these other factors.

If I see the guy RP someday, maybe I'll evaluate if he is any good. Until that day, I won't make any judgement other than in my experience to date, when he gets ticked off, he doesn't handle it in a mature manner, which is required for RPing under stressful conditions, as well as leadership.
Read-->Think-->Post
I didn't say that a good RPer makes a good leader. I said a person cannot be a good leader unless he or she is a good RPer.

This thread should have died a long time ago. Why... oh why... was it revived? Arguing is no fun.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:13 AM
Dehitay is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Dehitay
BS, arguing is fun as hell

also, confuse an acronym and abbreviation again,
and I shall stab you in the eye with a plastic spoon
acronym - taking the letters of a word and finding other words beginning with those letters that describe the original word
abbreviation - letter or letters used in place of a word in order to shorten it
tridekaphobia - fear of the number thirteen
"This 'caveat emptor' approach does not mean Scamming is legal, only that it is difficult to prove. If Graal Police witness a scam directly they may punish the offending player. The best way to avoid being scammed is to only trade within secure trading facilities in Graal." ~Rules of Conduct
Old 05-15-2004, 05:48 AM
busyrobot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That is simply your own opinion.
...and the general concensus of people in your kingdom.

Quote:
I had no freaky brand of it. Be more specific when you say "it". I said already- that whole isolation act was just a small part of my term as Governorship. I did much more and was around for a much longer time than that minor period.
Uh, re read sentence - the term 'rping' was used a few words before. You have a freaky brand of RPing. I think I was clear.

Quote:
You need to learn how to RP. Some things need to be discussed on OOC terms. The fact is that I was referring to a situation where we were speaking IC and you ridiculously expected me to HELP the people that WRONGFULLY removed me and committed treason against me. Even OOC this is ridiculous, but it would be better to discuss these things on OOC terms.
You need to learn how to RP.
You removed people who tried to talk to you OOC about the horrible job you were doing.
Second, if you thought you were removed wrongly and that you'd be restored - why did you drop those keys? It only served to harm the kingdom.
Truth is, that act has purely one of retribution out of character. If you are honest with yourself, you'll see it as clearly as everyone else.
Quote:
Now do you understand why people use parenthesis while they're on kingdom tags? Or maybe you don't since kingdom members such as those in your kingdom are allowed to be OOC all the time and do (practically) whatever the hell they want under the name of your kingdom.
I do believe we have the strongest RP standards in GK. Dustari's members are excellent people. Don't talk down to me about RPing, I am certian I have a lot more experience with the beast than you.

Quote:
You're avoiding the point. Don't debate if you can't even adress things correctly. Referring to the pirate kingdom as "CP" and the Samurai kingdom as "KJ" in RPing is simply ridiculous. No one said anything about attacking every person who uses initials for their names (which something completely different- it's initials and NOT acronyms). I was merely pointing out how you're not a very good RPer.
I do not always spell out KJ and CP in character, though I do during events generally. Its a fair enough point in it self, but I wouldn't say it makes a bad RPer. Between choosing to RP with someone that used abreviations or someone who at one time totally barred his kingdom from RPing with others - I'll choose mr abbreviations.

Quote:
I read it before posting. You should consider more of the things you say and argue. You're a very self-contradicting person. What I said about your RPing came from observing you RP and RPing with you. I simply went by facts.
Don't believe it. I never said it. I was referring to an acronym of a kingdom's name- not the initials of someone's name. You're showing how ridiculous you can be by trying to quote me in a way I do not speak nor type. "lolol, Padren thinks England is in northing Dustari so he can't have an opinion lololol"? Who talks like that? Also, try using quotations next time and not putting apostrophes on the ends of the "quote".
I am in the habit of using apostrophies in place of quotes because in 'PMs' you can't use normal quotes without it breaking words line by line. Is it really that big of a problem for you?

You and I have not RPed outside of the time you met with me in Zehn wanting to get added to Dustari after you got booted out of CP.

Don't jump on me about the differences of a player's initials and a kingdom's initials - you claimed, that using initials at all, implies that we are using English, and controlling the RP fates of all the kingdoms. Read what you wrote.

Its one of the dumbest arguements to touch these forums. I mean, seriously - you complained about the initials of the C and P would denote that in the language spoken on GK, that the written words would have to then start with a C for crescent and a P for pirates. Thus, I was 'forcing' you to RP that it was an english based world.

Why did you write that? Its completely insane. It makes no sense. It's like saying the letters s-w-o-r-&-d to form a word for sharp pointy things is some how bad RPing. Hence, I am glad you have no power in a kingdom to punish 'bad rpers'

Quote:
Read-->Think-->Post
I didn't say that a good RPer makes a good leader. I said a person cannot be a good leader unless he or she is a good RPer.
We live in a world of comparisions and lesser evils, and shades of gray. It is better to have a strong leader with weak RP skills than a weak leader with strong RP skills.
It is best to have someone strong in both, but in reality, you deal with people who have a range of skill, from 1-10, in both leadership, and seperately in RPing.
As long as they can hold their own RPing, then I can't see a problem with a strong leader leading a kingdom.

Quote:
This thread should have died a long time ago. Why... oh why... was it revived? Arguing is no fun.
You insulted Alisa about 12 times in one post. You treated her like a child, and one you could berate at your whim.

She had a different view than your rosy rendition of how 'things where in your day' and you were very vile in response.

Be kinder.

"Uh, Professor, are we even allowed in the Forbidden Zone?"
"Why, of course! It's just a name, like the Death Zone or the Zone of No Return. All the zones have names like that in the Galaxy of Terror."
Old 05-15-2004, 06:48 AM
Quote:
...and the general concensus of people in your kingdom.
The general consensus of the kingdom was that there had to be changes done based on what I had done. It was not necessarily about removing me. People each had different arguments opposing things that were going on. It was an unorganized "rebellion".

Quote:
Uh, re read sentence - the term 'rping' was used a few words before. You have a freaky brand of RPing. I think I was clear.
You already clearly said I have a freaky brand of it. What you were not clear on was the "it" in the sentence "People hated it. I remember it clearly." Don't bother to clear yourself up on this fact- you already stated it unclearly and it doesn't matter anymore.

Quote:
You removed people who tried to talk to you OOC about the horrible job you were doing.
Second, if you thought you were removed wrongly and that you'd be restored - why did you drop those keys? It only served to harm the kingdom.
Truth is, that act has purely one of retribution out of character. If you are honest with yourself, you'll see it as clearly as everyone else.
People talking to me on OOC terms has nothing to do with RPing- that is why it is OOC. I didn't think I would be restored. I knew I was removed wrongfully. You should not assume I thought things. I never said I thought I'd be restored. It was made very apparent and clear that I wasn't going to be restored.

Quote:
I do believe we have the strongest RP standards in GK. Dustari's members are excellent people. Don't talk down to me about RPing, I am certian I have a lot more experience with the beast than you.
As a whole, you do not have the strongest RPing standards in GK. The strongest RPing standards lies within the dying race of RPers that are divided among the many kingdoms. Also, I'm curious to know how you are certain you have more experience RPing than I do. Are yours years of experience equal to my age or greater?

Quote:
I do not always spell out KJ and CP in character, though I do during events generally. Its a fair enough point in it self, but I wouldn't say it makes a bad RPer. Between choosing to RP with someone that used abreviations or someone who at one time totally barred his kingdom from RPing with others - I'll choose mr abbreviations.
Your choices are your own problems. The person who barred his kingdom had the interest of improving RPing. The person who used abreviations just made his RPing look bad- no interest for improving his RPing by taking a little extra time to write out full words.

Quote:
I am in the habit of using apostrophies in place of quotes because in 'PMs' you can't use normal quotes without it breaking words line by line. Is it really that big of a problem for you?
"That big"? How big is "that big"? If "that big" is very big then my answer to you is: No, it is not that big of a problem and that is why I did not say much about it.

Quote:
You and I have not RPed outside of the time you met with me in Zehn wanting to get added to Dustari after you got booted out of CP.
I know this already. No need to state facts I show no disagreement for.

Quote:
Don't jump on me about the differences of a player's initials and a kingdom's initials - you claimed, that using initials at all, implies that we are using English, and controlling the RP fates of all the kingdoms. Read what you wrote.
I never said anything about initials. However, you were keeping away from a chance of flexibility by using these accronyms. Why would a Pirate refer to his pirate nation as "Sea Pea"?

Quote:
Its one of the dumbest arguements to touch these forums. I mean, seriously - you complained about the initials of the C and P would denote that in the language spoken on GK, that the written words would have to then start with a C for crescent and a P for pirates. Thus, I was 'forcing' you to RP that it was an english based world.
It wasn't a complaint. It was merely pointing out how you do not RP very well.
I would like to take this time to apologize if I claimed that you CANNOT RP well. It was a mistake on my behalf. I don't know or care about your abilities.
What I know is what you display- and what you display is bad RPing. So therefore, I merely ment you say "You RP horribly."

