Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 05:37 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuManchu View Post
Kind of like how he harassed Sting2Dope every day looking for a reason to fire him?
Harassed? Sting2Dope was GP Chief, and if I recall correctly, went through some family issues. I was totally understanding, and give him a lot of time to get things sorted out.

If harassing him is asking him to get active after that allotted time, I really don't know how to do my job. Again, you guys don't have the facts. I can't think of an unbiased party who was present though, who would be able to attest for me.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:41 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuManchu View Post
No, not really Kay.
Globals seem to have a history of taking forever to fire bad Managers (Master Storm, Spryte x2). I'm glad they seem to not letting history repeat itself because I actually want to see UN become fun again.
Master Storm was never removed by globals. He agreed to step down when his job relocation was going to take up a majority of his time. That's the funny part. Classic has been the only case where I've seen globals forgo such management inactivity/non-direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut_Crono View Post
If you dont like him because your friend didnt get hired for a position because they were not qualified than that is your choice, but Streety was by far the most competent person to run this server right now. Even now on UN there are people complaining FAR more that he is gone than people who are glad. The PWA made a unilateral decision to remove him without consulting him, the players, or the rest of the Staff team, and were wrong for it.
You do realize several staff complaints were filed in with a huge complaint made by Staff, and players right?

I saw Streety's removal coming. Streety has already told us that Bell suggested him stepping down from Manager to Dev.. That would of been a sure hint he was lacking in management.

Believe me, I thought Streety was good at PRA issues. He was totally compliant with me when an arrogant member of Staff reset mine and several other players' ep who picked it up when a former asst eta mass dropped them in the etcenter.(I hd about 200-300 originally) Really, what kind of player wouldnt pick up ep lying on the ground? (And this arrogant person is still Staff to this day!). He always wanted to get more people playing UN, trying to become diplomatic with most of the playerbase, and did organize quite a few things such as possible observer mode removal to help the effort.

As a manager I thought he was lacking in development direction. He was pretty random in development direction and didn't focus on what needed the most attention on UN: Just exactly how do you play this tangled server?

Most of the pressing issues a player needs to first encounter weren't really hands-on by Streety. The Noob Course is currently a mess (worse than what it was originally imo), and has been made public by Staff that they were going to redo it. I dont think Streety has been hands on about that really.

Weeks ago I suggested the idea to backdraft of redoing the player quests to make them better linked to each other/non crappy so players could understand them and go through them better. Toot wanted to go ahead with it, but Streety didn't want to place priority on it, which is incredibly baffling and frustrating. Especially when Iphone players check out this game in spite of curiosity.

The achievement system should be a great success, but my gut feeling tells me that with barely anything to do outside of events now, it won't become overly successful. I can't really dispute anything about it as we will just have to wait to see how it goes.

He and Cron removed the FAQ Team, which I thought was incredibly absurd, and used the excuse of a non staff members site for the faq team. It's okay to have a site explaining what to do on UN, but it should only serve as a supplement, and really doesn't explain everything on UN.

All staff were then instructed to act as help to players, which is understandable, but a lot of staff are busy with other issues. He placed Cron on the PRA division, which I honestly don't find much useful right now. Theres only 2 non staff-related divisons as of now and Backdraft, before he came manager, had been handling PR issues quite well.

Lastly, the pet system wasn't really something Streety should of placed high emphasis on. UN is a classic server, not an RPG. It may be a fun side issue, but I can tell you several touching issues related to classic gameplay which should of been addressed. (And I really mean no offense to anyone who worked on it or is currently working on it, if current management decides to keep pursuing that system).

All in all, I think Streety's removal was pretty justified. I really hope you don't take major offense to this streety; I think youre a good person, just not the most ideal manager for UN at this time.

Streety can be beneficial if he chooses to come back as a GAT or something, but his management direction wasn't what I would consider ideal.

My two cents plainly put. It's an opinion, after all.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-17-2010, 05:43 AM
FuManchu is an unknown quantity at this point
Sting had a completely different story than what you just told.
Just like TooTy, Luca, and everyone else.
I guess all these staff members must have randomly decided to spread lies about you..
Whenever enough people say the same thing about you (things like "streety's biased") then there is obviously a reason for it.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:51 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
I don't understand why you're supporting Sting. He has to be one of the rudest players on UN..
Old 03-17-2010, 05:57 AM
FuManchu is an unknown quantity at this point
Sting was an ******* and I didn't like him personally, but he did his job as GP Chief and if he said about Streety was true, then he definitely didn't deserve it.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:59 AM
Absolut_Crono is an unknown quantity at this point
I like Sting and all, but he didn't really do all that good of a job as GP Chief near the end...

