Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2015, 04:47 PM
Ramsfan is on a distinguished road
Why did you play Era?

What is it that got you hooked to Era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchez416 View Post
You know what really made era great back in the day were these exclusive clubs, the privilege and corruption. I mean, I guess it's a double edged sword because people say this was the sort of thing that kept new players from playing the game. But honestly as a new player in the early 2000s, I remember feeling intrigued by the mystery of all these different exclusive organizations. Also, the privilege that was bestowed on select players really seemed to promote a hierarchical sort of environment which really made for a much more interesting game. Perhaps this is part of the reason gangs have gone downhill? They're no longer exclusive and there's no real hierarchy within them. It's so bad that gag raids aren't even organized or led by anyone in particular. Just sort of egalitarian, apathetic masses throwing themselves mindlessly at one another.
I started playing Era in 2006 when I was 11. I bought an account because my friend, Spike, told me Era was a computer version of Grand Theft Auto and I was currently banned on Runescape so I needed something to play. But anyway, what hooked me to start playing this silly game? Gangs.

I wanted to join a gang. Problem was, whenever I walked into a base, everybody murdered me. So it motivated me to keep playing, get better, and get my revenge. One of the biggest challenges I overcame as a new player was practicing at the sparring complex. It was almost always full of way more experienced PKers than I was. And I had to walk from the hospital back to the spar complex each time I died, because I was poor and couldn't afford the revives - talk about struggle. But, every time I walked back it gave me motivation to win the next one, to improve, and start beating some of the gang members.

Finally, after several weeks of grinding, BB added me. SHOUT OUT TO BLAZIAN BANDITS. I felt like such a badass. One year later, I was leading the gang myself. Gangs are what motivated me to continue playing Era for as long as I have. What about you?

*Pic Related - BB in 07*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bb raid bigger.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	55794