Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Delteria Main Forum > Delteria News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2007, 12:47 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
This makes me sad

At first I thought they only looked similar... but now after pasting them over each other. They are indeed just recolors with some random pixels thrown in for absolutely no positive effect.
Now if the rest of these tiles were possible, why copy the floor tiles? Which brings me to question if they actually did do the rest of the tiles themselves.

You have it backwords. The grey one is Delteria's.

I must say, it is a nice floor plan, though.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:30 AM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
This makes me sad
Now if the rest of these tiles were possible, why copy the floor tiles? Which brings me to question if they actually did do the rest of the tiles themselves.
Don't assume, because you make an ASS out of you and me.

I'll plead ignorance on that one, because I don't play RPGs.

I think something should be done with it (the cobblestone), and will see that it gets worked on (I actually believe it could be improved anyway).

As for the rest of the tileset, it's some recolors from the default tileset, and anything else was largely created by Sandz, and some from me in 2004 and this year. Hope that clears anything up.

Now lets see if we can all act like we have some maturity. It's pretty obvious that if this is the biggest thing to gripe about, somebody's just a crybaby. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:38 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
How was I not acting maturely? It's not like I went on a *****-fest about the stolen tiles like Graal is notorious for, and I actually provided some truth.
I'm also sure if you see any of your work stolen you'd do just as much assuming. I think if someone has stolen graphics it's fair enough that there will be assumptions. But either way, kudos to taking action on it. Though I think you're a bit too defensive.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:42 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
How was I not acting maturely? It's not like I went on a *****-fest about the stolen tiles like Graal is notorious for, and I actually provided some truth.
I'm also sure if you see any of your work stolen you'd do just as much assuming. I think if someone has stolen graphics it's fair enough that there will be assumptions. But either way, kudos to taking action on it. Though I think you're a bit too defensive.
Well, Delteria has been working quite hard lately with this open beta, fixing everything and trying to satisify player needs. There must be a good level of stress for Delterian staff because we've been waiting for this update for literally years and they do not want to disappoint.

But yeah, they got this under control. Sandz told me he made most of the tileset except for the roads, which we can see are clearly ripped/recolored/whatever you want to call it.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:45 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
I think the selling point is the roofing, now just to fix that mind-numbing palette and the roads and you'll be set!
Old 07-09-2007, 03:57 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
That spar room is REALLY cool. I'm gonna have to go check it out now D:

Just a couple of minutes in to exploring and I'm all ready loving it. I think it's all the little touches...I really like the church and the mirror effect at the barber shop is awesome. I also really like the way you did stairs/EVERYTHING.

A ton of attention and detail went into this city. This is clearly an example of WHAT to do when designing a tileset.

Don Hertzfeldt <3

Last edited by smirt362; 07-09-2007 at 04:13 AM..
Old 07-09-2007, 04:26 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
A ton of attention and detail went into this city. This is clearly an example of WHAT to do when designing a tileset.
And this is just the beta, I can't wait for the full OW which I heard was going to be released in a weeks time.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:25 AM
Chance Mercy
6Burning6Church6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven View Post
Don't assume, because you make an ASS out of you and me.

I'll plead ignorance on that one, because I don't play RPGs.

I think something should be done with it (the cobblestone), and will see that it gets worked on (I actually believe it could be improved anyway).

As for the rest of the tileset, it's some recolors from the default tileset, and anything else was largely created by Sandz, and some from me in 2004 and this year. Hope that clears anything up.

Now lets see if we can all act like we have some maturity. It's pretty obvious that if this is the biggest thing to gripe about, somebody's just a crybaby. Thanks.
Don't forget to give Mateus credit, he did do a good portion of the outside tiles, even though they were redone a little bit he still created them.

Also those floor tiles do look the same, I'm not gonna defend Delt on that one, however I will say that this project has been going on for quite some time and it is very possible that when Tiamat/Sandz were doing a lot of work with Kaljun they hired some guy who stole those gfx and put them in there. Now that it's been brought to light how similar they are to that other game, then I'm sure that they will get to work on remaking them.

Having stolen work is not always the fault of management, there is nobody here who would be able to pick out every stolen image you are shown, I'm sure that the management thanks you for bringing this to light so they can assess to the problem and fix it, but going on and on and on about it isn't going to do anything but frustrate people.

Also the outlines don't line up 100% on the images, but I'm sure that is something that happened during the recolor and probably wasn't even on purpose, there's no doubt that those graphics are stolen if you do a side by side comparison.

- American Pride
"We will stop terrorist TOGETHER." - President Bush
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
Oh that can happen because of stupid coding,
people doing stuff like

if (playertouchsme)
toweapons I am a dumb scripter
}

forgetting the ;
"Never argue with a idiot, or they'll be you by experience."
- So that means don't argue with me.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:52 AM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Burning6Church6
Don't forget to give Mateus credit, he did do a good portion of the outside tiles, even though they were redone a little bit he still created them.
Speaking of outside tiles, I did most of the tree.
But yeah, can't forget good old Mateus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty
Though I think you're a bit too defensive.
I'm just overly blunt to be honest.

The point was that I will be taking action, and since it was stated multiple times already, I don't really see how another echo with regards to the cobblestone was necessary. It's kind of like if you were to be a stock clerk who dropped a gallon of milk and the next 20 customers who passed by told you there was spilled milk on the floor, ya know? No hard feelings or anything.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:12 AM
Well the point of my post was to really post definitive proof. The screenshot given wasn't enough to really end the argument as to whether it was stolen or not, so I did so. Also, you posted after the screenshot was shown and such and never said anything about changing it, so ya, it's not like hearing echoes because you never said you were changing it before.
As for hard feelings, nah, of course not.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:29 AM
Screenshots don't do the town justice guys, you have to run around in the town to appreciate all the fine details, the way the town actually feels like a port town, etc.

Trust me, I'm not easy to please and this impresses me. Truly a 9/10 town.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:45 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Yeah, the town detail is absolutely incredible. I was able to see a decent portion of the development process and the attention to detail was absolutely ridiculous, in fact, as a developer who did, errr, "some" stuff, it was pretty annoying at times.

But as Crono said, just walking through you get an awesome feeling for how great it is.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:07 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
It's nice but theres way too much gray and blue :-(
Old 07-09-2007, 09:13 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
I'm loving the tileset and other graphics completely.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:32 PM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
I truly like how people are complaining about copying a single floor pattern from a semi-obscure game made about 13 years ago, when we're all playing a game that was almost an exact copy of Zelda: Link to the past.

It's not like it's copied from another server, and it's not like the "stolen" content is even something that's copyrighted or illegal to copy.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit