Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum > Unholy Nation News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 11:12 PM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
PK/Update/Feedback

Hi guys,

I've been thinking hard about some things we could do to encourage PKing/Sparring. A lot of people have been interested, and one of my ideas is as followed.

Gladiator battles:

It can be functioned in two ways.

First way, being at the end of the month for the top sparrer of the month. Number one and two can face off in a Gladiator arena and players will pay a small entry fee to get in. From there, players can make bets (much as the way you can in TC Spar now). Winning "Gladiator" will get their ticket, and the money from entry fees and betting will be filtered back to all the players who bet on said winner.

The second way could be done as a Guild event. At this point we have established our arena. We'd announce said Gladiator fight maybe a week or two before we do it. Guilds can elect their best sparrer(s) to enter. Winning Guild will get some undecided prize. Of course, spectating and betting will be done in this sense as well.

If we decide to do this, it will not interfere with the development of Seaport in anyway. It seemed like a bit of a fun event that we could do, and I don't know where else (if anywhere else) it has been done on Graal.

Feedback is what I'm really looking for. So please, please, please give me your honest opinion.

On a side note, another attraction at Seaport is being released sometime tonight. It is small, but will be incorporated in another attraction we're still working on.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:24 PM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
I had a similar idea, but instead the top n sparrers are selected each month as the month's champions. Then (based on the availability of the champions), a schedule is determined, and each champion gets a timeslot. Over the course of the fight event, anyone can pay a fee to challenge the champion of the current timeslot. If the champion wins, the fee amount gets added to their winnings. If the challenger wins, they get x percent of the winnings.

This way, players can be more involved.
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:29 PM
UN Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by napo_p2p View Post
I had a similar idea, but instead the top n sparrers are selected each month as the month's champions. Then (based on the availability of the champions), a schedule is determined, and each champion gets a timeslot. Over the course of the fight event, anyone can pay a fee to challenge the champion of the current timeslot. If the champion wins, the fee amount gets added to their winnings. If the challenger wins, they get x percent of the winnings.

This way, players can be more involved.
We could do that too, this is just a rough draft of the idea I had while sitting on my couch.

We could have several days at the end of each month dedicated to doing these things.

One player dedicated,
One guild dedicated,
One sparrer dedicated.

Also, on a side note. There will be a rough lag rate that you have to meet to enter. I apologize ahead of time to people like BlobZ.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:40 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
how about you let me get the leagues going that i've talked to you guys numerous times about, that will at least promote the sparring more and give more incentive to get better. right now things are at a stand still, the only tourney worthy of entering is UTC and even that is lacking. it's time we got leagues going in the top half of tcspar, so we can use that space more efficiently - plus it'd be right near all the action.

i made a post about this very subject on the UN forums (http://forum.unholyserver.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1321) no one has responded, doesn't seem very active, or no one cares. ):
Old 05-17-2009, 10:11 AM
UN Manager
I've responded there. However, I'd prefer we leave our forum talk there.. and this forum talk here.

We're going to give the "Gladiator" some thought and come up with something to at least test, and tinker with.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Bring back pause, and Delete some 300 irrelevant NPC's. Better chance of Pking returning. Trying to develop a new town still is a stupid plan considering people seldomly leave Town Center.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-17-2009, 03:40 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Bring back pause, and Delete some 300 irrelevant NPC's. Better chance of Pking returning. Trying to develop a new town still is a stupid plan considering people seldomly leave Town Center.
this
Old 05-18-2009, 09:20 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimChao View Post
I've responded there. However, I'd prefer we leave our forum talk there.. and this forum talk here.

We're going to give the "Gladiator" some thought and come up with something to at least test, and tinker with.
you said you wanted honest feedback, so i gave you honest feedback, not to mention it seemed like the UN forum aren't active at all - pretty sure my thread would still have no replies too it if i hadn't posted here.

the gladiator idea, done the first way, will only piss people off. you win to be the top sparrer of the month for the ticket, then lose to the "number two sparrer" and then you don't get a ticket.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Banned?
zephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zephirot Send a message via MSN to zephirot
Make tc non pk again, why the **** was it changed in the first time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 05-18-2009, 10:04 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
agreed. it's so annoying when you're fishing in TC or sitting there talking or idling or whatever it is, and you're being raped by pkers.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:58 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephirot View Post
Make tc non pk again
At least make it so you can pause.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 05-18-2009, 11:01 PM
a/s/l
pause is even more annoying. people wait for the second you unpause so they can lame you. when you're walking; you're unpaused and pkers are chasing after you.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
That's what he meant. Making the overworld non pausable was one of the stupidest things ever. Streety kept it with the promise of "safe-zones" but he hasn't delivered on that. I have no idea how it stayed but there was apparently a vote to keep it, but I assume a majority consisted of BTK going on their alternate accounts to vote for it.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-18-2009, 11:40 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
pause is even more annoying. people wait for the second you unpause so they can lame you. when you're walking; you're unpaused and pkers are chasing after you.
Welcome to Graal, it's been like that since a few years after you were born.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:48 AM
UN Manager
Quote:
you said you wanted honest feedback, so i gave you honest feedback, not to mention it seemed like the UN forum aren't active at all - pretty sure my thread would still have no replies too it if i hadn't posted here.

the gladiator idea, done the first way, will only piss people off. you win to be the top sparrer of the month for the ticket, then lose to the "number two sparrer" and then you don't get a ticket.
We'll scrap the idea then, and work with it some other way. The idea was to get feedback like this so I could understand if you'd like it or not. I was just spitting out ideas that came to head.

Quote:
That's what he meant. Making the overworld non pausable was one of the stupidest things ever. Streety kept it with the promise of "safe-zones" but he hasn't delivered on that. I have no idea how it stayed but there was apparently a vote to keep it, but I assume a majority consisted of BTK going on their alternate accounts to vote for it.
I'd still like to do this very much. We just haven't come up with an efficient way of getting it done. I'm guilty of somewhat sitting it on the backburner, but if it's that big a deal I'll continue to look into it :o