Quote:
Why did you write that? Its completely insane. It makes no sense. It's like saying the letters s-w-o-r-&-d to form a word for sharp pointy things is some how bad RPing. Hence, I am glad you have no power in a kingdom to punish 'bad rpers'
Who is to say those letters exist in all the fictional languages people must have in the RPing world?
Take Star Wars movies as examples. See how all the writing cannot be read by normal movie viewers? Yet, at the same time they speak in English. This is merely so movie viewers can understand the dialogue. RPing has the same concept.

Quote:
We live in a world of comparisions and lesser evils, and shades of gray. It is better to have a strong leader with weak RP skills than a weak leader with strong RP skills.
It is best to have someone strong in both, but in reality, you deal with people who have a range of skill, from 1-10, in both leadership, and seperately in RPing.
As long as they can hold their own RPing, then I can't see a problem with a strong leader leading a kingdom.
Quote:
You're missing the point. Being a good RPer is PART of being a good leader. A person CANNOT be a good leader without being a good RPer. He or she may have other leadership qualities- but he still cannot be a good leader without being a good RPer.
Quote:
You insulted Alisa about 12 times in one post. You treated her like a child, and one you could berate at your whim.
She basically revived this thread. It was nice to see it dying away. If she didn't want to be treated like a child, she shouldn't have acted like one in the first place. Then again, you're not speaking for her.

Quote:
She had a different view than your rosy rendition of how 'things where in your day' and you were very vile in response.
She was never happy in "my day". Other people were during some times or evne the whole time and many even remain around today.

Quote:
Be kinder.
Stop worrying about problems regarding other kingdoms.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Stop worrying about problems regarding other kingdoms.
Holy Hell
I cannot believe you made such a dumb comment at the end of such a freaking dumb post
You went on arrogant as hell and then ended it hypocritical as hell

You're gonna go on crying cause you don't believe people ever abbreviate things in real life talk
In which case you must live in such a damned grammar strick area that people are killed for saying "ISP" or "SAT"
It's a company and a test, and you think it goes against the rules to refer to them that way
The only excuse for not being able to use abbreviations is illiteracy
And if you can find me one person that plays this game yet cannot read, then you can say whatever you want without my criticism

Your post are only getting more arrogant as you go along
Your post about how the Pope can only be good if he himself is catholic and the things you included in there was a good post
I agreed with everything in it
but the more you argue with Padren, the more I begin to disagree with everything in your postings
Think through things before you actually post them

And Padren, you're not helping those of us with an obsessive compulsiver reading disorder who read this thread through mental need and hate the evil quotes of quotes of quotes of quotes
"This 'caveat emptor' approach does not mean Scamming is legal, only that it is difficult to prove. If Graal Police witness a scam directly they may punish the offending player. The best way to avoid being scammed is to only trade within secure trading facilities in Graal." ~Rules of Conduct
Old 05-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehitay
Holy Hell
I cannot believe you made such a dumb comment at the end of such a freaking dumb post
You went on arrogant as hell and then ended it hypocritical as hell
It was only done to make a final statement in order to mimic Padren's thread.

Quote:
You're gonna go on crying cause you don't believe people ever abbreviate things in real life talk
In which case you must live in such a damned grammar strick area that people are killed for saying "ISP" or "SAT"
It's a company and a test, and you think it goes against the rules to refer to them that way
The only excuse for not being able to use abbreviations is illiteracy
And if you can find me one person that plays this game yet cannot read, then you can say whatever you want without my criticism
First, I never said people don't abbreviate words in real life. I was referring to acronyms and I was referring to the circumstances of roleplaying. The roleplaying world does not take place in our time, our world, and certainly does not have to be limited or even have to contain our languages. In fact, it really shouldn't at all.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with a world where people do not use abbreviations and acronyms. It simply makes their points more clear.

Quote:
Your post are only getting more arrogant as you go along
Your post about how the Pope can only be good if he himself is catholic and the things you included in there was a good post
I agreed with everything in it
but the more you argue with Padren, the more I begin to disagree with everything in your postings
Think through things before you actually post them
I do think things through before actually posting. You should take your own advice. Also, perhaps you're not reading everything we are posting.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:27 PM
Crazy cat
GoldSri is on a distinguished road
can someone lock this thred??? so Ziro has to SHUT THE HELL UP!!!
Old 05-15-2004, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldSri
SHUT THE HELL UP!!!
Flaming isn't nice. I want this thread locked as well.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:58 PM
the thread itself is useful
I just want every post which isn't relavent to be deleted
which would bring us back to maybe post #5
and I want Ziro threatened to be banned if he doesn't stop bringing up his reign as Gov in all the Pirate threads
Old 05-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Banned
Monkeyboy_McGee is on a distinguished road
This thread reassures us that Markb really does care
Old 05-17-2004, 10:32 AM
TooManyK9s is on a distinguished road
Let threads die.... said the spider to the fly.

