Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-02-2013, 06:31 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Windows 8 RC Fix

I posted in the one bug report thread but I've since refined the fix and reduced the attached file.

The attached ZIP file contains:

1. GTK and Pango plain-text configuration files, and the theme configuration for GTK. For whatever reason it doesn't load properly and needs to be provided as a file.
2. Default control2config.txt
3. All images and icons used by RemoteControl2.exe - Great for customizing your RC.

There are no DLLs or EXEs included in the ZIP file anymore as they are unneeded.

Instructions:

1. Create a RC2 folder in your Graal folder or wherever you want.
2. Extract RC2.zip to your RC2 folder.
3. Download and Install RemoteControl2 through Graal if you haven't already.
4. Copy RemoteControl2.exe from your Graal folder into your RC2 folder.
5. Open RemoteControl2.exe

Upon opening it you should have a fully functioning RC2.exe and continue developing under Windows 8.

Credit to the posters on Graalians who figured it out, I just refined it and cleaned it up for distribution.

Attached Files
File Type: zip RC2.zip (83.5 KB, 244 views)
Old 04-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Nice, you think I can fix the official RC download just by replacing those bundled files?
Old 04-02-2013, 10:49 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Nice, you think I can fix the official RC download just by replacing those bundled files?
Probably. The community would certainly appreciate it if you brought it up to the same feature set (community names in playerlist) as your Linux/OSX versions.

Last edited by Darlene159; 04-04-2013 at 01:17 AM.. Reason: removed reply to deleted post
Old 04-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Bert
snoop413 can only hope to improve
Awesome.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Ok are there actually any changed files or is the problem that the files must exist on the drive?
Old 04-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Graal Administration
Ok the RemoteControl is now available as zip for Windows8 when you login to the serverlist, click on "Start" and then "Install Packages", then "RemoteControl (8)".

There is also a button which opens the current Graal folder. You need to double-click RemoteControl2.zip, click on RemoteControl2.exe, which will automatically extract the files. If you want to start it again later then go to the RemoteControl2 folder and start the RemoteControl2.exe there.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:29 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Has there been any other updates, like community name support, as of now, I think only my Mac show's community names.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I just want it so that saving player's attributes doesn't cut the text and corrupt flags.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:29 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
he'll add it if you implement them for him lol
Old 04-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Graal Administration
We have added a protection some weeks ago which tries to prevent cutting of over-long flags, although it's of course not a perfect solution. The RC has not been improved feature-wise.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:29 PM
team canada
Tested the new install package in my 8 VM and it worked fine.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Graal Administration
Thanks for testing
Old 04-08-2013, 09:08 PM
AGT
dylan has a spectacular aura about
Have you thought of allowing some of the coders on Graal at the RC2 source to try and get some of the demands that people have put into the RC?

Seems like a hassle for one person to be the only one that can work on it without cracking it open.

<@Logan> I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
<@Logan> I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"