He had family issues from what we were told, and couldn't be on much. But his issues were like 4 or 5 months long...
Old 03-17-2010, 06:00 AM
UN Manager
I can't really do my own arguing about myself here. Other staff members, especially those whom you spoke with, have not interjected into the topic yet.

If I did all of the things I'm being accused of doing, then by all means, I agree to me being removed. But I never did them, and I never would. I was always professional, and strongly stressed professionalism to my staff team. My intentions are still, and have always been in the better interest of the server.

@Mystic:
I was very enthusiastic about redoing the newbie course, and the like. There's not much I can do there, though. It's all levels, and TooT seemed to want to take this project head on. Administrators deserve a certain amount of freedom to do this. If I ever disagreed, I would have clearly said so.

As for the quests... This something delicate within the UN community, and something that I would have preferred to discuss as a team, when we're ready to direct our full attention towards it. I told TooT that I wanted to do it, but I wanted to wait a little while. We have three major projects going on simultaneously, and a bunch of other little ones to go along with it. I felt the need to moderate the amount of work we take off, so that I don't find myself, and the server, let down if we find that we can't finish it all.

It's a matter of focusing resources.

You haven't been with the server internally enough to see that navigating this messed up server has been my motive from day one. All the talk about how past management have made a labyrinth of garbage releases, and broken items. It's all rooted back to this, and the idea that I want nothing more than to organize the server. I have always wanted to make it more user friendly.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:20 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
UN's NC + Level scripts needs to be gutted and revamped badly the clutter from so many years now still remains (which was apparent when I visited/helped with the christmas event).

It was a tough hand Streety was dealt unfortunately it ended up like this.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:44 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
still waiting on that PWA response as to why they removed streety. a lot of speculation and insults are flying when it could be summed up in one post by a PWA member. that is, of course, that the reason they give is a legitimate one
Old 03-17-2010, 07:10 AM
UN Manager
Of course we had disagreements, but we always sorted them out in a professional manner. Towards the beginning, I admit that my mind was a little preoccupied. You weren't ignored, but I can't recall if I stressed that to you. With a lot of shifts in the staff team, there's just a certain level of control over development I needed to keep. Once you expressed your feelings about the subject, I took the extra effort to discuss with you. I didn't mind putting off something to talk, and then taking the extra time to finish it up later.

The point raised in this topic, is that I gave you a "hard time" for rights when you requested them. Never once when you asked for rights, did I give you a problem. All of your requests were rational, and I you were almost always given them immediately after we discussed them.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:36 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
I hope to god people just don't start creating stuff without thinking **** through. I have to admit.. Streety did a good job of controlling stuff like that.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:48 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
I googled good manager qualities, this is the result. I bolded the qualities that I think he demonstrated. The link is: http://www.projectsmart.co.uk/top-10...t-manager.html

Inspires a shared vision
Good Communicater
Integrity
Enthusiasm
Empathy
Competence
Ability to delegate tasks
Team-building skills
Problem solving skills

7/10? I think that's pretty good.
LOL. Okay elizabeth I didnt read pages 6 and 7 in this thread but i hope you realized you just posted up a double edged sword.

No ability to delegate tasks? Okay I get it, we will all run around like headless chickens and do random assignments, Team building skills is also needed as a management, What good is a manager who can't build a team properly? Integrity is not too terrible but it hurts more and shows as manager as much as he has tried, He didn't do enough as this whole thread is about. Sorry to hear you go streety you did somewhat keep UN stable. Personally I miss subzero as manager, he was a pretty damn good manager while he lasted and probably could've done more. But anyhow I hope you can relax now about this crap streety.

Quote:
Inspires a shared vision
Good Communicater
Integrity
Enthusiasm
Empathy
Competence
Ability to delegate tasks
Team-building skills
Problem solving skills
Fixed.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.

Last edited by Fulg0reSama; 03-17-2010 at 12:40 PM..
Old 03-17-2010, 08:59 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
I like how she didn't highlight integrity.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 03-17-2010, 09:02 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
That's a shame I must say, but the PWA wouldn't remove you from management without a reason. The PWA are an awesome group of people if you ask me.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
you must have done something because really bad because they didn't touch maniaman after being inactive for like 2 years when he managed maloria.