Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: What should happen to the current AP System?
Leave it untouched. 13 50.00%
Revise it (make some changes). 9 34.62%
Completely remove it. 4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 03:46 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
There should be some safe zones on the overworld where you cant get hit by bombs/arrows/swords regardless of ap.

Also Gladius, I think that was Era you are referring to. I remember a long long time ago they had a newbie protection which you could activate for 20 or so minutes if you were like really new.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-05-2009, 03:52 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill View Post
The question is not whether if I am able to do the same atrocious acts; it's the fact that it's wrong since it's lame is what i'm trying to get at.
It's also unfair on those that don't do it.

I forgot, why was the AP System re-introduced again?
To cure the problem of laming.
Now tell me, how is this loophole in the system which makes it possible to lame - not losing its original objectives?
How can you justify this hypocrisy?
You keep saying it's a loophole as if there's zero penalty to the person who is doing it. They have to stop PKing for a few hours to regain saint so obviously there is a penalty, even if you choose to not view it as one.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:41 AM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
I get the feeling a lot of you don't remember or weren't around for PK tags. Here's a quick run down of what they were.

Regardless of your AP once you killed somebody you instantly hit zero AP, got a nice little (Player Killer) tag, couldn't heal. The tag lasted about 30 minutes, but this timer could be adjusted. Once your timer was up your AP went back to what it was before the tag(Prevents killing somebody and running to regain AP).

You can adjust the timer on it, cap hearts at 5 while tagged, make people PKable in non-PK zones with the tag, whatever. Not sure it'll be entirely doable since I'm not sure you can make two people with the same tag be able to hit each other though if it's doable in another way I'd love it. PK tags were fun.

Best part is when people see others with PK tags they of course go after them, getting a tag themselves, then others go for them getting tags, usually a chain reaction.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:48 AM
Prince
Nice idea, but what if people want to go on their own guild tags?

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-05-2009, 04:57 AM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Nice idea, but what if people want to go on their own guild tags?
I'm sure there are other ways to do it than a tag. Could just have zero AP be the mark of a PK tag(black name).

I mean I remember back in the day you weren't a PKer unless you had zero AP. Now we can bring the black names to the PKers and knock out the laming.

I also realized what I described would end up with everyone either being Saint or PK since your AP would go back to what it was before the tag. Could make it go back to your AP minus like 30, or even 50. Saint as it is now is too easy to get and maintain, but I think removing AP or slowing down AP gain isn't very creative.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:04 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Perhaps the yellow (gold) graalat could grant 100 ap and that person would be the only saint?

Just a thought.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Classic Systems Admin
Polo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Polo
When we first launched the NPC Server I removed the whole AP system, including sainthood and health restrictions. Instead I put in a sort of PK 'rating' which was a score between 0 and 100 based on how good you were at PKing. Players who killed a lot without dying would have scores closer to 0 (realistically anything below about 30 meant a strong attacker). PK 'rating' was mapped against the AP colours, so that PKers had black nicks, players who died a lot had gold nicks, and players who avoided fighting had white nicks (Like 0AP, 100AP and 50AP respectively), with the whole scaling from 0 to 100 used in between. The idea of the system was simply to just let people fight without restrictions, with the rating used as an indictor to show what a players preference was.

I've always felt that the only reason people like being restricted to 3 or 5 hearts is because it allows them to get kills (and/or deaths) more quickly, ultimately inflating their stats. The fact that you die more often took away some of the enjoyment from PKing for me. I can see the arguement for not leting people who want to PK heal, but restricting their health just didn't work for me.

Eventually it was the players who voted to bring back the AP system, and that is why we have it. I personally wanted to do something similar to the 'Player Killer' tags mentioned by Stryker. I always thought these worked better than AP. From what I remember there was no sliding scale; either you were a Player Killer or not, and after 10 minutes without killing anyone the tag would get removed. There was no such thing as sainthood either, so people who did not want to fight were forced to run away. I've checked and it is possible for us to display '(Player Killer)' without interfering with any of the guild stuff.

I guess changing how the who PK/sainthood system works is something we can look at.

Proof that the staff are crazy..
*Ghost Pirate: I'm a little teacup short and stubbe here is my raygun here is my butt
DragonX: Jumping jack rabbits Batman! Our eggo waffles have been stolen! To the batmobile Robin!
X-Mann (RC): I have a head ache
Old 04-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
The players have voted.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:52 PM
٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶
Kill is on a distinguished road
I approve of bringing back Player Killer tags instead of this AP System. Having said that, I also think there should be 100AP along with PK tags because some people just don't want to PK -- they shouldn't have to.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Banned
Shadow87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Shadow87
The players have voted to leave it untouched. But will storm go and do what he always does and NOT listen to the players? ...probably.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Prince
Actually it's an 8-8 tie. If you count the people who want something done about the system and combine it together, that's an 8 vote margin.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Banned
Shadow87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Shadow87
Yea too bad that isn't the way a poll works. Top number wins buddy.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Prince
But there are 8 players who feel something should be done about the AP system, buddy. When making a decision, you take into consideration the opinions of each and every player. Not just a number.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-05-2009, 05:16 PM
٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶
Kill is on a distinguished road
Mystic is right, the poll hasn't closed. It's only the 2nd day and you're already jumping to conclusions and claiming everyone voted to keep it untouched even though it's 8-8?

The last option was a bit stupid I admit, but if you think about it -- it does tie into PK tags replacing the AP System.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
ill say like tatsumi , the way a poll work is top number win it, i never saw a poll counting 2 answer just to counter the top one