FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 04:19 PM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
From what i understood they somehow did let him know they thought he could better be replaced.\/
Oh. well that's good. I guess it was just because it was so sudden at the time.

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 03-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
First Backdraft failure = Making Streety "Developer" staff. Not a good start in my eyes.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:50 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
I know a lot of you are wanting to hear from the PWA as to the thought process leading to Streety's removal and going by this thread, apparently it was no secret that it was "3-to-1". I am not sure how those numbers were made public. Regardless, unfortunately I can't really provide a specific and clear response for those of you who are upset and/or disappointed by this outcome, as I must admit that I was the "1".

On that same note, there are those of you who don't really care what the PWA's deciding argument was or the votes, you just care that Streety was removed as it's what you wanted. Perhaps rather than jumping back and forth between each other saying "So what has Streety done for UN?" or "He was awesome, I don't understand", those of you who were for Streety's removal - step up and just say, in the event you were involved in a vote, why you voted for his removal. Be honest, because when all's said and done, the PWA only looked at Streety because the community came to us first. The PWA don't simply act unless we're made aware of something being wrong in the first place.

That said, it had been discussed in the global forum back and forth about why Streety should or shouldn't have been removed but at the end of the day, perhaps I missed something which is why I put it to the greater community to help me understand why it came to this. As I said, essentially there's no escaping the fact that you as the community brought this to the PWA's attention and now the deed's done. If there's something to say, I would really like to understand it myself. It's not just about me though, I'm sure Streety wouldn't mind getting some feedback rather than leaving on a "Well damn, too bad" note.
I don't understand why he was removed without warning? I, personally, do not consider Bell suggesting he drop down a warning.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
i cant say that i agree with this, streety is one of the best UN managers in my eyes.
with that said, i'll miss streets.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 03-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
yo it really sucks when this happens.
i feel ur pain streety.
Perfect example of how enough crying and personal ambition can get a perfectly fine manager removed over the slightest little things. Although, in your case, the PWA didn't really investigate the situation at all. Houdiniman just logged on RC, asked everyone what we though about you, and pretty much made a decision in what seemed like a few minutes.

For some reason it seems like the PWA just needs to flex its muscles from time to time. I truly hope that's not how Streety's situation went down at all.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Perfect example of how enough crying and personal ambition can get a perfectly fine manager removed over the slightest little things. Although, in your case, the PWA didn't really investigate the situation at all. Houdiniman just logged on RC, asked everyone what we though about you, and pretty much made a decision in what seemed like a few minutes.

For some reason it seems like the PWA just needs to flex its muscles from time to time. I truly hope that's not how Streety's situation went down at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimChao View Post
That's what I told Bell when she proposed several weeks ago that I move to development, and make someone else manager.
Seems like it was in deliberation for a while.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Seems like it was in deliberation for a while.
I was referring more to how the PWA made its decision, not how long it took them. You can take as long as you want and still make a bad decision based off of a bunch of biased whiners' opinions

I'm not accusing the PWA of doing this because I really have no insight on the situation other than what I've read in this thread-- I'm just saying that it has definitely happened in the past. Although based off of TSAdmin's response, I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
In my experience it was obvious that Streety at least cared about UN to an extent. He was by far the least troublesome in what has become a lineage of piss-poor management on UN. I personally quit helping UN out while Malinko was still a manager (what a nightmare), and, absolutely refused to manage UN all three times I've been asked in the past few years due to the various sociopolitical drama that is both excessive and inherent at this point.

I will admit that I do at times find it ironic when the PWA step in on UN, as it seems to be selective considering the multitude of issues that have occurred there that I've been privy to... though I suppose it's relative as this 'selectivity' seems to be the case in general regarding both Classic and UC servers.

On Graal it seems anymore that most people have inferiority issues, an axe to grind, and/or an ulterior motive of some sort with just about everything. This alone is the reason for a general lack of cohesion and subsequently the downward spiral of the game.

Last edited by Cloven; 03-17-2010 at 07:17 PM..
Old 03-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Man, this sucks.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:11 PM
FuManchu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
First Backdraft failure = Making Streety "Developer" staff. Not a good start in my eyes.
Not really a failure thus far.
Streety is the type of person that is only a good asset to the team when he has a boss (as shown by his time as GAT Admin/Admin). He has a boss now
Old 03-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Xelt
King homer daStupid is a jewel in the roughKing homer daStupid is a jewel in the rough
Whilst not largely contributing to the physical development of the server (then again, it can be hard to in times like these), Streety certainly contributed to the stability of the server.

