Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Esteria: Runes of Apeya

Esteria: Runes of Apeya

In the beginning there was one god, Apeya. He loved all his creations, but a girl named Jejina caught his eye, the most beautiful woman that walked the land of Esteria. It was forbidden for gods to love mortals, however, and he knew that to be with her would mean his death. Eventually his will wavered, and he visited the girl in her dreams. Feeling blessed by Apeya, the girl excitedly told everyone in her tribe, but they shunned her and believed her mad. At length the ridicule and torment lead her to take her own life.

Apeya was overcome with grief, for in trying to follow his heart he had destroyed the one he loved. Unable to live with his mistake, he wept for 100 days and 100 nights, his godly essence fading away. Finally, he let himself go, splitting what remained of his essence into five parts. These parts fell to Esteria as glittering meteors, inspiring awe in the human tribes who witnessed. Five brave souls quested and found the meteor fragments, and taking Apeya's power into themselves became the new gods.

Aralgue - The man who cheated death, becoming himself the lord of the dead.
Phyasty - The most dangerous warrior in all the land, now the god of destruction and warfare.
Eulip - The holy priestess who had the power of ressurrection, the new god of life and healing.
Yasur - The world-renowed scholar, now the god of wisdom and magic.
Arith - The woman known to have the strength of 1000 men, the god of power and valor.

The gods wished to give humanity a gift like that they had been given, so they created five runes of power and gave them to the tribes of man, a fraction of their essence held in each one. Each rune had a unique ability, and those who had been blessed by them rose to lead their tribes. At first the tribes propsered and grew using the gods' power. In time, however, the Runeblessed began to lust for more, and as man too often has done the tribes made war on each other. They fought over land, or resources, or morals, or sometimes merely for the joy of battle and bloodshed.

One rose from amidst the tumult of fighting, and rallied the people. "We should not be fighting each other, squandering the powers we have been given! We could do so much more! We could be the gods ourselves, instead of being at their mercy!" At first he was thought a madman, but he bid his tribe lay down their weapons and he spread his gospel throughout the warring states.

Gradually the tribes came around, and united against the gods for the promise of being on their level. They continued to fight, but it was merely to hold the gods' attention while a massive tower was constructed, made to reach up to Heaven where the gods lay. The Runeblessed led the united tribal armies up the tower and into the Sanctum of the gods, and though they fought for days they were no match for the gods' fearsome strength. The gods repelled the attack, and in their rage at man's arrogance and misuse of their gifts they struck back.

The tower was sundered, the great falling rocks splitting the continents. Towering volcanoes spewed ash and fire, torrential waters rose and laid bare all civilization. Almost every living thing on the planet was wiped out. The gods released terrible beasts to roam the Earth, a continual reminder of the limitations of man. What small gifts they had given they took away, and the shattered remainder of humanity was left on its own.

However, rumor has it that the five runes still lie on Esteria, without human host, the gods' final test of humanity, waiting to be found.

But will they lead to good, or will greed once more corrupt their power?

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 09-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Uhm, just saying but the server name reminds me of my little pony... not sure if that is the intent though.

I guess the story pretty much tells you the history/backdrop of the server, but... what is your role? What are we gonna do? We missed the superawesome war of the gods, now it's just a desert to roam around in looking for runes? Sounds boring.

And some fallacies I can't get over... how is it forbidden for Apeya to love a mortal if he is the only god? Who else is there to make rules for him (you even said 'gods' after you said there is one)? And wouldn't the woman killing herself make her no longer mortal, they can go all afterlife sexytimes now. If not he's still legitimately THE god at this point, you even gave one of the 5 lesser gods the ability to resurrect people and deemed another 'lord of the dead' implying there is an afterlife-like state. The fk man.

Also, omg... italics.

Yes, I was this bored.

Last edited by Supaman771; 09-07-2012 at 08:26 PM..
Old 09-07-2012, 11:06 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Did you pay someone to write that for you?
Old 09-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Uhm, just saying but the server name reminds me of my little pony... not sure if that is the intent though.

I guess the story pretty much tells you the history/backdrop of the server, but... what is your role? What are we gonna do? We missed the superawesome war of the gods, now it's just a desert to roam around in looking for runes? Sounds boring.

And some fallacies I can't get over... how is it forbidden for Apeya to love a mortal if he is the only god? Who else is there to make rules for him (you even said 'gods' after you said there is one)? And wouldn't the woman killing herself make her no longer mortal, they can go all afterlife sexytimes now. If not he's still legitimately THE god at this point, you even gave one of the 5 lesser gods the ability to resurrect people and deemed another 'lord of the dead' implying there is an afterlife-like state. The fk man.

Also, omg... italics.

Yes, I was this bored.
Stop posting in my thread. You are a retard. This is a fantasy based Storyline, it doesnt have to make sense at all. Go back to Era or whereever you come from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
No. And if yes, why would you care? You are really annoying.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:30 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Stop posting in my thread. You are a retard. This is a fantasy based Storyline, it doesnt have to make sense at all. Go back to Era or whereever you come from.
He was mostly questioning your story. That's a perfectly valid thing to do. Going around with a story like "He was dead and alive at the same time" screaming "FK YOU IT'S FANTASY I CAN DO WHAT I WANT IT DOESN'T HAVE TO MAKE ANY SENSE" won't do you any good.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:41 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I was expressing interest in your server having actually read the storyline and questioning our role as players on the server. Perhaps a clarification of your illogical storyline was too much to ask. If the background of your server doesn't make sense... well **** I don't see myself playing it.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:16 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:

Uhm, I think you're over reacting by far. He raised some valid questions to be honest.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-08-2012, 02:51 AM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
You should get esteriaonline.com or something. Every server needs a website of some sort.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:48 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
You post a story... don't you expect people to comment on it?
What type of response do you want? O-o
Old 09-08-2012, 06:54 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
He was mostly questioning your story. That's a perfectly valid thing to do. Going around with a story like "He was dead and alive at the same time" screaming "FK YOU IT'S FANTASY I CAN DO WHAT I WANT IT DOESN'T HAVE TO MAKE ANY SENSE" won't do you any good.
Due to this, won't be playing Esteria if it ever comes out. Ridiculous to bash someone for having a constructive post, even if it is my bbycakes rogue

Quote:
Someone needs to work on parallel structure and comma use, if they're getting paid to write things.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:07 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
At least someone is trying to add some lore element to their graal server. Gonna give a +1 for trying but could definitely be improved.

Rogue's points are all valid and had you just proofread once or twice it should have caught your attention. Take his criticisms and improve your story instead of getting butthurt because someone told you your **** reeks bro.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
At least someone is trying to add some lore element to their graal server. Gonna give a +1 for trying but could definitely be improved.

Rogue's points are all valid and had you just proofread once or twice it should have caught your attention. Take his criticisms and improve your story instead of getting butthurt because someone told you your **** reeks bro.
Yeah the Storyline is not done though. Will add more stuff later. The Development Team is full for now. After the Pixel Artists are done with the Tilesets the LATs will start creating the several gmaps. Will be fun.
Will keep you all updated.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Classic Developer.
TheGodAngelo is just really niceTheGodAngelo is just really nice
It's nice to see a heavy fantasy, storyline driven server in the works

keep up the hard work guys, you've got a long road ahead! don't get discouraged by the critics
Old 12-08-2012, 07:14 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I would of done it for half. Also, did this project get anywhere?
Old 12-08-2012, 07:17 AM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Also, did this project get anywhere?
Yeah, I'm kinda in the mood to play a fantasy server named after MLP.