Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: What should happen to the current AP System?
Leave it untouched. 13 50.00%
Revise it (make some changes). 9 34.62%
Completely remove it. 4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpredlctable View Post
mighty and thedae how could u i am so disappointed
hmmm by clicking S
Old 04-04-2009, 06:39 PM
٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶
Kill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
you getting lamed doesnt prove ANYTHING about mighty OR dae laming too, mystic lame me alot when i log on and do you see me crying over graal forum?
That is incomparable, you look dumb trying to compare the two.
I'll explain why:
Some people have found a loophole in the AP System which is very irritating as it is unfair. Your situation however, is fair because you can always log off in a no-PK zone, it saves you the troubles of being lamed when you log on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty View Post
I didn't say it was not, I agree that it is
Thank you for using your brain, some of the people in this thread really aren't and it's going on to a personal level which I wish it wasn't.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Classic FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill View Post
That is incomparable, you look dumb trying to compare the two.
i never said all of my death were made when i was logging on , wtf are you trying to prove?
Old 04-04-2009, 06:55 PM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
hmmm by clicking S
Old 04-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Don't play dumb. You know exactly what you're doing, you idle up until around 60 to 100AP and then come PK people in Level14, and when people like myself have died consecutively until you get to 3hp - you go back to idle again.
How is that not lame or not abusing a loophole in the AP System?
are they cleverly exploiting a game mechanic in such a way that you can't copy it?

no.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Classic FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
are they cleverly exploiting a game mechanic in such a way that you can't copy it?

no.

touche
Old 04-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I voted to leave it untouched. Sure there's a hell of a lot of people with 100ap these days, because there is really no incentive to actually do anything in these circumstances. In the past if there was something going on, such as a guild war for instance, people who walk around with their 100ap had no problem losing it. Times have changed though, the hit detection is weak, so there is just no reason to PK.

If there's people "abusing" the AP system, then simply only raise AP while in PK levels and while you're unpaused. I personally agree that 100apers should be able to be hit by NPCs, but apparently there's a lot of distaste for that within the staff team and it doesn't entirely make sense anyway. Oh well.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Bring back PK tags.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Banned
Shadow87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Shadow87
Kill way to not respond to my comments, guess you had nothing!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:28 PM
٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow87 View Post
Kill way to not respond to my comments, guess you had nothing!
There was no need. If you want the truth:- I could hardly understand what you were talking about. The way you type is seriously messed up, I'm not even trying to insult you. It's, like, this, and, it's, confusing.

Also how you expect me to take this seriously is really beyond me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow87 View Post
I am not a victim because i am fkn awesome thats why. I am not dildos like you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post

no.
The question is not whether if I am able to do the same atrocious acts; it's the fact that it's wrong since it's lame is what i'm trying to get at.
It's also unfair on those that don't do it.

I forgot, why was the AP System re-introduced again?
To cure the problem of laming.
Now tell me, how is this loophole in the system which makes it possible to lame - not losing its original objectives?
How can you justify this hypocrisy?

Old 04-04-2009, 10:56 PM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
Quote:
atrocious acts
holy goddamn exaggerations, batman
Old 04-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
I still say 'Bring Back PK Tags' should be an option on that list.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
The AP system is something that people have abused at times, no doubt about that, but i think removing it completely would only encourage people to run off and heal, would you rather have lamers sit around for half an hour before attempting to lame you, or have them constantly trying to lame you?

But then again, laming wasn't the main reason the AP system was introduced,
the important thing was for it to shorten the advantage PKers with level 3 sword + shield & 10 or more hearts had on new players with level 1 sword & shield and 3 heart.
This was ofcourse a long time ago and doesn't apply to the same extent at the time being, but the level 2 sword and shield aswell as more obtainable hearts are planned releases which will see starting levels and heart amount decrease.

The deal with Saint Mode is quite simply that if you avoid fighting with other players then other players should not be able to fight with you, this can also be helpful to new players, Newbie Saint is perhaps something that should be brought back for those who choose to go through the tutorial rather than skip it.

However i do think it might be a good idea to increase the time inwhich AP rises, i have the feeling that it rises alot quicker now than before the npcserver and as a result going from 0 - 20 and then 20 - 40 occurs too quickly.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:07 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
A few points.

I remember on one server that when you logged on as a noob (trial), you had a 30 minute "no pk rule" where people couldn't hit you and you couldn't hit them. Of course you could voluntarily get rid of your power, but then obviously you were fair game. I'm not sure if/how something like this would work on classic, but it was just a thought.

I've never really understood why the hps change. Sitting around on 3 hp is just asking for trouble. Not that deaths matter, but being assaulted by every noob and/or s-key happy person who walks by you is not very fun, at least imo. I've been saint for a long time now because I got tired of people walking into lvl 14 and slashing me when I was talking. The pause image takes up a good amount of space, and it really gets in the way of talking. So I can either be paused and not able to read what people are saying, or I can sit unpaused and fear assault at any moment. Neither option was that good. So I went to saint to avoid both of these problems.

Someone early on in the thread suggested removing AP below the saint level, which seems like a very good suggestion. Forget this 3 hp vs 5 or 8 hp stuff. Everyone has 8 hp and they fight to see who's better. If they still want to run and heal (tbh healing shouldn't be allowed, imo) then they're pathetic. "Omg I can't win a fair fight and god forbid I get a graal death!"

So, either get rid of AP altogether (which is what I voted for), or change it to were only saints have any differences.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:28 AM
٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶
I 100% agree with Gladius, his post is spot on.