Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum > Unholy Nation News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 11:24 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Seaport/First Content

Hi guys,

I'm aware this could have just been posted in my most recent "Unholy Updates" topic. However, I wanted to get as much attention as I possibly could for this..

Fri. thru Sunday (May 8th-10th), we plan to finally release a significant pack of content in Seaport. Now, here's the heads up before everyone else gets it on the log in screen:

This upcoming weekend we plan on releasing the brand new fishing system (Assuming everything goes well throughout the week).

We also plan on opening the Seaport Aquarium. Before this release, the aquarium was just a big tiled trio of levels with sand and what looked like dead fish. We're doing our best with the resources we've got to make it a sweet set up that's enjoyable-- and that will be the host of some awesome things.
-Some of the things it'll include are a mini-quest/mini-game for a neat little prize that you may or may not enjoy.

However, why would we plan on releasing these two together? It's not JUST because we like fish, and it's certainly not because you'll be fishing in the Aquarium. (Unlike our other "jobs", fishing will be freeform and you can fish anywhere on the GMAP-- and different areas will give you different results? What? Who said that?)

No. Actually, the ideas to kick off our new fishing system and the first significant release from Seaport is a donating system. Upon release the aquarium tanks will be empty. YOU, the player, will have to catch the fish and donate them. However (let me explain this as best I can), only one player can donate specific type of fish. Basically, lets say I catch a bass. I run down to the aquarium and donate it. A little bit later, you catch one and head down there unknowing that I had already paid them a visit. Well, if you try to donate your fish-- you'll be denied. They already have one! Streety is the victor, and his name will go down forever on one of the tank signs.
"Bass: (Donated by SwimChao)"

Now, for your awesome donating you'll also receive a life time pass to go in and out of the aquarium to see your fishies whenever you please.

I don't want to give out ALL the information, especially about the mini-game and prize it'll include. So, you'll just have to come down yourself and see:
May 9th at 6:30 PM (EST)

Any changes in schedule will be posted here.
~Streety

Edit: On a side note, donating isn't the only thing fishing is used for. Infact, it's not what it's intended for in the first place. You'll of course be able to sell your fish for $$$
Old 05-03-2009, 11:43 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
From the picture the aquarium already looks awesome. When I was staff on UN I remmeber the aquarium they already had on the server, and by looking at that picture it looks nothing alike :P. The old one was like you said just a pile of sand. It's good that some major updates are happening to UN and SeaPort is actually turning out good unlike before. Let's see how the fishing turns out, but I would like to see something fun and not just pressing 'a'.

The fish donating thing sounds like Animal Crossing if you ever played that . However, I most likely will try to get atleast one little fishy, and name it after myself .

It does look like a job well done though, so great job.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:45 AM
UN Manager
The fishing system plans to function with a cast into your water, then once you have a fish on the line, a bar will come up with a slider sliding from one end to the other. The bar will have a red portion in the center of it-- the objective to catch your fish is to get that slider in the red zone.

Now, for more difficult fish the red zone is assumed to be smaller. For more common fish, it is assumed to be larger.

How much profit you'll make in comparison to the other jobs (that will be slightly toned down), is skeptical. However, it certainly will be fun, and bot free.

Plus we can release limited edition fish certain times of year, etc.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Very nice content idea!
Old 05-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the idea, but....

How will this spectacular new job help Unholy Nation?
Unholy Nation doesn't have a balanced economy.
The playercount is so low that people are not trading/selling/buying items anymore. Even if someone sells something; they want EP not Gralats.

I'm glad to see that you guys are finishing Seaport, although it should've been released years ago. What still bugs me is that I still don't get why Malinko released it when it clearly wasn't finished. I think that it destroyed the whole "wow factor" of the whole project.

I remember when I worked on it, it had some really neat ideas that Vicious came up with.
Hopefully you guys will follow his direction and make Seaport a really great place :]

After all; Unholy Nation could use some updates.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:11 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
this is going to be so good

the aquarium looks great; the GAT team did a great job on it! a lot of effort was put into it. it's going to be fun to have the fishing system back also.

great job guys
Old 05-03-2009, 05:50 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Nice work Streety and the developers. Sounds, and looks good.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Nice, my old Aquarium Tileset I made for WiKKiD

Old 05-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
So, does this mean that all the fish will be donated within 5 minutes of the fishing system/aquarium being released?
There cant be that many types of fish to catch....

Old 05-03-2009, 10:39 PM
UN Manager
Quote:
How will this spectacular new job help Unholy Nation?
The idea behind this will be diversity amongst jobs. The Mining system and Lumber system will both be dramatically tinkered with so that we have three even, and fun jobs set up with different benefits. We can't force people to want to trade, and EP are like the dollars-- Gralat are like the pennies. This is from years and years of selling items for EP instead of G. So, the only way to change it would be reset the server and go back and individually change the price/payment type of weapons.

Quote:
Nice, my old Aquarium Tileset I made for WiKKiD
Yep, we left all the old tileset and what not because it was really good. However, the way Malinko (or Spryte, IDK which) set it up.. It looked like cages with sand, rocks, bushes and dead fish.

Quote:
So, does this mean that all the fish will be donated within 5 minutes of the fishing system/aquarium being released?
In a sense, it does, it may be more than five though-- depending on the general luck and fish skillz of the UN population. So once you catch a fish, my suggestion is you make haste to the aquarium. Fishing in Seaport would be the best bet.

Quote:
There cant be that many types of fish to catch....
To begin with, no, there won't be that many types. However, I plan to do my best to release 3-5 more fish every month that I'm in my Manager position.

I hope I've answered all your questions.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
what about this streety

you can rent fish tanks for gralat and u can donate up to 5 fishs at times ?

1 tank per players
Old 05-04-2009, 12:43 AM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
Good luck, I will certainly give it a try.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Looks good.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
I have a strong feeling this Fishing System will be similar to Zenkou (considering the different fishes in different areas is similar), but whatever. Good luck.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
I have a strong feeling this Fishing System will be similar to Zenkou (considering the different fishes in different areas is similar), but whatever. Good luck.
This is a feature in practically every single game that you can fish on.