Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Kingdoms > Dustari
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-10-2004, 07:42 AM
gwtfc***mattrs/gpsof
Splke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Splke Send a message via Yahoo to Splke
Amazing. You all can't take simple critisizm. The shields colors are horrendous. They do not match any clothes, and they are a tad bit out of place. The bulkyness of the shield is fine, save the fact you need to take into mind the shield does not take away speed, which, by the graphics, it looks to be quite heavy, and should take away speed. Just my 2 cents though... (which are worth more then most of yours )
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter
No, that would look stupid, shut your stupid face, stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
In the words of the great Argosax

WOOHOO BOOBIES
Old 05-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Muha_builder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splke
Amazing. You all can't take simple critisizm. The shields colors are horrendous. They do not match any clothes, and they are a tad bit out of place. The bulkyness of the shield is fine, save the fact you need to take into mind the shield does not take away speed, which, by the graphics, it looks to be quite heavy, and should take away speed. Just my 2 cents though... (which are worth more then most of yours )
Your so right compared to a amulet or a ring that gives speed this shield is so unrealistic. I like it ,most people do.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:58 AM
gwtfc***mattrs/gpsof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muha_builder
Your so right compared to a amulet or a ring that gives speed this shield is so unrealistic. I like it ,most people do.
Of course, anybody within Dustari will like it.

Rings, are enchanted with magical properties, and are incredibly rare to find such rings (basing this on mudlib details from the beginning of CF). Shields, weigh down a person, so putting speed+1 is rather unbelieveable. Putting str+1 should substitute the speed+, considering the str+ does that for you. I would expect a dustarian shield to have a rather, Tower shield-ish stat build.

Ac+3
Str+1
Speed-2
Resist Magic -5
Armour + 59

Or something. You'd benefit from it, but at the same time, it would not look so, over-powered.
Quote:
Quote:

WOOHOO BOOBIES
Old 05-11-2004, 01:37 PM
you would expect a shield to help resist magic instead of making you weaker against it o well. Lets face it you can have endless discussions about this kind of stuff.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Taharu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Taharu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muha_builder
you would expect a shield to help resist magic instead of making you weaker against it o well. Lets face it you can have endless discussions about this kind of stuff.
actually you wouldn't a shield's wait would disable a good defense against magic. but none the less. like you said you CAN have an endless discussion about something that has already been uploaded but it will never be changed. =X
Old 05-11-2004, 06:58 PM
gwtfc***mattrs/gpsof
I've had stats changed on items before. I am just stressing my concern to Padren about over powered items which shadow RP...

This shield should indeed have speed-, massive armour, high ac, a str +, and a magic or even a sustenance -... Thatd make sense with its weight.
Quote:
Quote:

WOOHOO BOOBIES
Old 05-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Mousefuzz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mousefuzz
you people have no sense of art. Not everything has to be blah on blah. this shield matches red , yellow, gold, blue , light blue and any number of colors . I love it , and it goes nice with my blue hair <3 wren
Old 05-12-2004, 12:01 AM
Ziro_Vitrudestec is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ziro_Vitrudestec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousefuzz
you people have no sense of art. Not everything has to be blah on blah. this shield matches red , yellow, gold, blue , light blue and any number of colors . I love it , and it goes nice with my blue hair <3 wren
Sounds good that you've found good looks with the shield.
As we can see in the screenshot, Padren has a bad sense of fashion. Black clothing with that shield? Jeez... aren't you a king? Don't you have someone to dress you in the morning?
Old 05-12-2004, 12:43 AM
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Gah- if you can accept that rings are enchanted, why cant you accept that the shiled is magical also? This whole game might as well be marinated in magic, given how common magic items are.

Any player on GK with the Mudlib-supposedly "Rare" rings that do anything to up your stats, please raise your hand. Now everyone else?

Thought so
Old 05-12-2004, 02:15 AM
The Wanderer
REW_darklink200 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to REW_darklink200 Send a message via Yahoo to REW_darklink200
I think the gfx's are nice on the shield. Nice job, Wren. You also did a nice job on the other items you did as well. Very artistic.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:01 AM
busyrobot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splke
I've had stats changed on items before. I am just stressing my concern to Padren about over powered items which shadow RP...

This shield should indeed have speed-, massive armour, high ac, a str +, and a magic or even a sustenance -... Thatd make sense with its weight.
Concerns noted, but rejected as you really don't understand the nature of the kingdoms in GK.

Pirates are the ones with the rushing weight and strength it seems.
Personally, I'd go for light footed swashbuckling pirates to have one hand for the boat and the other for a sword - leaving shields ooc. But, that's just me, and this is a game.
They like the 'heavy handed crush a ship from the sea and board it and crush it's crew under the black sails and skull and cross bones' kinda theme, and it works well too.

Dustari is the only classic medieval kingdom, and we strong Knight/Cavalier theme. Strength, Speed and Skill are the hallmarks of a true monarchy's warriors, and it makes sense for us.

I considered going for increased AC instead, but thought it would be less fitting and copy the pirates.

We aren't ogres Spike.

Secondary, they are very nice graphics. Wren is an exceptional artist. While the shield may not be to everyone's taste, nor are many foods - so tough that's life.

I happen to love it.

Oh, about magic resistance: A shield is metal, and reduces ability to cast magic but I would figure if you are being hit with magical energy bolts, a shield would block your face better than thin air, not less.

And Ziro, I dress myself, and would consider new clothes but I can never seem to accumulate much a wardrobe. In fact, I don't own a single shirt other than the one on my back.

"Uh, Professor, are we even allowed in the Forbidden Zone?"
"Why, of course! It's just a name, like the Death Zone or the Zone of No Return. All the zones have names like that in the Galaxy of Terror."
Old 05-12-2004, 04:35 AM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
Pirates = borked cuz of crappy leadership.

Anyway... The Dustari Shield design looks fine... just poor choice of colors... *points to flag and points to shield*

I do disagree on the shield hindering spellcasting... especially if all we do is point a wand for a few seconds to cast things... the only case that I have seen shield hindering spellcasting is Dungeons and Dragons

I got bored so I recolored for no good reason...

On the topic of Dustari's true knightish theme... any plans for a Dustari War Lance for horse riders only? Fresh ideas
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2004, 11:52 AM
gwtfc***mattrs/gpsof
Ed's second recoloring would go much better with much of the clothing, but now, I really see the shield in a different light.

Padren, stop calling me Spike. I resent this account already. 'Argo' or 'Argosax', we aren't the best of buddies, got we are acquainted, so use my name.

I do agree, Dustari is a Knight/Caviller kingdom, based mostly on a more, medi-eval style of ranks and RP. So, I think maybe the shield should have 2 variations now.

One for the Knight, the current shields colors actually look rather fine, just took some getting used too, but add a simple negative to it to balance it.

The Cavaliers can be a high AC one, since a strong Lance leaves a Calavlier vunerable, or perhaps just re-color this one, and event it off as a... Calavlier shield.

I don't know really though, alot of good ideas in my mind, just, I'm unable to make anything of them.
Quote:
Quote:

WOOHOO BOOBIES
Old 05-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Banned
Monkeyboy_McGee is on a distinguished road
I love ed's first recolouration, much better as a Dustari shield imho.
But argosax, horses can't be used on kingdoms due to the invulnerability stuff
i mean, they could be done while just RPing a cavalier, i guess, but in a battle its unfortunate that you can't use horses. I'd love to have an entire army charge in on horses
Old 05-12-2004, 09:53 PM
They would still be vunerable to magic on horses.