Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Delteria Main Forum > Delteria News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
It was a recolor. Graal's tileset, however, is redone, however similar it is. Copying gameplay and taking graphics from a game and recoloring it is two completely different things. As for it being an obscure game, does it matter? It's still stolen whether it's from that game or Final Fantasy.
Also, you say it as though stealing graphics from another server is worse than stealing from a commercial game.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It was a recolor. Graal's tileset, however, is redone, however similar it is. Copying gameplay and taking graphics from a game and recoloring it is two completely different things. As for it being an obscure game, does it matter? It's still stolen whether it's from that game or Final Fantasy.
Also, you say it as though stealing graphics from another server is worse than stealing from a commercial game.

The problem has been acknowledged by the staff and they say they're going to change it, so what's the problem? x-x
Old 07-09-2007, 07:17 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
I was replying to the post before mines? Perhaps I should have quoted him.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Oh ya, after actually going through the place. I notice you use a lot of horizontal stair graphics. I think it would benefit a lot if someone scripted you to actually follow the steps and go upwards with them, instead of pushing against the tiles.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:56 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Oh ya, after actually going through the place. I notice you use a lot of horizontal stair graphics. I think it would benefit a lot if someone scripted you to actually follow the steps and go upwards with them, instead of pushing against the tiles.
Would be neat actually.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:49 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Spar room is updated. It now has a /join spar system. Use /line to see the list of people in line.

Two new screens added on top, the left one shows the person next (showing his head and nickname), the second one isn't functioning yet but will show win streaks (an important aspect in the ranking system).

Yes the nicknames in the screens scroll from right to left in a loop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hellosparroom.png
Views:	209
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	41987   Click image for larger version

Name:	forumsshowoff.png
Views:	243
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	41988  
Old 07-10-2007, 03:18 AM
kenyonandelliot is on a distinguished road
Two ways to mess up the spar, joining the line when you are in the spar and both fighters dying.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyonandelliot View Post
Two ways to mess up the spar, joining the line when you are in the spar and both fighters dying.
Both fighters dying doesn't mess it up, I think. It didn't mess it up for me.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Both fighters dying doesn't mess it up, I think. It didn't mess it up for me.
Well it makes it so no one else can get on.. Happened to me and other people a few times, and a staff has to enter and leave just to fix it.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyonandelliot View Post
Well it makes it so no one else can get on.. Happened to me and other people a few times, and a staff has to enter and leave just to fix it.
Don't think it has to do with both players dying. They're fixing it though.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Don't think it has to do with both players dying. They're fixing it though.
Yeah, but when i see that happen, something goes wrong.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:36 AM
The spar room is really nice, despite the few bugs. The scoreboard is really nice, even if it's not that complicated, it's good to have a nice presentation level. I wish other servers would do the same. The graphics don't even have to be all that great, it's all about the presentation.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:47 AM
Banned
_Z3phyr_ is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys i found this one thing that's wrong lets make the whole server look horrible because of it by reiterating it constantly; eewww stolen gfx how dare you!

WHAT'D I SAY
Old 07-10-2007, 07:23 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Z3phyr_ View Post
WHAT'D I SAY

My response exactly.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Bitterchaos is on a distinguished road
dear everyone.

the floor tiles were added to the tileset by mateus when he worked for us like 3 years ago. sorry we didnt pick up on it, but we dont have that much free time on our hands to reference everything our gfx artists make. and considering the fact that mateus was a talented gfx artist, i dont think anyone thought anything of it.

p.s. glad u all like my gfx work and spar arena

-sandz