And goodluck to Backdraft!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:39 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
In short, the majority of the PWA feels that Streety is an asset to Unholy Nation, but not as a manager. For many months now we have received reports of development staff feeling disgruntled with Streety's management style and overall we are aware that a lot of the players were unhappy with his handling of player relations, or sometimes, lack thereof (consistently referring people away, even for the simplest of questions). There were also several other reasons that have been riddled throughout this thread, but the reality of it is really quite clear.

Everyone should be aware that Streety was not forced out of his position without any reserve; when approaching such situations we try to be as delicate as possible to avoid disrupting harmony and development as much as we can. Streety was given fair notice and was kept aware of our actions throughout a lot of the latter parts of the process (up to being politely asked to resign).

We know Streety has a lot of friends on Unholy Nation and is quite the charismatic person to be around if you know him, but there have been a lot of instances where favoritism has come to be a problem during his management as well.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

Last edited by Tigairius; 03-17-2010 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 03-17-2010, 11:19 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
In short, the majority of the PWA feels that Streety is an asset to Unholy Nation, but not as a manager. For many months now we have received reports of development staff feeling disgruntled with Streety's management style and overall we are aware that a lot of the players were unhappy with his handling of player relations, or sometimes, lack thereof (consistently referring people away, even for the simplest of questions). There were also several other reasons that have been riddled throughout this thread, but the reality of it is really quite clear.

Everyone should be aware that Streety was not forced out of his position without any reserve; when approaching such situations we try to be as delicate as possible to avoid disrupting harmony and development as much as we can. Streety was given fair notice and was kept aware of our actions throughout a lot of the latter parts of the process (up to being politely asked to resign).

We know Streety has a lot of friends on Unholy Nation and is quite the charismatic person to be around if you know him, but there have been a lot of instances where favoritism has come to be a problem during his management as well.
as well as the PWA not liking some of the manager methodology and imploring favoritism in the negative. if streety doesn't have a clear explanation for why he was removed, what makes you think he was informed during the process?

Quote:
That said, it had been discussed in the global forum back and forth about why Streety should or shouldn't have been removed but at the end of the day, perhaps I missed something which is why I put it to the greater community to help me understand why it came to this. As I said, essentially there's no escaping the fact that you as the community brought this to the PWA's attention and now the deed's done. If there's something to say, I would really like to understand it myself. It's not just about me though, I'm sure Streety wouldn't mind getting some feedback rather than leaving on a "Well damn, too bad" note.
Quote:
Like what? Bring everyone to your eyes. It's all about you right now, I'm asking you:
What was the difference to you between a manager who perhaps needed reminding of a promise made but unkept and a manager who should be removed? If a manager is slipping, he needs a kick in the butt, no doubt. Why vote removal?
i completely agree with these points, specifically that streety was really just getting a handle on the numerous problems plaguing UN. if anything, he's being kept on as a developer would indicate how personally he has gotten to know the problems at hand, but now that he knows he can't lead the projects? it's all fine and dandy to remind a manager what needs to get done, results are needed; but give the guy some time as not even last week he posted about fixing problems...it takes some groups months to get things going
Old 03-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
as well as the PWA not liking some of the manager methodology and imploring favoritism in the negative. if streety doesn't have a clear explanation for why he was removed, what makes you think he was informed during the process?
A lot of people think what they're doing is correct. Maybe Streety was just unaware a lot of people were uncomfortable with what he was doing.

Quote:
i completely agree with these points, specifically that streety was really just getting a handle on the numerous problems plaguing UN. if anything, he's being kept on as a developer would indicate how personally he has gotten to know the problems at hand, but now that he knows he can't lead the projects? it's all fine and dandy to remind a manager what needs to get done, results are needed; but give the guy some time as not even last week he posted about fixing problems...it takes some groups months to get things going
Over a year isn't enough time? I don't know if you've played UN enough in the past year to know that it has been lacking and wasnt being focused very correctly at all.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-18-2010, 12:49 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Over a year isn't enough time? I don't know if you've played UN enough in the past year to know that it has been lacking and wasnt being focused very correctly at all.
a lot of the issues were not brought up a year ago, so that isn't the correct increment of time in which to say streety hasn't produced anything. it has probably taken months to compile and completely understand the issues with UN, both for players, staff, scripts, systems, and projects. and this seems to be overshadowing the in-game forums came in under his management, and how much of a success is that currently? if anything that's the single biggest update UN has seen in years, albeit not one i personally enjoy

and i would know: i've been on UN actively for more than just the past year, though i can never seem to break through into staff like i used too and have a deeper insight into the background problems