Quote:
Learn to let threads die. Read the dates. I didn't want to respond- but you just continued
Hummmm.... did I see six posts from Ziro on this very thread after he said this? Does someone have the need to argue and complain.... ALL THE TIME? Does this make a good a good captain? I thought this thread was about captains and there crews? Is Ziro a captain or even in the Pirate Kingdom? Who cares that he even role plays he is not even in a kingdom. I haven't ever seen him role play as pirate either. Who cares that I wanted to be a young pirate female. "Ziro show us how to role play a 10 year old pirate girl." Is there rules on how this is done? "Show us your stuff"

Furthermore I rarely use lol to laugh, I use *he he.* I only asked you that if I wanted to use lol why is that a reason to be kicked from the kingdom. Reasons like this is were why the members rose up against you.

I wonder if there will be another post from Ziro???????? over and over the same old thing.

Last edited by TooManyK9s; 05-17-2004 at 10:06 PM..
Old 05-17-2004, 10:39 AM
the Professional.
Raelyn will become famous soon enough
Hey Ziro.
Quote:
Other people with ranks and rights had good balance of PvP skills and RPing. They all proved their worthyness.
Did I have a good balance, because I damn sure didn't have rank or rights. *grins*

Psst, Lisa, how about *snicker* or *giggle* or *chuckle*. I mean, *hehe* isn't even worthy of asterisk emote status. Heaven forbid we go ahead and type something like *lets out a hearty laugh* or something, I mean, that's just too much work for us lazy RP'rs. Isn't it? *darts*

Last edited by Raelyn; 05-17-2004 at 10:25 PM..
Old 05-18-2004, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn
Hey Ziro.
Did I have a good balance, because I damn sure didn't have rank or rights. *grins*
Your absence hurt you, even though it was planned and mentioned before hand. You should know, that with the right activity, you could have made it far and earned my trust to have much power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyK9s
Hummmm.... did I see six posts from Ziro on this very thread after he said this? Does someone have the need to argue and complain.... ALL THE TIME?
Maybe you did see six posts. How should we know what you saw? Noone has the need to argue and complain all the time. That's a ridiculous statement you made- people can live without arguing.

Quote:
Does this make a good a good captain?
Hi. I fail to understand how this makes sense.

Quote:
I thought this thread was about captains and there crews? Is Ziro a captain or even in the Pirate Kingdom. I haven't ever seen him role play as pirate either.
Sure, I've always been a Captain since I started playing Graal Kingdoms- I had my own boat and everything (even a crew. We lived on the boat- stored all our items there and everything.)! I've been continuing to RP as a Pirate long after I was removed from the pirate kingdom. Didn't you notice? I did even have IC (or at least from my part) discussions with you. You even responded and my character thought you were crazy since you were things that make no sense IC.

Quote:
Who cares that I wanted to be a young pirate female.
If you wanted to be, you were doing a horrible job at it. I'm pretty sure you clearly said (and had people say it for you) you were a 10 year old girl IN REAL LIFE. I had no power at the time. You had no reason to try to trick me to gain power. I had no way to help you.

Quote:
"Ziro show us how to role play a 10 year old pirate girl." Is there rules on how this is done? "Show us your stuff"
I never said I could show you how to roleplay as a 10 year old pirate girl. Now that you mention it though- I probably could do a better job than than you.

Quote:
Furthermore I rarely use lol to laugh, I use *he he.* I only asked you that if I wanted to use lol why is that a reason to be kicked from the kingdom. Reasons like this is were why the members rose up against you.
Did I say that you said "lol" in that situation when I first met you IC (before I joined the kingdom)? I'm sorry. It was my mistake. I remember now. You said "cya"- just as bad. What's that? Is it an abbreviation?

I never said saying "lol" is a reason to be kicked from the kingdom. Listen to what I have to say. I've said this countless times. SAYING "LOL" IN CHARACTER IS HORRIBLE ROLEPLAYING.

Quote:
I wonder if there will be another post from Ziro???????? over and over the same old thing.
Hey, it's like I said- you revived this thread. I don't care now- I just respond to anything someone asks of me or anything someone claims wrongly against me.